When will Disney open

Its at least the capacity needed to make a profit and not worsen the loss.

So if all goes well 2 weeks to go to level 2 and then 2 more weeks to go to level 3. The pressure to open Disney universal must be immensely powerful. All those people sitting at home not good for the state they will get it open as soon as they can with out huge backlash have to get back open as soon as it’s reasonably safe to open

I just can't figure out HOW they will keep to the 50% level, I guess by opening to locals only for a few weeks and only allowing ticket sales through Disney and not the vendors?

No one has said phase 1 will be 2 weeks long. 14 days is the typical no symptoms period. Which means this 2 weeks plus a minimum of 2 weeks for phase 1. Unless there is a significant spike and phase 2 is either rescinded or continued indefinitely

there is no magic random calendar date that will make this disappear

historically pandemics last years, not months

Where did you that date? There has been speculation it would be two weeks from when phase 1 started

From a park ranger at one of the state parks here in Florida, when we accidentally trespassed onto state park property during a sunrise walk on the beach.

I suppose he could have just meant they were opening for day use only. I should have made my question more specific. But, since many of our state parks have opened for day use, I assumed he meant for camping, but he definitely told me that was the date they were opening with phase 2. I was surprised it was so soon after phase 1.

I notice we still have many day use only parks still closed (mostly springs) so maybe camping will not be until a further phase? Not sure. Only thing I'm positive of is that particular park and others will be open on Monday the 11th for some activities. I'm sure the ranger knew what he was talking about.

Last edited:

Listening to Petes podcast today they were giving impression theme parks wouldn't open until phase 4.

Do you have the link to that podcast? I'd like to listen!
Phase 4 would make sense, as it is full capacity and they would be raring to go.

Of course, Disney can open up, but are the flights going to be open too?

Six Flags plans to open sometime this month, so Disney may let some other theme parks go first as far as how they can keep things clean. They said "clean more often" not after every person, so maybe Disney can see how that works. Honestly, disinfectant should last longer than the 1-2 minutes of some rides and therefore not need to be used each time.
BUT, I am also sure people don't mind waiting an extra 30 seconds for a CM to spray a ride down.

Six Flags does not have as many indoor queues of course but they have many more rides so, we will see.

Hey Ken! How you been? Figured you'd bite on anything that mentioned a lawyer.

I really hope they open around June 1 we have reservations for the 4th at the fort for 2 weeks.

Six flags has said you will need to reserve your park day in advance. So to limit people, it will probably be first come first served, and who knows where that will leave season ticket holders. Yes im like 30 minutes from a six flags. And have season tickets.

You all sound like the eternal chorus from the back seat on every road trip, "Are we there yet?"
Remember your answer?
"We'll be there WHEN WE GET THERE!"

So now the chorus is, "When will Disney open?"
My answer, "When they open! And not a minute sooner."

You can plan to buy toilet paper, but that ain't happening unless it's on the shelf at the store.
So don't plan to go to WDW until they open.

Remember, he who plans early plans twice.

We moved our res to start June 1 just to make sure the May times would not cancel the whole res. Our travel agent suggested moving the start to June 1.

You all sound like the eternal chorus from the back seat on every road trip, "Are we there yet?"
Remember your answer?
"We'll be there WHEN WE GET THERE!"

So now the chorus is, "When will Disney open?"
My answer, "When they open! And not a minute sooner."

You can plan to buy toilet paper, but that ain't happening unless it's on the shelf at the store.
So don't plan to go to WDW until they open.

Remember, he who plans early plans twice.
Actually I took military advice from my father and planned ahead. Researched it. Got input and ideas. Formulated a plan well in advance.

A bag full of candy, sitting on the dash.
Every time a child asked "How far" or "Are we there yet" myself and DW took piece of candy out and ate it. Neither of us said a word.

Nothing

When trip is over the kids get to split the bag of remaining candy.

Never heard another peep of either of those questions again.

:thumbsup2

OP's request was a game. Guess the date and see who is right. I just realized I hadn't done that in my prior posts.

I'm going with June 14th.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!