When will Disney open

I am saying 1 Jun 2020.

I think it will be a rolling startup, both resort wise and park wise.

For resorts. If resorts are paired like Yacht and Beach Club. Only one will initially open (whichever one has the DVC). Also with the potential if it is a multiple building resort not all buildings would open.

I think Ft Wilderness will fully open on day one. Same for Disney Springs.

For Parks they will open in this order.
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disney Hollywood Studios
3. Animal Kingdom
4. EPCOT Center

I am saying 1 Jun 2020.

I think it will be a rolling startup, both resort wise and park wise.

For resorts. If resorts are paired like Yacht and Beach Club. Only one will initially open (whichever one has the DVC). Also with the potential if it is a multiple building resort not all buildings would open.

I think Ft Wilderness will fully open on day one. Same for Disney Springs.

For Parks they will open in this order.
1. Magic Kingdom
2. Disney Hollywood Studios
3. Animal Kingdom
4. EPCOT Center

I think that sounds like a logical, rolling opening. The thing I wonder though, is how many people would go for full price to only visit 1 park at a time? Or course, that means locals would get to visit first and be the ones to "test the waters" so to speak. I suppose that is ok too. But locals are not staying in resorts...

I am a local (Tampa), we very rarely go to WDW without staying overnight, because who wants to drive the nightmare that is I-4, back and forth, 1.5 hours each way in one day? Not me!! We have FW reservations for 5/14-5/17, I was supposed to be volunteering for the Special Olympics, but that has been canceled. Disney has not YET cancelled my FW reservation or my FPs.

I don't have any guesses as to when they will reopen, I will just keep the reservations I have and wait to see what Disney says.

My main concern right now is when they are going to allow us to choose how we want our annual passes handled.

We have FW reservations for 5/14-5/17, I was supposed to be volunteering for the Special Olympics, but that has been canceled. Disney has not YET cancelled my FW reservation or my FPs.

I don't have any guesses as to when they will reopen, I will just keep the reservations I have and wait to see what Disney says.

mom,

In Alabama our state parks are still open for camping. So that makes me think that whenever WDW does reopen (in phases, with restrictions, who knows) the Fort will likely open at the same time the first on-property hotels do.

But it will be interesting to see how/when things reopen at the theme park properties.

Bama Ed

Parks open May 25 ......on site hotels open June 1. Disney Springs opens June 5.
I think Disney Springs will open on day one. Individual stores may not open but some will. It is easier to distance your self in a shopping environment instead of theme parks.

If the parks do not all open at the same time, I would think that they would try to open at least 2 to spread people around a bit.

Two parks open would be logical and the prices are similar to California, so locals may still come -especially those with passes. I am too far away to drive that far for one park and I am sure I am not the only one. I think it would be a trickle effect by opening 1 park at a time to keep things "sanitary" for longer. I actually think DS will open before any resorts, as long as other shopping areas are open too. So, Mid-may for that one.

I am a local (Tampa), we very rarely go to WDW without staying overnight, because who wants to drive the nightmare that is I-4, back and forth, 1.5 hours each way in one day? Not me!! We have FW reservations for 5/14-5/17, I was supposed to be volunteering for the Special Olympics, but that has been canceled. Disney has not YET cancelled my FW reservation or my FPs.

My main concern right now is when they are going to allow us to choose how we want our annual passes handled.
I'm local as well and I go just for Fort Wilderness.

The Disney Parks calendar has the parks calendar for April blank as appropriate. The month of May actually has the dates and times the parks will open at. Hmmm.

The Disney Parks calendar has the parks calendar for April blank as appropriate. The month of May actually has the dates and times the parks will open at. Hmmm.
They are being hopeful. Basically following state orders. Given the cancellations on staff and time it'll take to get them back up to speed on staffing and training I'm now certainly thinking first of June but later is looking for reasonable.

Our May Fort reservations, Fast Passes & Dining Reservations all cancelled by Disney. Rescheduled for September. Plenty of sites available during Hurricane Week-LOL!

Our May 6-10 cancelled, moved to June 11-15, fingers crossed. Silver AP in blackout starting June 1, but we'll find plenty to do without the parks even if they reopen.

My May FW reservations and my fast passes are still out there. I spoke with someone at the passholder help desk yesterday and he said "oh, I see you have campsite only reservations for May, hold on to them."

I don't want to read anything into that, but I'll just leave them out there until Disney feels like canceling them and refunding my deposit. We have other dates we are supposed to go this year, so if May doesn't happen, no big whoop.

....We have other dates we are supposed to go this year, so if May doesn't happen, no big whoop.

This got me thinking. I, too, have multiple dates (4) for FW scheduled this year - January (wonderful visit), April (tomorrow actually, but CNX Covid19), Sep/Oct, and December. My question is how many Dis'ers have multiple visits to FW scheduled during the year. Just curious...

My May FW reservations and my fast passes are still out there. I spoke with someone at the passholder help desk yesterday and he said "oh, I see you have campsite only reservations for May, hold on to them."

I don't want to read anything into that, but I'll just leave them out there until Disney feels like canceling them and refunding my deposit. We have other dates we are supposed to go this year, so if May doesn't happen, no big whoop.

what are your May dates?

See my sig. I'm supposed to be there right now. I rescheduled that to the end of June, although that seems questionable. Back in October for 17 days.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter