When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening?

When Will People Start Camping Out at WDW for SWGE Opening? This is means with Disney's permission.

• 5am 8/29

Votes: 24 9.8%
  • 3am 8/29

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Midnight 8/29

Votes: 66 26.9%
  • 9pm 8/28

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • 5pm 8/28

Votes: 18 7.3%
  • Morning 8/28

Votes: 29 11.8%
  • Sometime on 8/27

Votes: 62 25.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Webster's slightly disagrees. One of the definitions of get is to "understand."

And the example given is, "He got the joke."

Perhaps I should have started there.

LOL well if you want to play THAT game...

Webster's also defines "understand" as "to show a sympathetic or tolerant attitude toward something". In the CONTEXT of what was being discussed, that is the accurate application of the word "get" when it refers to "understanding"

It does NOT refer to intelligence in any definition.

Perhaps others are interpreting the phrase differently than I did.

Stage Trek, I see the point you are making.

Even still, for myself, I'd likely say I didn't appreciate XXX until I tried it.
I, too, see the point you're making. People use words differently and colloquially.

You would never use "get" in that way. But that doesn't mean its use is an insult or a put down. I use it that way all the time with no intention of insulting. There are a lot of things I don't understand. There are jokes I don't "get". I do not feel that suggests I'm not intelligent.

Sometimes (especially on a forum) we need to get a feeling of the entire post rather than specific word use. Some people do get insulting. I did not get the impression yulilin3 was insulting people who didn't "get" camping out.

I think more hardcore Disney people are going to be camping out rather than Star Wars nerds. I think you guys are overestimating us hardcore fans, who have camped out on weekends or for movies... The first weekends in both places will be nuts, but after that - it's gonna calm down cause people aren't trying to go for just one RIDE even though we are SW geeks.

I think more hardcore Disney people are going to be camping out rather than Star Wars nerds. I think you guys are overestimating us hardcore fans, who have camped out on weekends or for movies... The first weekends in both places will be nuts, but after that - it's gonna calm down cause people aren't trying to go for just one RIDE even though we are SW geeks.
This thread is focused on talking about camping out for opening day, so if allowed, there will be people doing so

I don't even understand how camping out ahead of time would even work at Hollywood Studios.

How would you get in the parking lot?

Wouldn't they make you remove your car once the park closes?

How miserable, hot, sticky, and humid is Orlando going to be August 29th? Thunderstorms?

How does this even work?

I don't even understand how camping out ahead of time would even work at Hollywood Studios.

How miserable, hot, sticky, and humid is Orlando going to be August 29th? Thunderstorms?

How does this even work?
The parking lot doesn't close, people camped out during star wars weekends all the time. And when I say camp out some had small tents but most just had chairs, sleeping bags and blankets

How does this even work?
No technically WDW parking lots never really close.

This thread is focused on talking about camping out for opening day, so if allowed, there will be people doing so

My apologies! Yes, definitely there will be camping. I say at WDW - 2 days before hand cause it's gonna be really, really hot and unbearable and IF Disney allows them to. If not, they definitely will be at the gates for park closing the night before if not the evening before "hanging" out.

I think there's a lot of people who are not aware that people camped out for various parts of the the SWW events on a regular basis. They were not around back then. it's not a foreign concept.

Do you guys have any idea what time they will let people into the parking lot on opening day? We are staying at Pop century the night before so we will be there early.

Do you guys have any idea what time they will let people into the parking lot on opening day? We are staying at Pop century the night before so we will be there early.
the parking lot does not close so technically you could get there at any time but we don't know if Disney will not allow people to arrive before a certain time or even camp out. We will probably get confirmation on this closer to opening day

I'm merging you with another thread discussing the same thing
Thank you.

My entire family loves Disney. We are hard core Disney fans and star wars fans, but surprisingly we have never been to Disney for an opening day event. So I am wondering what time they let you in. Some people are saying they will be camping out for a couple days so does that mean they let you stay inside the parking lot?

Thank you.

My entire family loves Disney. We are hard core Disney fans and star wars fans, but surprisingly we have never been to Disney for an opening day event. So I am wondering what time they let you in. Some people are saying they will be camping out for a couple days so does that mean they let you stay inside the parking lot?
read the post above yours :)

This is an interesting thread. I had no intention on even seeing star wars land until summer 2020, but after the opening date was announced for my birthday (aug 29th) my mother offered to come from out of town to watch the kids so the wife and I could go for a 4 day weekend trip. So now I am doing my due diligence and trying to decide if this is something I even want to attempt.

I keep reading the reports of sww camping. I never camped for autographs but I did show up around 5-6am for our sww days for 3 years in a row. My son and I were first to chewy on sww opening day 2 years in a row. My son and my mother met Yulilin and her daughter dressed as sabine the last year we went along with a few other disboard members. Pretty much everyone that camped were for autographs so I sorta feel like this is a bad example for how they could control the crowd with camping. That was limited to a couple hundred people that got the wristbands. I remember walking by all these people when I got there and pretty much strutted right up to the turnstiles. I have a feeling there will be more people camping for star wars land than for sww autographs. Saying that, the question I have is how early will one need to get in line to be able to get into star wars land on opening day at rope drop. If Yulilin says midnight, I assume she believes that is early enough to be safe. I am just not sure my wife is up for that.

I was also at disney last year when toy story land opened. We showed up for rope drop on opening day about an hour early and the park was already open. They did an early open for anyone that was there with no announcement, park hours were never changed to reflect when they opened. Wouldn't surprise me if they did the same to help with the bottleneck they will create with so many people camping and showing up early in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts