When will we go? Fall 202x?? A sisters trip PTR.

Fall is my favorite time to go! Universal also does daytime tours of the HHN houses with the lights on so you can see more of the details- not sure if that's something your sister would want to do! We haven't done it but it was on my list for this year.

Ok. So this might take the cake for “behind the scenes” tours... definitely interested. The more I think about the trip the more I think we might need 2-3 days at Universal. We’ve never stayed on site there, but it looks like you liked your stay there so I’ll have to check for any good deals.

Just got caught up! Having a vacation to plan makes all the difference, even if the details aren’t sorted out yet lol September is my favorite time to go. I’m a little worried about the 50th anniversary crowds, since a huge draw of September is low crowds. But the fall decorations and the Food and Wine festival will make it worth it!! I’ve never been to Universal but September 2021 will hopefully be my first time!! I’m a huge Harry Potter fan! Good luck planning!

I’m also a little worried about the 50th crowds and what restrictions will still be in place. If things are not at least mostly back to normal there is a good chance we will hold off a year, we really want the full experience since my youngest sister isn’t likely to be able to go again for a while.

Also wizard world is so much fun!! You’ll love it. In February 2019 we started and ended our day in Diagon Alley. It was an excellent choice.

No significant progress on planning... we are all kind of waiting to see when we are able to get vaccines (my one sister works in a hospital, so likely will get it sooner rather than later). And also waiting to see if holiday events will happen next year.

While I’m still cautiously optimistic for a Halloween centered trip Fall 2021... we also haven’t booked anything, which makes me sad. Steph has been texting me at least once a week about “Disney dreaming” and dream trips... “worst case” we might just push it to fall 2022, but I really hope that won’t be necessary.

Sorry for the boring and lack luster update... I just wanted to say hello, I’m still here.

Just checking in again. My sister the nursing student received her vaccine this month. My other sister and I are still waiting. We are hoping to all 3 get it and then begin planning more.

Basically at a standstill. I started browsing DVC rental sites and it’s actually not terrible to rent points and buy a confirmed reservation. So right now I’m saving money for that. It helps with budgeting because I can see 7 nights for $X at Beach Club. Or wherever. Beach Club and Bay Lake Tower are my top 2 choices for renting.

Other than that I have continued making a yummy place to eat list. And waiting to see what types of fall deals appear over the next few months.

I wish I had more news.

So it’s been.... a long time... since I’ve provided any type of update. Turns out, life gets busy sometimes. So a few things:

First and foremost (and saddest) this trip is pushed back indefinitely. Although we are hopeful that Fall 2022 will be a go, none of us can commit that far in advance.

There are a fee reasons for this that I can share.

1) One of my sisters is moving abroad. Her husband is from the UK and his father’s health hasn’t been great for the past few years, so they want to be close to him for whatever time he has left. This just means she doesn’t really have the funds to do the trip before they move.

2) Sister 2 just graduated and is starting her nursing career.... and likely needs to move out of our parents house sooner than later as they plan to downsize when they retire.

3) I just bought a house! We close at the end of the month and our finances will be tight until I get a new job (my contract ends in August).

Also with the recent announcement of the Boo Bash after hours instead of MNSSHP, it just seems better to wait... even if it’s sad.

I wish I had a better update... either way I’m keeping a list of ideas for the trip and when it finally happens it will be awesome!

Not sure if anyone is even mildly interested anymore… but another life update:

I welcomed my little wockling mid October, and this is as the other reason our fall trip couldn’t happen. I couldn’t travel 8-9 months pregnant… especially not to Disney for a trip that we would love to center around rides and drinking!!

Anyway, my one sister is moving to England this month… so I think this pre trip report is officially over. I’ll start a new one if and when we decide to plan again. For now I’m trying to stay sane while my 11 week old keeps me up all night.

Oh and trying to decide how old we want the baby to be before taking her to Disney! I want her to remember her first trip like I remember mine (I was 6). So there’s a chance the sisters trip happens before her first trip. Only time will tell!

Last edited:
Just found your pre-trip report again and I’m sad that you and your sisters weren’t about to go but oh my your baby is adorable!! Congrats! I’ll be eager to see a new pre-trip report started!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!