When will I be able to see my 2021 points?

nicmarlon

Earning My Ears
Hello, everyone! I thought I understood the banking and borrowing aspect of DVC, but I guess I didn't. Here's my situation...
+ My use year is DECEMBER.
+ I need to book a January 2021 vacation, which I'll do (or I thought I would) in February 2020, in about a month.
+ My 2019 points right now are zero, I've used them all.
+ I've got all my 2020 points but they won't be enough for this January 2021 trip, so I thought I could use my 2020 points+some of my 2021 points.

The question is, can I? I can't wrap my head around this. When I open my account, I see the 2019 circle empty of course and the 2020 full. I thought that as soon as we entered 2020, the 2019 points would disappear from the dashboard and the 2020 and 2021 points would show with both years ready to be used for a 2021 vacation. I hope someone can help me understand that... thank you!

Last edited:
Yes you can. The reservation you want to book falls in your 2020 UY which runs from December 2020 to November 2021. For it you can use 2019 banked points (which you do not have), 2020 current points, which you have in full and 2021 borrowed points, which you already have even if they're not shown in the dashboard.
There used to be a page that showed the points for future years, but with the new website graphics I'm not sure if it's still there, but it really should.

In Feb. 2020, you will be able to reserve Jan 2021 using Dec 2020 points and borrowing Dec 2021 points. The member website actiually shows points that will be available for four years. Sign on, go to "My Dashboard," under "Vacation Points," click on "Manage Vacation Points," and on next page, under "Contract Information," you will see four years listed and click on the year you would like to see the point total for.

When making a reservation online, after choosing your resort and time period and then confirming that is it is available, you will then go to a page where you choose contracts to apply to the reservation. Since you will not have enough "current" 2020 points to do the reservation, the borrow icon on that page will let you borrow points from 2021.

Last edited:
What you always see will be your current UY,...forget calendar year.

Easiest way I remember is first determine UY of trip. Then know you can call 11 months and pay for it with banked points from UY prior to travel, UY of travel, and borrow from UY after travel.

If you log in and go to your dashboard you will see Vacation Points in bold letters and underneath that you can click on manage vacation points. After you click on manage vacation points you will see December 2019 then December 2020 and December 2021. 2019 points will be what is displayed when you first look but if you click on December 2020 your 2020 points are shown and if you click on December 2021 you will be able to see your 2021 points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!