When will Disney open

I literally just reading in The NEWS and UPDATES box a story The RECOMMENDATIONS of Orange County to the Economic Recovery Task Force. Well worth a minute or 2 to check out

Interesting update from the Orange County Economic Recovery Task Force meeting today 4/28/20 on proposals for opening that would include theme parks like WDW.

Interesting read, my question is with the mandates about all the hand sanitizer, they tell me how hard it is to find, how is Disney going to get enough sanitizer and automatic stations?

I understand the plan is to use Florida residents as the guinea pigs. If the price was VERY reasonable, and I do mean like regular campground reasonable I would run over and stay at the Fort for several days. If none of the restaurants or activities are open I'd have to really think hard on it as I can stay in my garage for free.

Waiting and watching. Still holding my June 4th trip. I'm sticking to my initial plan, I know it will be greatly limited but I'm willing to do that, but Disney can't possibly expect me to still pay full price to face these limits. I'll wait to see what their plan is.

It is promising.

It will be in true Disney fashion. Double the price since only 1/2 of the crowd is there. Call it a "have the park all to yourself" package. Add on something like $70/ person. Similar to the dessert or holiday parties. I am not going to lie but we have taken apart in the dessert and fireworks parties just because. We did the Happy Ever After fireworks one the last time we were there. There will be an Covid 19 check up resort fee for all the hand sanitizer. Temp check while waiting for the boat to MK. Another temp check while waiting to get into the park. Make it a package deal. LOL

I hope you can keep your current plans and wish you luck.

Interesting read, my question is with the mandates about all the hand sanitizer, they tell me how hard it is to find, how is Disney going to get enough sanitizer and automatic stations?
Sanitizer among many others provided to commercial entities comes through a different supply chain than what shows up on supermarket shelves.

There is different packaging requirements (larger etc) than what goes to grocery stores.

An example is the milk that dairy farmers have been dumping even though milk was in scarce supply in grocery stores. That milk was destined to go to places like schools etc. They can't all of sudden start sending to grocery stores when the "bottlers" have ran out of gallon jugs.

So once Disney spins up they can use the the "industrial sized" packaging to get sanitizer, even though retail bottles are in short supply.

Governor DeSantis to speak at 5:00pm today. Maybe this will get us started in finding out more about how this may start to roll out.

Then again, he may only say "Hello".

Listening to Desantis now. So far it has been 15 minutes of him saying how all the predictions were wrong and he was right.

I'll let you know if he ever gets to something about WDW.

j

The live feed dropped at 5 (6pm FL time). No mention of theme parks. Just description of Phase 1 measures. Restaurants allowed to open with 25% of seats. Most businesses open except gyms, theaters.

j

Listening to Desantis now. So far it has been 15 minutes of him saying how all the predictions were wrong and he was right.

I can't even stand to hear his name, let alone actually listen to him speak. I turned on HGTV so I didn't have to listen to it. I figured I hear the summary on facebook, but DIS will do. 8-)

It will shock me if WDW reopens before June. My original prediction was October, and still think our state is not ready to be back open. But since the rest of the state is opening, I suspect WDW will too, just a tad later.

Of course this is only IMHO. Nobody really has any clue, probably not even Disney at this point.

Last edited:
ARE NOT campground sites at FW technically "self distancing?" We have reservations for our 47th in June and if FW is open, we will be there since we stay at site most of the time.

ARE NOT campground sites at FW technically "self distancing?" We have reservations for our 47th in June and if FW is open, we will be there since we stay at site most of the time.
I'm betting it will be open, and I'm thinking that FL residents will be the guinea pigs. In theory, the Fort could really be the first to open because as you say, it's set up for social distancing by default. What could throw a monkey wrench into that would be if Disney wanted to do an across the board opening of some resorts and bunched them together in an internal "package".

...and bunched them together in an internal "package".
Sorry, not quite grasping that concept. Not denying it would happen or saying it's wrong, I just don't understand what you mean about bunching together some resorts and FW as a package. Thanks.

Sorry, not quite grasping that concept. Not denying it would happen or saying it's wrong, I just don't understand what you mean about bunching together some resorts and FW as a package. Thanks.
Yeah, I was worried I didn't get it from my head to writing. I was thinking "social distancing" for resorts. Not to keep them separated, but to open a segment of the system. Opening the resorts would have to be in pieces, if for nothing else to ramp up staff. Say in the first round open the Poly, Fort Wilderness, a POP and Riverside. That's what I meant by a package. Keep moving through the system until everything is back up. Would phased approach be a better phrase? Sometimes I think faster than I type, LOL!

Theme parks can open during phase 2 with reduce capacity etc, along with the social distancing type stuff.

Disney Springs can open on Monday since it is just a shopping center. Outside of Miami area of Florida, there are overall rules for retail and restaurants, however counties can have stricter requirements. For example Duval (Jacksonville) will have stricter requirements for restaurants than the state has.

Yeah, I was worried I didn't get it from my head to writing. I was thinking "social distancing" for resorts. Not to keep them separated, but to open a segment of the system. Opening the resorts would have to be in pieces, if for nothing else to ramp up staff. Say in the first round open the Poly, Fort Wilderness, a POP and Riverside. That's what I meant by a package. Keep moving through the system until everything is back up. Would phased approach be a better phrase? Sometimes I think faster than I type, LOL!
Thanks, I understand now. Just a grouping of resorts to control how much expense, training and logistics are involved, yes?

Probably an unpopular opinion but .......

Is there really a difference if you let 50,000 people in verses 100,000? Does anyone really believe that’s going to do anything? It’s been shown COVID will spread through groups of 10 people like wildfire if just one person is infected- why would anyone think it won’t do the exact same at Disney- no matter how many people are ( or are not) allowed in?

Is there really a difference if you let 50,000 people in verses 100,000? It’s been shown COVID will spread through groups of 10 people like wildfire if just one person is infected.
I think the key is the "distancing". Ten people at a family celebration are in close contact, hugging, kissing and shaking hands. Limiting a park to 50% of capacity (70,000 for MK) gives the ability (illusion) of allowing appropriate spacing.

I don't know how that will really go, but at least it is a plan that could work.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter