When will Disneyland reopen?

When will Disneyland reopen?

• Total voters
I originally voted July for optimism purposes, but I'm beginning to coalesce around September. Here is my reasoning:

1) Enhanced UI (that +$600 from the federal government for unemployment) expires ~July 25. For a lot of CMs the park, the combination of this + standard unemployment from California makes it more lucrative to stay at home for many (the equivalent of $26/hr give or take, i'm estimating). It would actually be a disservice for TWDC to recall employees to make less (and is a topic many businesses are struggling with).​
2) As that period ends, you can recall your employees in August to make preparations for reopening the park -- they would spend all of August applying signs/stickers/paint, augment rides and shopping, and most importantly.... training.​
3) Schools would be back in session at that point, another sticking point for bringing back CMs who have children/childcare issues.​
4) Demand would be lower as kids are back in school (as stated above by @cruisehopeful )​
So I guess that's that.... I'd say July for non-Disney vendors at DtD, August for DtD businesses o/o by TWDC, and September for parks.

Not 2021 because I want that dang UBS analyst that everyone and their mama quotes to be wrong :jester:
Sadly, school is going to look NOTHING like the traditional 8-3 Monday-Friday schedule we are all used to. Both in California and Colorado (where I am), and and around the country, most states seem to be considering a hybrid model for next year where schools would divide kids into groups and kids would attend in-person class between one and three days per week, depending on the proposal. Child care is going to be a nightmare for all working parent households, and kids are going to spend a LOT of time at home. Or Disneyland, if its open :)

Excellent line of reasoning here. I agree.

There's an interesting trend in the poll responses. We're thinking it'll happen sometime in the Summer (July, August, Sept) or not until 2021.

It's almost as if we're thinking that if it doesn't happen by the start of Fall, then it won't open for a long time.

My line of thought of on this would be that if they aren’t open by the start of Fall they won’t be reopening until 2021 because we will likely be right in the middle of a 2nd go with the virus and then the impacts of the flu that we may be facing another shutdown type scenario. Maybe not as extreme as we’ve (hopefully?) learned a few things between the start of this year and fall time but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some stuff scaled back in the fall/winter.

As much as I hope for July since we have a trip booked then, I’m highly skeptical that it will actually occur and thinking August/September is a better bet. Even if they do happen to open by July 1st I’m leaning more and more towards not going with each passing day as I think it will be too limited of an experience to have it be my kids (3 & 5) first time at DL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!