• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When will 2005 dates be posted?

goofygal1975

DIS Veteran
Hello all. I have been away from these boards for quite awhile now. I was very upset about having to cancel my cruise for 2004. (Which I haven't done yet:eek: )because of $$/house problems. I was told at one time by my TA that if I had to change dates, she would work w/me and there would be no cancellation fees. (I hope this is still true!) Now my travel insurance may be another problem all together!

Anyways....My questions is, when will the 2005 dates be posted? I'd like to call my TA and have her switch our cruise from May 2004 to May 2005 as soon as those dates are posted, so I don't go crazy worrying about all this!!

I have found out so much wonderful information already from here, and can't wait to get back here to prepare for my 2005 cruse!! Thanks for your help!!:D

Hmmm...well, it looks like maybe these won't be out until August or maybe even December. (That's what i read in a few other posts on different subjects). So I guess I just have to be patient and wait it out. Any suggestions on if I should give my TA a heads up about this now, or wait until the dates are available? Thanks again.

Goofygal1975: As long as you don't get to within 60 days of your sailing, there's no cancellation fees/penalties, so you've still got plenty of time. Couldn't hurt to call your TA and ask her to call you when she hears about the 2005 dates. Many of us have heard late summer/early fall. Your best bet is to keep checking this board: with so many devoted DCL cruisers, surely these boards will have the info posted as soon as it's available!!

Originally posted by goofygal1975
Hello all. I have been away from these boards for quite awhile now. I was very upset about having to cancel my cruise for 2004. (Which I haven't done yet:eek: )because of $$/house problems. I was told at one time by my TA that if I had to change dates, she would work w/me and there would be no cancellation fees. (I hope this is still true!) Now my travel insurance may be another problem all together!

Anyways....My questions is, when will the 2005 dates be posted? I'd like to call my TA and have her switch our cruise from May 2004 to May 2005 as soon as those dates are posted, so I don't go crazy worrying about all this!!

I have found out so much wonderful information already from here, and can't wait to get back here to prepare for my 2005 cruse!! Thanks for your help!!:D

GoofyGal1975:

I wouldn't cancel your 2004 reservations just yet. As other poster pointed out as long as you are not within than 60 days you won't incur a cancellation fee.

Give your TA a call and tell him/her you want to switch 2004 reservations to 2005 reservations as soon as they are out. Your TA should fax a letter to with your request to Disney Cruise Lines, ATTENTION: Inventory Control Department, Fax No.: 407-566-7739. You will need to refer to your reservations number(s) and your current sailing date. If you want to request a certain stateroom(s) this is the time to do it as you will get put on a waiting list. You need to specify whether you want 7-day Eastern or Western, and the date(s) you are willing to cruise. Be willing to give several dates as your request will be taken first-come, first-served.

Booking dates usually open up 18-24 months prior. I'd start calling Disney and ask when dates are going to open up. If you read these boards frequently (as most of us DIS Addicts do!!) you'll probably find out when booking dates will be released. If you really want a certain stateroom faxing your request and staying on top of it is probably the best way to get your request granted. HTH

Thank you guys!! I knew I'd get some good answers here. I haven't been on the site for awhile, too upset about having to postpone the trip! I have, though, recommended this site as the #1 place to find ALL the answers to any Disney Cruise questions!!!!!

I did email my TA, to let her know of the changes, and requesting our same stateroom. I'll be so happy when it is changed, and final!! Then we can start saving the $$ again, and I can start my DisBoard addiction again!! Hahah!

Thanks again for the advice!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter