When will Disney open

daverene

Earning My Ears
So I thought it would be fun to guess the day that Disney opens let’s see who guesses right
I say June 1

I would love May 25

My bet is no earlier than around June 1. +/- a few days or so.

Smaller groups in society may be allowed sooner sometime in May (at the earliest) but the MASS people events (concerts, sports events, theme parks) I'd be surprised if it was before Memorial Day.

IMO. Worth what you paid for it.

Bama Ed

I'd love to keep my May 6-10 reservation at the Fort even if the parks weren't open but it's not looking good. Guessing Labor Day weekend.

Last edited:

A couple of states here in Australia have said our social distancing rules will be in place until the end of June. I know different country, different progress through the infection pathway, but I’d be surprised if US Disney Parks are open again in the next couple of months. The reopening we’ve seen in China has been baby steps and is still a long way from opening venues for many thousands of people to come together.

August 1st. (Florida may be ready a bit sooner but Disney really can't re-open until most/all of the United States are recovered... or at least seem to be.)

I’m going to really not be anyone’s favorite and say not in 2020. On one hand it seems impossible. But then I imagine what could happen if thousands of people from all over the world start gathering together again before we have a vaccine, and it makes me wonder what is really going to happen....

Short answer: July 4th.

It's actually two issues, opening day for the resorts and opening day for the theme parks. I see a phased-in opening schedule vs a shotgun start.

I predict resorts open on a rolling schedule, say one resort every two weeks until the total general U.S. population can travel freely. Although staffing and operations will be challenging, it's nothing that Disney can't handle. Rather, the critical factor will be what their customer based can provide in terms of patronage.

Theme parks might be available for a memorable opening by July 4th, starting with MK. A patriotic goal for a truly American institution. Two, maybe three, resorts will open by that date to feed the beast. FW will open by then, maybe even the first to open since it's an easier challenge to conquer.

On site deluxe and moderate hotels open 6/10/20
On site limited low attendance park opening 6/15/20
Values open 7/1/20
Partner Hotels open with park access 8/1/20
Partner Hotels loose access and re-close 10/20/20
Values re-close 11/15/20
Parks re-close 1/4/21
On site deluxe and moderate hotels re-close 1/7/21
On site deluxe and moderate hotels re-open 5/10/21
On site limited low attendance park re-opening 5/15/21
Values re-open 6/1/21
Partner Hotels with park access 6/10/21
Full open 7/1/21

There is a chance that there might not be a full second shut down it adequate antibody positive guests and CMs are available

Last edited:
On site deluxe and moderate hotels open 6/10/19
On site limited low attendance park opening 6/15/19
Values open 7/1/19
Partner Hotels open with park access 8/1/19
Partner Hotels loose access and re-close 10/20/19
Values re-close 11/15/19
Parks re-close 1/4/20
On site deluxe and moderate hotels re-close 1/7/20
On site deluxe and moderate hotels re-open 5/10/20
On site limited low attendance park re-opening 5/15/20
Values re-open 6/1/20
Partner Hotels with park access 6/10/19
Full open 7/1/20
Double check your years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!