When was the last time someone really upset you

hopefully this isn't too political - but our middle brother's daughter came out as lesbian when she turned 18. Her dad kicked her out of the house (this was in Sept of her senior year of high school) and when I found out in October I reached out to her and told her I loved her and would always support her. When her dad (my middle brother) found out that I talked to her he did reach out to tell me what a horrible person I was and then he stopped any communication with me in any way. Then he apparently told my other brother. The other brother never reached out to tell me I was bad or that he was upset with me, he just stopped talking to me in any way (and had his family do the same).

That’s horrible! What an awful father! A parent’s love is unconditional.

And why would politics have anything to go with sexual orientation?

I had a heart attack in February and was encouraged by the doc to attend a cardiac rehab exercise class to "test my limits". After several weeks of attending, I had an episode with angina pain and st down and said I ws going to take a nitro tablet as instructed by my doc to do in this type of situation. The physiotherapist told me not to take it and to wait 5-10 minutes. I told her my doc said taking nitro is never wrong. She insisted and I followed her directions, but felt really scared and anxious. The next class she met me and told me that I coldn't attend because "we can't have that here". This is a group of 9 people with 3 physiotherapists, a defibrillator, an oxygen tank and is inside a hospital! It made me feel like there was no safe place for me to be, meanwhile I have to go about living my life. Needless to say I was very upset with Cardio Amy!
Since then I reviewed this with my doc, had a call from the director of the program and was referred to a different location to continue my work.

Last edited:

It takes a lot to upset me, but Delta did when they lost me in their system, causing me to miss my connecting flight with family and friends. It worked out in the end, but was so frustrating. My issue is so minor compared to some of the others being shared.
:hug:

It takes a lot to upset me, but Delta did when they lost me in their system, causing me to miss my connecting flight with family and friends. It worked out in the end, but was so frustrating. My issue is so minor compared to some of the others being shared.
:hug:
Consider yourself blessed, I guess. :flower3: My personal life is pretty drama-free and besides the little mundane irritations, I don’t really have any relationships that aren’t pleasant and easy-going. Like you, I have to rely on transactions going wrong and companies screwing me over to really get me furious!:furious:
;)

I think I am menopausal, not sure but everything lately..ugh. Last week I went to TJ Maxx. I was in a great mood until the cashier asked me if I wanted to use my 55+ and up discount (I am 50).
I shouldnt laugh at this but :lmao: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

hopefully this isn't too political - but our middle brother's daughter came out as lesbian when she turned 18. Her dad kicked her out of the house (this was in Sept of her senior year of high school) and when I found out in October I reached out to her and told her I loved her and would always support her. When her dad (my middle brother) found out that I talked to her he did reach out to tell me what a horrible person I was and then he stopped any communication with me in any way. Then he apparently told my other brother. The other brother never reached out to tell me I was bad or that he was upset with me, he just stopped talking to me in any way (and had his family do the same).
What on earth???? What horrible brothers you have! All i can say is that she's VERY fortunate to have you in her life. Eventually your brothers will come around, and when they do, i'd give them an earful or two. :mad:

My DIL and even though the incident was a year ago it has put a horrible strain on my relationship with my son.

My husband had 2 strokes in the space of a month 2 years ago and my kids don't understand how it has changed him. Last august, thinking he was giving me a break, he called my DIL to take him to his dr.'s appointment. I knew NOTHING about it because he made the appointment without mentioning it to me. She took him and then called me and let loose with a string of profanity on how I am a horrible wife. Enough is enough and I gave it right back to her.

My son and husband had a long standing policy of football Sundays at my son's house and because of my DIL we were not invited once this past year. My grandson is playing baseball this year and I barely talked to my son at the games. My son's birthday is this week and no mention of his annual BBQ even after I offered him a case of free hamburger and hot dog rolls, which he declined. It just rubbed more salt in the open wound.

I am so sorry this is happening to you. My biggest fear has always been a spouse coming between me and my kids. ODS's ex-wife tried and tried hard until I finally had a conversation with my son. I just let loose and told him how hurt we were that he was cutting us out. I think it stunned him that I was that emotional about it. Maybe she was convincing him we didn't care, I don't know but things flipped and he told her she could stay away from us if she wanted but he was going to have a relationship with his family. The marriage didn't last anyway and now he is married to an absolutely wonderful girl. She isn't just an "in law", she is truly our daughter.

Honestly, in your shoes, I would have a sit down maybe with both of them or maybe just him. And squash this. Its not good for your husband's health/recovery to feel cut out of his son's life and its not good for your grandson to see the divide.

My sister-in-law, two days ago. I am coming up for 5 days in June to stay with my brother who is 81 and has a terminal illness so she can spend the week at the beach with her kids and grandkids. She called and told me that it was causing a lot of animosity. Really? She wanted to dump him over at his son and daughter-in-law's house for the week, which he didn't want. He wanted to be home in his own bed, own recliner, tv. She made a point of telling me his daughter in law had taken vacation for the week he would be there (why? he is not an invalid, just needs his oxygen machine moved from bedroom to living room & back each day) and that she had bought some food already. She made me feel awful for trying to give her a break. (I spent a week in September so she could visit her daughter). She assumed that he had called me to get me to come so she was ticked at him since she had made plans on his behalf. I stopped her then and explained that I had called him to check in and also to tell him I wanted to visit. I asked him if he knew if she wanted to visit her daughter again like in September and maybe I could be there so she could go. At that point he mentioned the beach trip but didn't know the dates so he called me back a couple of days later with the dates and I said I would love to come then and help out. Side note: Two weeks before I called him I sent her a FB message(we usually communicate this way) checking in and telling her I would love to come for a visit and asking if there was a time that she would prefer so she could visit family. She read the message immediately but never responded so I waited two weeks and then called my brother. Of course after she went on and on to me on the phone she kept saying "don't say anything to your brother" "don't say anything to his son/daughter in law". She did finally say oh, I'm glad to told me that he didn't call you, that makes me feel better. Umm, an apology to him would be nice, because I got the feeling she and maybe the son/daughter in law had given him a hard time for her to use the word animosity. Geez, he is dying, people are mean.

Sounds like you lucked out. Your brother sounds like a real piece of work.

Wow, some of these are heartbreaking especially you, ((( Izzybelle)))

I think I am menopausal, not sure but everything lately..ugh. Last week I went to TJ Maxx. I was in a great mood until the cashier asked me if I wanted to use my 55+ and up discount (I am 50). I know my family is planning another reunion I am not invited to this coming weekend. I'm ok with not going I just hate how they are secretive about it and probably will send me pictures of them all together (like they did for the last one 3 years ago).
My kids have been on a sports team for three years. I know everyone thinks their kids are perfect but I know mine are very sweet kids. They are humble and quiet and kind to everyone. They, along with their friend, were not invited to sports camp with the other group of girls. They have been keeping it a secret from us and our kids. I thought I was friends with one of the moms but she's the one who made sure we were kept out of the loop. Our kids are the same ages and have the same goals, so I'm a bit hurt. Luckily my kids don't care. They have SO much more self confidence than me.
Wow you are getting it in all directions. I'm sorry, that would be really upsetting, in all cases. :(

Last week I let a 5 year old making fun of me bring me to tears...not my best moments. In my defense, my medications make me dizzy and drowsy and I was worn out from a lovely vacation. Having bad balance and then being on meds that make the problem worse is a big insecurity for me. She also has to learn that you can't make fun of disabled people; this was not the first time its come up. I may know where she thinks it's ok to be ablist; but we made it a teaching moment. It was still a sucky parenting situation. I was pretty disappointed that she didn't remember that we don't bully those that are different.

:grouphug: hugs to all. no hurts too big or small. Pain is pain. I've been struggling so incredibly bad with life lately I don't know where to turn. Some days its just too much

:grouphug: hugs to all. no hurts too big or small. Pain is pain. I've been struggling so incredibly bad with life lately I don't know where to turn. Some days its just too much
Hugs right back to you Lori74!
I can tell you are a caring person....you're struggling right now, and yet you come here to offer comfort to others.
That takes a special person! I hope your life situation turns around soon:daisy:

When people state their opinion about something that they weren't even there for, nor have any clue what really happened.....

When people state their opinion about something that they weren't even there for, nor have any clue what really happened.....
Discussion boards would be non existent if nobody stated their opinions unless they were there.

Not one of us was present at anyone's situation on this thread, but we can all offer comfort and our opinions.

Um - this has nothing to do with this DIS board what I wrote???????????????????
My sincerest apologies. I thought you were referring to my opinion a few posts back.

You corrected my opinion and told me "I was not present" after I comforted the OP that was screamed in the face by an out of control police officer.

Last edited:
I am so sorry this is happening to you. My biggest fear has always been a spouse coming between me and my kids. ODS's ex-wife tried and tried hard until I finally had a conversation with my son. I just let loose and told him how hurt we were that he was cutting us out. I think it stunned him that I was that emotional about it. Maybe she was convincing him we didn't care, I don't know but things flipped and he told her she could stay away from us if she wanted but he was going to have a relationship with his family. The marriage didn't last anyway and now he is married to an absolutely wonderful girl. She isn't just an "in law", she is truly our daughter.

Honestly, in your shoes, I would have a sit down maybe with both of them or maybe just him. And squash this. Its not good for your husband's health/recovery to feel cut out of his son's life and its not good for your grandson to see the divide.

The issues with my DIL have been ongoing, like TWENTY YEARS!!! Honestly some of the hurtful and spiteful things she has done over the years make me just shake my head. I tried to give her some leeway because she had a tough childhood but she is 35 years old and needs to take ownership of her behavior. I try and put on a good front for my son and grandsons but it is hard.

I have talked with my son and he listens but doesn't really get it. I offered to just bring his dad over and then come back and get him since my DH can no longer drive but even that didn't go over well. My son puts up with it because he knows she would keep their son from him as she told him that from the beginning of their relationship. My baseball playing grandson is from a different relationship so it doesn't really effect him. I am just really hurt over the way my husband is being treated because she is angry at me. My son should realize how lucky we are that his father is still with us and OK for the most part after 2 strokes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter