When would be the best time to travel if we are given times to choose from?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Well we went yesterday and applied and paid for our passports. Uggghhh, how much they cost. Anyway, since we don't know exactly when we will be traveling, I thought I would ask some opinions on when, so when we find out our possible choices I will be prepared.

I am "thinking" is will be possibly sometime in Feburary/March. Not sure. So any advice for February or March? And I will take any advice for April/May as well.

1. Cost, I'm assuming the colder months will be cheaper in regards to plane tickets, hotel rooms, ect. Like how I love to do Disney in Orlando in the off season. (First week of February this year was the best week we have ever selected) and we have been numerous times.

2. Weather?

3. Holiday dates to avoid?

I just want to be some what knowledgeable about different times if we are given choices on when to go. I don't want to look unprepared.

We went in mid april and the weather was absolutely gorgeous. It was mid 70's and clear with fluffy clouds everyday. The park wasn't to crowded either.

I am "thinking" is will be possibly sometime in Feburary/March. Not sure. So any advice for February or March? And I will take any advice for April/May as well.
add in Ireland as well for a school holiday in February. My last trip was February 2016, I timed it for the week AFTER Ireland and UK school holiday and the park was empty. Paris / France area had a school holiday the week I was there BUT this did not impact park crowd levels. The French usually go skiing for the February school holiday.

2. Weather?
Weather in February when I went was cold, when I arrived in the park each morning there was frost on the grass and benches and I have some amazing photos of the Castle in the crisp winter sun. I would say temperatures were are 0 to 3 degrees Centigrade

I wore 2 pairs of socks, leggings under jeans, multiple layers, a thick heavy waterproof winter coat, hat, and gloves

Last edited:

We went at the end of May, in the UK 'half term holiday' break - it was gorgeous weather and relatively quiet. Although there were quite a few English families there, other European countries did not have holidays at the time. We went Mon-Fri, which also helped.

Ok, so if we do February, I might try for early or late, but not in the middle of the month. Thanks! We will probably just freeze.:tilt:

Agree with all the above - I would also add to look out for Easter school holidays while you're at it (end of March/beginning of April). This year we also found St Patricks Day itself (17 March) to be very busy with Irish visitors, but the days around it weren't impacted. I've done two early Feb trips and found that to be a great time to visit - cheap and with low crowd levels.
You might also be interested in the seasonal focus of the parks - Jan-March there's a Star Wars focus with Season of the Force, then April-May is "Princess and Pirates" festival. All that this really impacts is a bit of streetmosphere and some meet n greets changes.
Weather wise it can be chilly, rainy or sunny in any of the months you're considering, but obviously you've got a better chance of nice weather in April or May.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!