When would you say your looks peaked?

I would definitely say around 17-18. A bad divorce a few years later and multiple health issues have taken their toll.

In my twenties. But I totally got hit on today. Turns out the guy graduated a year before before me and was saying I have no gray hair and no wrinkles (I'm 44, and he had both) Good genes and staying out of the sun for the win!

I don't think they've peaked yet, and I really don't believe in looks "peaking". You're going to look different during different periods of life. Doesn't mean you are no longer "prime" or beautiful, you're just in a different place. We wouldn't say a lily is any less beautiful than a rose, so why do we compare ourselves to others, ourselves 10+ years ago, etc. Just because the lily doesn't look like the rose, doesn't mean that it is any less beautiful. Both are different; both are unique; both are beautiful.

AmIrite, girls? ;)

Just when I was getting done with teen acne, somebody decided to put a big old foot long scar down the middle of my chest. Never really was much of beach body. Still, I'd say mid to late 20's when I was done with college, had no kids yet, and was able to work out regularly. Even did a 25k run. Not well, but I did it.

hmmmm~ since my pleasant personality is my best feature, I don't pay much attention to the looks part :rolleyes1 I think I will go with 19 or so for what the world would say was most attractive, I, however~remember when my kids were pretty young and I was 33 or so, it hit me how much my parents actually , really loved me (even though I was the fourth kid and they were worn out, lol) because it was hitting me how really, there really weren't the perfect words to describe the intensity you feel for your own kids. I felt pretty damn beautiful at that moment, not gonna lie.

Egotistically? I DO remember stopping a driver in his tracks at age 25 though..I was just leaving a salon after getting a perm (it was the 80's :rolleyes1) and he circled the parking lot, stopped and said,"WOW~ awww, crap...wedding ring. " lol, it WAS the best perm result I can remember, as my hair was past mid back and it actually took. Ironically age 25 was also the downhill turning point as my co-workers surprised me with a cake for my BDay, and I mean REALLY surprised as it said HAPPY 30TH :rolleyes: Yeah, THAT was special, lol.

Just when I was getting done with teen acne, somebody decided to put a big old foot long scar down the middle of my chest. Never really was much of beach body. Still, I'd say mid to late 20's when I was done with college, had no kids yet, and was able to work out regularly. Even did a 25k run. Not well, but I did it.

I have my fair share of scars, including one that is just below my ribs from one side of my body all the way to the other side. Received that one 10 years ago when a liver tumor was removed along with 15% of my liver.

I actually love that scar because it means I'm alive, healthy and mostly happy. I call it "my continued life-line", :sunny: since it was discovered during my gallbladder surgery. We called it the stealth tumor: no symptoms, totally silent, and even with knowing exactly where it was on the liver, it didn't show up at all on the multitude of scans and MRIs.

I may be proud of the scar, but in no way mean that I'm ever going to put on a bikini!!!! :upsidedow:P

It's happened a couple of times, actually -- when I was 22/23, and then again at 32/33. Hopefully the cycle keeps up and I can say the same for 42/43 and every 10 years after that!

I have my fair share of scars, including one that is just below my ribs from one side of my body all the way to the other side. Received that one 10 years ago when a liver tumor was removed along with 15% of my liver.

I actually love that scar because it means I'm alive, healthy and mostly happy. I call it "my continued life-line", :sunny: since it was discovered during my gallbladder surgery. We called it the stealth tumor: no symptoms, totally silent, and even with knowing exactly where it was on the liver, it didn't show up at all on the multitude of scans and MRIs.

I may be proud of the scar, but in no way mean that I'm ever going to put on a bikini!!!! :upsidedow:P

I definitely understand that pride!

My mother has a long surgery scar from just under her breast bone, down. And a second surgery scar across her middle. Plus, a third across her side from back to front. She's had the first two since her early twenties and refused to give up wearing bikinis until she was in her late forties (and one pieces just became more practical for water exercises anyway).

She's had a few people comment, but never anything mean. Mostly, they're admiring. Her favourite beach comment was from a young black man who exclaimed loudly, "Lady, you've been through the wars!" Her reaction was, "Damn right, and I'm still here!"

I remember being very proud of her scars, too, when I was a young child.

Personally, I have none of any note yet, but I do believe they are medals of valor. :thumbsup2 And, I think, the way my mum raised me to view her own physical imperfections really helped when my daughter was born with a large haemangioma on her face, that deformed her mouth and eventually required several surgeries to correct (the first when she was six, the last when she was nineteen). I hope I've passed the same lessons on my kid (fingers crossed - she does seem quite comfortable in her own skin).

I've never cared about my looks that much... so I couldn't answer. I'm also 6 months pregnant, and feel "large", but I still think I'm fine. I've got more important things to worry about lol

My favorite type of beauty is when people are nice, personable, and comfortable with who they are. Good grooming and care to what they're wearing (ie clean, fit right, extra points for modern and/or colorful maybe) makes everyone look pretty good in my book. Young or old, it doesn't matter. I admire people who look spectacular, but I'm not much into things that are grossly artificial myself. I was thankfully blessed with good genetics in the skin department, but what wrinkles and/or scars I do have I'm pretty proud of as I've worked hard over the years to earn them. I had a couple of spots on my back frozen off the other day and the the doctor called them "wisdom spots". I liked that. :laughing:

Probably 28 when I met my husband. He brought out a light in me that added to my looks. I had never been more alive until that point.

I was also beautiful at 30 during my first pregnancy and at 36 during my seventh pregnancy. I just glowed while pregnant. I had five losses in between my first and last pregnancies. By the time I was pregnant with the twins, I was so filled with joy that it oozed out of me, out my fingertips and the ends of my hair.

I'm still happy with how I look. I'm aging, but every bump and scar has a story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter