When you first bought DVC...

She will be 83 and we will probably have to get her a scooter - she can walk fine for shorter distances but her knees are creaky.

Make sure she is comfortable using scooter before you absolutely plan to rent one. Maybe take her to a store that has scooters so she can try one. Remember there are no actual brakes, and they can't stop on a dime. If she is a small framed woman, it may be better to get a manual wheelchair and have a member of the party push her.

Make sure she is comfortable using scooter before you absolutely plan to rent one. Maybe take her to a store that has scooters so she can try one. Remember there are no actual brakes, and they can't stop on a dime. If she is a small framed woman, it may be better to get a manual wheelchair and have a member of the party push her.
Thanks - we are continuing to discuss. She says she doesn't want a scooter (I think it's about image, for her - she doesn't want to seem "frail" or unable to walk), but she walks slowly and doesn't do so well walking long distances (although she also walks for "fitness", so who knows)... We thought about a wheelchair, but I think it has the same "image" issues for her, plus we will likely also be pushing a stroller - and the only parties who can push a wheelchair are me and DH. We are staying at BLT, so I also am thinking that we use either wheelchair or scooter to get her into the park and through Main St. (and back) as a way of conserving her energy, and she can walk around MK from ride to ride.

We bought in 2016 a week after the 2016 restrictions were put in place, and if we had gone to ROFR a couple of days earlier we would have gotten in under the deadline. :(

ARGGGHHHH. At least you got a great price. We would like to add on, but I just. cant. right. now. (We can afford it, but I just.cannot.pay.those.prices knowing what we paid a 6-14 months ago)

:headache::guilty::sad2::sad::snail:
>:(

I was 53..DH was 58....Kids (2) were married ..grand kids were small 8..5..3..3&2....we all loved Disney..I will say the grandkids were raised there..!! We paid cash for 250 pts.. BWV...2000.... some years later added another 50pt..
DH has been retired 10yr...we go a few times a year ..

I was 29, turning 30 in a few months, husband was 34. Stage of life was married for 4 years and no children. We love our DVC and even though we still do not have children, we use our membership often.

I bought in January and am 37, single and no kids.
I purchase the Guaranteed Event Week for Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend (which I've run 7 out of the past 8 years). The offer guaranteed week in a studio during marathon week and the week is semi-flexible (doesn't have to be Sunday to Sunday).

Bought when I was 30, my husband 35. Had no kids at the time. Now we have a 15 month old and number 2 on the way! We were a Disney loving couple since we started dating in 2005. Wish we would have had the money to join sooner! We own at BLT, AKV, GFV, and BWV

How old was everyone when you first bought into DVC? Also, what life stage were you at? Like, did you have young kids, older kids etc.

I’m asking as a 28 year old with no kids, but I go to Disney often. Just wanting to get some perspectives from people of different life stages of when to buy in
I just did it at 40 years old and with 5 kids. If I could go back I would have done it 10 years prior. If you have the money to do it, I say go for it.

Thanks - we are continuing to discuss. She says she doesn't want a scooter (I think it's about image, for her - she doesn't want to seem "frail" or unable to walk), but she walks slowly and doesn't do so well walking long distances (although she also walks for "fitness", so who knows)... We thought about a wheelchair, but I think it has the same "image" issues for her, plus we will likely also be pushing a stroller - and the only parties who can push a wheelchair are me and DH. We are staying at BLT, so I also am thinking that we use either wheelchair or scooter to get her into the park and through Main St. (and back) as a way of conserving her energy, and she can walk around MK from ride to ride.

We had what we lovingly called the "travel chair" for my mother. It looked like this, was not obnoxious but we did have to convince her to use it. (It's really like a better made umbrella stroller you'd use for kids.) Very light weight. Once we got her little butt into it (she weighed about or less that 100 lbs), she admitted loving it. She'd sit there like Queen Elizabeth and wave to her people. LOL. Took convincing, but it saved us from walking at 2 feet per hour. Think about it. Great investment. My mom used it from her 80's til her death in her 90's.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Drive-Me...66001f5-f5699711-6ea7a4ace3a0b024&athena=true

Last edited:
We purchased in 2015. I was 32 and my wife was 25. We had an 18m old and planning to have another, which we did in late 2016. We financed and paid it off a year later. We have also added on and paid cash. We love Disney and plan at least one trip down each year. We love the space and can't see using a standard room with the four of us. We like the Poly studios for the ease of the monorail, the pull down bed for our now 4yo and the fact that it has 2 bathroom spaces. Also nice to put the infant into the shower area with a pack n play and close it all off.

I was in my late 30's, DH early 40's. Kids were 11 (twins). I can't believe we're members for 18 years already. 45 trips and counting. We took our kids at least once a year. As they became adults, my son did the CP, my daughter, her BF, BF's mom (a good friend of mine) and I went once a year, as well as a once a year trip with DH. We've taken our grown kids and spouses and now, grandbabes. We just got back from a 3 bedroom grand villa stay with all of us, it was yet another awesome trip, and God willing, there are many more to come.

We purchased 6 times for a total of 385 points from 2000 to 2007. It was the best money ever spent. We love our DVC!

We were in our late 40's when we initially purchased in 2001. Had 12 years of multiple trips per year and probably burned out a bit on the Disney experience so we exited the program for a few years to do other things. We visited WDW in 2017 and realized we missed it more than we had thought, so we returned to DVC.

After going to a Disney ten years in a row, mostly as a childless couple, we finally bought in after we took our first trip with our son and stayed in a beautiful off property house. We missed being right on property! I was 30 and our son was around 2 when we bought our first contract.

We just purchased last week. My husband is in his 50s, i am in my late 40s and we have grandchildren that we are hoping to enjoy this with. As soon as our youngest graduates from college we plan to go as often as we can!!

We bought in 2005 after touring in 2004. Our first trip DD was 5 and we (40 and DH 39) stayed our one and only time in a studio. Fast forward and in June we are taking her and 2 BFFs for her high school graduation trip. Bought SSR sight unseen for 200 points and added 120 resale in 2015 to allow for 2 bathrooms and a second BR. Love it and looking forward to many couple and family trips.

39, single, no kids, 1999. I originally bought it for my mom and I to have the "luxury" of a 1 bedroom. We alternated between OKW (May) and BWV (Dec). She passed away in 2005, I now go solo or with friends. Mostly studios.

We just bought at CCV in September 2017. Dh (35) me (34) and a 5 year old. We are definitely done having kids and it just made sense and fit into our budget. We will be staying for the first time on points in 41 days. :yay: This visit is a 1 bedroom at Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani and super excited.

We bought 9 years ago. DH surprised me; it was an anniversary gift. Our children were 12, 10, and 7. It’s one of the best things we’ve ever purchased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter