When will 2019 reservations become available?

Crazyhorse

DIS Veteran
I've read it's as much as 499 days away. I tried to look at March 2019 in MDE but it won't go past December 2018. I ended up calling and was able to make a reservation for March 2019 , room only. It wouldn't show up in MDE until I linked it. However, it won't let me modify anything, it sez I must call to make any changes. I ended up "chatting" with someone who said if it sez call to modify, likely it will always say call to modify. That sucks...only because at some point later this year, one would hope there might be discounts and we know it's pretty easy to play around in MDE, v.s. having to wait on hold FOREVER. Any thoughts as to when 2019 dates may be available to book via MDE? Worst case, I'd try to book on line, and cancel the one I made verbally...simply to be able to modify/search online as the year continues. Any other ideas?

You can only book room only 499 days out but you have to call. The 2019 packages won't be available until June 2018.

I understand about the 499 and March of 2019 is certainly in that range. What about room only v.s. packages? Seems odd that anyone wanting to lock in Spring Break would have to call, and then the reservation would be subject to only verbal changes v.s. MDE application. Anyone know if at some point verbal reservations get converted to MDE? Maybe at the point noted...June 2018?

I understand about the 499 and March of 2019 is certainly in that range. What about room only v.s. packages? Seems odd that anyone wanting to lock in Spring Break would have to call, and then the reservation would be subject to only verbal changes v.s. MDE application. Anyone know if at some point verbal reservations get converted to MDE? Maybe at the point noted...June 2018?

No, it's not odd.

Disney do not release 2019 rack rates until June or July. They cannot quote ANYTHING for pricing right now. The deposit you paid on that room-only will be the highest possible rate for 2018.

They may be editable later. But, in all seriousness, unless you want a room type in very limited supply, there is no need to "lock down" a spring break 2019 reservation any time before next June or July. And if the room is in limited supply, your concern about discounts is irrelevant. Having a reservation actually reduces chances of that unit being discounted later.

Yeah, once you could have booked on MDE you can make a change to your reservation on MDE. Until then, you'll have to call and it's only a placeholder. Nothing firm, rates subject to change. You really haven't locked in anything, outside of a room. And seeing how it's rather hard to book, it's really nothing to worry about, most aren't bothering to book that far out, they won't sell out *unless you are booking a 1 of a kind room, like the Roy suite or something.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!