When would you say your looks peaked?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by meaty, Jun 17, 2017.

1. meaty

meaty Mouseketeer

I would say my looks peaked when I was 21.

2. Happyinwonerland

Happyinwonerland DIS Veteran

I always looked much younger than my age, so I feel like I've hit my peak in my 30's. Or maybe I'm just more confident now.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. ettinkerbell

ettinkerbell Earning My Ears

My looks are peaking right now @75 years young

5. Gumbo4x4

Gumbo4x4 Note to the ladies who forgot to

I'm still waiting

Pea-n-Me, BrianL, gemini2727 and 10 others like this.
  6. m3owbox

m3owbox Mouseketeer

I would say 21. Then it rapidly went downhill...

7. Daniela Rose

Daniela Rose Best. Day. Ever.

I'm hoping I didn't peak yet....although I was thinner prekids.

8. Magpie

Magpie DIS Veteran

I don't know...

I've changed a lot over the years, gaining confidence and improving self-esteem. I'm almost certainly not as cute at 45 as I was at 20 (no one ever is!), but I'm a whole lot happier with my appearance. I like myself much better now than I did when I was younger. Sometimes I look at photos from my high school days and think, "Why did I think I was ugly? I was cute as a button!"

So I don't think "peaked" is really a thing. There was no point at which I peaked, and then started sliding downhill. I didn't appreciate what I had when I was a kid. I definitely appreciate what I have now.

Given that I'm healthy and fit and my husband thinks I'm hot, I think it's all good. I imagine, as long as I stay active, that I'll enjoy becoming an old lady very much. I'll dye my hair in rainbows and wear outrageous outfits, and do whatever I please, and everyone will think I'll terribly cool, just because I'm old and wrinkly. :laughing:

9. ronandannette

ronandannette I gave myself this tag and I "Like" myself too!

I had a couple of great years in my early 30's.

NFLDERS likes this.
  10. aprilchem

aprilchem DIS Veteran

I was 100 lbs overweight from the time I was in high school to about a year ago, and I've lost about 60 of that so far. So I'm pretty happy with the way I look now.

kaspurr, superme80, Pea-n-Me and 8 others like this.
  11. NFLDERS

NFLDERS Canada

<Freedom 55! (Photo) Retirement does that to a person.

No seriously, around 55 the wrinkles of wisdom came with other down sides... sigh. :rolleyes1

12. ~AristoCat~

~AristoCat~ You must learn your scales and your arpeggios.

I'm 23 years old and most people think I look like I'm 16. It is funny because last year was my first year of teaching High School Choral Music and many times while walking the halls, especially in the beginning of the school year I was mistaken for a student by many of the teachers.

13. dotfurio

dotfurio DIS Veteran

I think my late 20's pre-kids. Even though I'm smaller now, it was nicer when things were firmer and there weren't any wrinkles.

ronandannette likes this.
  14. amberpi

amberpi DIS Veteran

I haven't had any kids and have small boobs, so things haven't really changed much. I get a lot of rest and workout a ton now, so I'm pretty happy with the way I look today and people often remark that I haven't aged. I wish I could gain maybe 10lbs, but I'm pretty happy with how I've looked since probably age 28. I started Botox young to keep from forming wrinkles - maybe at 25? - but when I was younger I didn't know what worked for me as well as I do now. I tried to wear push up bras, etc., that just never looked good. Now I go with my natural figure - and I'm happy I didn't actually get a boob job. I've got some years left in me.

ETA: About 4 years ago I was in a horrible marriage with someone very controlling who told me what to wear, etc. I looked horrible then. It was like the misery showed on me for a year and I never slept. So much happier and prettier now:)

Hook326, NFLDERS and Klayfish like this.
  15. Klayfish

Klayfish DIS Veteran

I'll let you know when I get there...

16. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

My early 20's, I would say.

I am almost 50 and I will be honest and say that I haven't taken care of myself or my looks in years. I was a caregiver for my mom for several years and the last couple was her full time hands on caregiver, so I didn't get out much as I didn't trust anyone to "watch" her. It really aged me. Then my teen dd became pregnant soon after my mom passed and that was a kooky time. So now, is my time again,lol.

I used to get my nails(ok they were fake nails cause I bite mine), done, pedicure, waxing,etc. I am still losing weight(and I need to), so that is good.

I just don't feel pretty anymore and haven't for a long time. I will look in the mirror and sometimes see a glimpse of how I used to look.

17. RedAngie

RedAngie 80's New Wave Girl

About age 22. It's been downhill ever since.

angela 4.jpg

kaspurr, ols386, m3owbox and 4 others like this.
  18. Tattylou

Tattylou DIS Veteran

My body definitely peaked when I was in my late 20s before I had kids and I did Bikram yoga 7 days/week. If you are not familiar, Bikram is a series of 26 postures done for 1.5 hr in a room heated to 105 degrees. Omg I looooved it. That was the most muscle definition I've ever had. As far as the rest of my looks - I don't really know...maybe that hasn't happened yet!!

19. hereyago

hereyago DIS Veteran

I bet you are still sassy.

RedAngie likes this.
  20. Mrs. Ciz

Mrs. Ciz DIS Veteran

My best body was in my late 20s when I was doing some not super serious body building. My best all around look was in my early 30s, both before and after I had my 1st child. After my 2nd child, my thyroid went crazy, and I packed on a lot of weight that I am still struggling with despite the thyroid medication. I am 51 now and the extra weight is messing up my knees and my looks. I have to get it under control! I'm doing well with the wrinkles though - hardly any!

21. Kitty 34

Kitty 34 Hums in her sleep

I was going to same the same thing!!! I figure as long as I'm breathing and moving my looks are better than the alternative!! ;)

Now, yes I do have to admit looking much better in a bikini at 23 than trying to even fit into one now!!! :teeth:

Gumbo4x4 and amberpi like this.