When will AP return?

Nice! Does this mean I might be able to buy APs for my kiddos (I had just recently renewed my AP rather than cancel it)? Or did this seem like a one-time exception?
I really think me already having a reservation booked for December is what helped me the most.

So my email to the VIP AP team got a response 6 days after being sent. The response said, "we aren't able to access AP information" and "you'll have to call." Sigh.

So my email to the VIP AP team got a response 6 days after being sent. The response said, "we aren't able to access AP information" and "you'll have to call." Sigh.
I've called 3x ... and still waiting for a call back. Based on @nickg420, I will wait until Friday before I get antsy. We have a trip booked for November at the Swan, but it's looking more and more like we'll have to cancel.

What phone number/email are y'all using for information on annual passes? I have emailed DVC 3 times in the last two months with questions about annual passes, all three times they sent me the same know nothing reply. Saying they do not know when or if annual passes will be available again and do not know if upgrades will be available on previous purchased tickets if and when passes become available.

What phone number/email are y'all using for information on annual passes? I have emailed DVC 3 times in the last two months with questions about annual passes, all three times they sent me the same know nothing reply. Saying they do not know when or if annual passes will be available again and do not know if upgrades will be available on previous purchased tickets if and when passes become available.

Currently, In order to qualify to buy a new AP you would have had to cancel your pass within the closure period. I'm not sure of the exact dates, but if you call the VIPassholder line, they can determine if you qualify and arrange for a CM to call you back to purchase a new AP.

DVC has nothing to do with when WDPR will begin sales of APs moving forward.

Contact WDW AP division but honestly, most frontline CMs are not going to be able to give you information.

Right now, all we know is that they have begun allowing certain people to get APs again..those whose passes expired or canceled their passes.

I think that Is a good sign things are moving forward, FL resident Gold APs are back so I don’t foresee DVC not coming back too.

I repeat my question. I am just asking for the contact information for WDW AP division . I am looking to receive at least verification that if I purchase my tickets now, will I be able to upgrade to annual pass if available before I ever use my tickets. I am inclined to think annual passes will be available before my February trip but I need to purchase tickets 60 days prior to trip in order to make dining reservations. I have read several posts that people have been told by Disney employees that upgrades will be allowed.

Last edited:

I repeat my question. I am just asking for the contact information for WDW AP division . I am looking to receive at least verification that if I purchase my tickets now, will I be able to upgrade to annual pass if available before I ever use my tickets. I am inclined to think annual passes will be available before my February trip but I need to purchase tickets 60 days prior to trip in order to make dining reservations. I have read several posts that people have been told by Disney employees that upgrades will be allowed.

As I mentioned above, you have to call VIPpassholder number,

Different reports as to what people are being told but nothing that seems to contradict a policy change should APs be for sale again when someone wants to upgrade.

Disney have started selling UK tickets for use between September 2021 and 31st December 2021, something which up until now weren't available. This is pure speculation, but if they are starting to gear up ticket sales internationally, maybe APs won't be that far away.

I googled it and it is (407) WDW-PASS or (407) 939-7277.

I have now been on hold with VIPass line for 1 hour and 26 minutes. Imagggggginaaaationnnnnn! Suspecting I will get a "we'll call you back" but hoping for actual help given the time waiting for an email response already.

After 1 hour and 32 minutes on hold I was told 1) the VIPass holder line cannot do anything with DVC passes and 2) that I don't qualify for a renewal (I pretty much already knew that but was hoping for some magic) and 3) to keep in touch with DVC regarding when AP sales would resume. So now I have to figure out what to do with regard to our planned 12 day trip with only 5 days of tickets for some of us and others with renewed AP. Gross.
Edited to add: Just got off chat with DVC who said AP sales are not in their control that only WDWResorts can make that decision. Points still aren't going into holding for within 30 day cancellations. They are sorry my family isn't in step with regard to APs but to keep checking and they will publish the information as soon as they have it.

Last edited:
Ughhh no real updates from anybody it doesn't appear. I've been waiting for a call back for 6 days and still haven't received one... Guess their call back list must be really long at this point. Have a Dec 18th checkin so I've got a little bit of time left. As this deadline continues to shrink ill have to monitor the holding DVC point rules as they may change here at some point.

Ughhh no real updates from anybody it doesn't appear. I've been waiting for a call back for 6 days and still haven't received one... Guess their call back list must be really long at this point. Have a Dec 18th checkin so I've got a little bit of time left. As this deadline continues to shrink ill have to monitor the holding DVC point rules as they may change here at some point.

Honestly, I have a feeling they will continue to waive holding for as long as we have states with quarantine orders in place,

But, I do know when you go to cancel a room, before you hit submit, it does tell you there if holding will happen. Right now, it says something to the effect that no penalties. So, that is another place to know for sure if you go to cancel.

I'm on 8 days waiting for the call back ... I guess I will give it until tomorrow and then call again?

This is hopeful, but I guess it doesn't tell those of us who followed the guidance back in August to cancel and get a refund whether we can get our passes ... or if they'll sell us one as a "renewal" which I really don't want to do yet since we may want an AP to cover the calendar year 2021.

Awesome! And I think this can put to rest speculation that the DVC pricing might not return,

Glad for you!

I had faith that the discount would still be there - I'm glad to see that's the case! Now my fear is when they start selling AP's again to everyone, there will be a price increase.

This will be my very first AP and I've been waiting to bridge my ticket since my trip was cancelled in March...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!