When / What got you hooked on Disney?

magicband

Earning My Ears
I know a lot of non-Disney fans always wonder, why do you like WDW so dang much??? So I got to thinking about when I first realized I was hooked and what did it.

First of all, I'm the world's most nostalgic person. My parents first brought us to WDW when I was 8, but it wasn't until our second trip a few years later in 1999 that I would truly become addicted. That year it was the millennium celebration, and something about that just really stuck with me. The excitement about the future, the mickey wand over spaceship earth, the tapestry of nations parade in combination with illuminations. Gosh, I played the Millennium Celebration CD that I brought back to death. That trip and that celebration really imprinted on me. Looking back, it's not the rides or the attractions that really keep me coming back, it's just the general atmosphere. The ambient sounds and the details that really bring me into a different world. A place where time doesn't matter as much. Don't get me wrong, I love ToT and SM and all the things to see and do, but it's just a feeling I get when I arrive that is truly the best part of my trip. I'd be just as happy strolling through one of the parks and doing nothing.

I'm curious what specific memories, trips, or events hooked everyone! I'm also trying to distract myself from thinking about how long I have until my next trip, so please help distract me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter