When would you go?

Ashleybritton

Mouseketeer
We’re looking at Columbus Day weekend Oct. 12-18, or the End of thanksgiving week and the beginning of the week after. November 22-26.

November would be at the Contemporary garden wing and about 1K cheaper.

October would be the Polynesian and $1000 more expensive.

The money is definitely a factor, but I’m more concerned about the dates. When is it less crowded? When is the weather better? Do you prefer Halloween or Christmas decor?

I feel stuck.

Living here for 22 years and being a frequent flyer but by no means an expert at WDW, I can tell you this. First, crowds would be similar but COULD be a bit higher in Oct due to a federal holiday here. The schools locally are not closed for CD. T-giving weekend will be insanely crowded. After, it dies down until Christmas week.
October is still very warm and humid. So if you want hot, that's a no brainer. This past Oct has been extremely hot with tems in the lower 90's everyday. It usually doesn't start to break until the week of Halloween.
Nov weather can be a mix. There have been years I've had my AC on for T-giving and years I had the heat on. You didn't say where you were from but Nov is kind of like March up north. One day can be hot and the next cool. The humidity is usually much less at the end of Nov however.
I personally prefer the Christmas decor but love the Halloween party better than the Christmas one. :-) Hope this helps a little.

I prefer the Christmas decorations. DW and I made many early December vacation visits to WDW. We enjoyed the quieter period after Thanksgiving.

If this year is any indication, then the period around Columbus Day is getting busier.

The weather after Thanksgiving will certainly be cooler. This year October has been very warm.

If it were me, I'd save the money and go in November.

remember that going at the end of Thanksgiving week will result in high airfare. Just take a look at the flight prices for this year and you will see how expensive they can be. THe first week of Dec is very busy at Disney. Every year there is a national cheerleading competition and the superbowl for Pop Warner football. Both events are held at Disney plus it is Jersey week so expect high crowd levels. so you will want to secure your room ASAP.

Last week of April, first week of May, it isn't too hot yet and crowds are not bad . September as well after schools are all back in session.

Having been at many different times, I don't really think there is an 'off peak' season anymore, i'm sure there are variances in attendance etc... But its often not noticeable. I think the barometer is now 'busy, super busy, insane' so the baseline is now busy! lol

I would defo go and stay at the contemporary, its location is awesome and I don't think the Poly is worth $1000 more and we usually stay at both over a split stay! My last rate got the Poly cheaper than the contemporary! But that isn't usually the case when looking at the cheaper rooms etc..

I would do the 2nd week of November - before Thanksgiving
Nice weather, no snow at our home yet.
Days in the 60's would feel warm to us ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter