When you don't know anyone who wants to go to the parks

I definitely feel your pain. I've had to take many solo trips (including this coming weekend) because my friends are lame and don't like to go that often (or at all). :sad2: Anyway, I just do what what I have to and go when I feel like it. PEople are welcome to join me or not.

Curious - has the poster decided to book, go solo or found a Did Friend?
Hi, I am dragging my daughter to my Nov. trip and my son to my June trip. I've booked AKL for Nov. which cost a lot more than I am comfortable with but I think my daughter will like the trip better if we stay there a few nights. I was thinking more about future years as far as not having a companion which got me trying to think proactively. My daughter is much more into hanging out with her friends now and says going to the parks isn't as special as it used to be - I could throw money at it to make it more special but I am the type of person that likes to go more often and get cheaper accomodations and bring food in, but my kids don't want to go much and my husband not at all. Subbing in other destinations will probably work with my husband and my son though my daughter doesn't seem to want to vacation anywhere her friends aren't. Anyway, I guess I'll have to adjust my attitude about going to the parks a few times a year to just once a year starting next year. I have not made a friend around here that wants to go - it seems people I know didn't grow up with Disney as part of their life.

Hi, I am dragging my daughter to my Nov. trip and my son to my June trip. I've booked AKL for Nov. which cost a lot more than I am comfortable with but I think my daughter will like the trip better if we stay there a few nights. I was thinking more about future years as far as not having a companion which got me trying to think proactively. My daughter is much more into hanging out with her friends now and says going to the parks isn't as special as it used to be - I could throw money at it to make it more special but I am the type of person that likes to go more often and get cheaper accomodations and bring food in, but my kids don't want to go much and my husband not at all. Subbing in other destinations will probably work with my husband and my son though my daughter doesn't seem to want to vacation anywhere her friends aren't. Anyway, I guess I'll have to adjust my attitude about going to the parks a few times a year to just once a year starting next year. I have not made a friend around here that wants to go - it seems people I know didn't grow up with Disney as part of their life.

Thanks for the update, as I mentioned I, too am a Colorado Disney geek. My girls are grown - one will be 32 weeks pregnant at the time of my October trip and the other is a school teacher unable to travel at that time. This is my first solo trip - I have been fortunate enough to "meet" some fellow Dis-ers that I can connect with for dinner during my trip. Enjoy your time!

Thanks for the update, as I mentioned I, too am a Colorado Disney geek. My girls are grown - one will be 32 weeks pregnant at the time of my October trip and the other is a school teacher unable to travel at that time. This is my first solo trip - I have been fortunate enough to "meet" some fellow Dis-ers that I can connect with for dinner during my trip. Enjoy your time!
Thank you, you have a great trip!

I belong to a group Tagrel.com . The website is quiet, so check them out on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/Tagrelcom/ We have a meeting in Oct. 2018 and May 2019. We are a small group, but usually have 15-20 ppl show up for the meets. I usually go a week ahead, then meet up with them. We do rides together, as well as meals, touring Disney resorts.
Tho our politics may be different, we have an agreement not to talk about that subject, and are from many parts of the country, we all love Disney.
Check it out

I'm going solo to WDW Dec. 22 - Jan. 1. If anyone may like to meet up at some point, you're welcome to send me a message and we'll see if it might work out. Probably not doing the Disney parks this time, but will go to lots of WDW music shows, WDW hotel restaurants, offsite attractions, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter