When you first bought DVC...

We just bought this weekend! DH and I are both mid-20s with no kids (and no current plans for kids). We asked ourselves the same question- what if we get tired of this? It's easy to say right now that I'll never get tired of Disney but previous posters have mentioned some good points:
-Until you get tired of it, you'll have some amazing vacations in the meantime
-If you end up getting tired of the parks but still like the resorts, then maybe your trips will just morph into more of a resort stay than a park trip (there's also the possibility of the non-park resorts)
-There's a high probability of being able to sell
-If you don't want to go every year, you can always rent out your points every other year and use the cash to pay for lodgings somewhere else.

For us, it made financial sense to purchase now and we've definitely considered the long term effects.

And don't forget the possibility of a DVC resort stay as "home base" to all the other attractions Florida has to offer, if you're ever tired of Disney. I really need to plan one of those type of stays, and rent a car or drive down, then visit things like Gatorland, Weeki Wachee Springs, and so forth. We did try to do one off site attraction per trip...it was fun...but we got out of the habit because of having APs, and it seemed "wasteful" not to use them daily during a trip. :)

We were mid 20s and it was 4 years before our only daughter was born. Now she's 18 and asking to be put on the deed so she can be a member!
We still love DVC but not happy with the incredible escalating price to add points or the elimination of benefits from resales.

We bought our first DVC for SS 10 yrs ago when we were in our 50's, no kids. It was a guaranteed vacation time for both of us commitment (workaholics). Now my DH is retired and I'm in graduate school. The commitment of at least one week away from everything has worked out great for us. Spend our time and points with DCL and WDW. Great investment for us and our extended family when we invite them to join us on a cruise.

My DBFF and I were ‘mature’ single women 26+ years agon when we became members. No kids just a desire to go to WDW and not have to worry about being able to afford a hotel. Up until then we visited her folks who spent winters in the area. One of my reasons to my family was to be able to take my sister and her kids who were 12, 10 and 6 at the time. :rolleyes1
My oldest niece is married with kids and bought several years ago after seeing how worthwhile it was by going with us or using my points. My sister bought in after that bcause she wants to take her 5 grandchildren now ages 2 to 11.

Wanted to buy at age 28 when we were married but had no kids. But couldn't afford it until we were mid 40's with 2 kids 17 and 11.

35 with no kids. I had been going to Disney consistently at least once a year, so it made sense. Also, I have two different family members that already owned DVC contracts, so buying in made it easier to plan trips together.

Thanks - we are continuing to discuss. She says she doesn't want a scooter (I think it's about image, for her - she doesn't want to seem "frail" or unable to walk), but she walks slowly and doesn't do so well walking long distances (although she also walks for "fitness", so who knows)... We thought about a wheelchair, but I think it has the same "image" issues for her, plus we will likely also be pushing a stroller - and the only parties who can push a wheelchair are me and DH. We are staying at BLT, so I also am thinking that we use either wheelchair or scooter to get her into the park and through Main St. (and back) as a way of conserving her energy, and she can walk around MK from ride to ride.

My aunt was very resistant to the scooter for the same reasons. We ended up convincing her to let us push her around in a wheelchair on a trip last year and I think it was much more enjoyable for her (and we could move at a faster pace). I think the non-motorized wheelchair was more palatable for her versus the scooters, but we had a lot of family members on the trip that could push (and we only had one stroller).

Well I haven't even closed yet but late 20s married and my 1 year old assures me she won't grow tired of Disney any time soon (and mom won't ever)

Just bought a few months ago, early 40's, kids are 9&7. Looking forward to even more Disney vacations in the years/decades to come!

I was 26 and my DH was 28. No kids for us yet but we have had 5 years of amazing Disney vacations. We just added on more points to VGC!!

DBF & I were 26/29 when we bought in. No kids and no plans to have kids. We are both Disney/WDW nerds and will probably go til we can't physically go anymore. It was one of the best purchases we've ever made and have no regrets...other than not buying a few more points.

After our 1st WdW family trip (2006 )we purchased. My DD was 4. She grew up at Wdw. Learned to swim...keep the magic of childhood alive:-)
That trip was my moms 1st plane ride since her honeymoon. Since that 1st Wdw trio we have been back countless times that opened our appetites for world travel. We are now seeing the actual world as well :-)
DD just turned 16..... we are bringing 3 friends to Wdw instead of a party.
I am very happy with our Dvc purchase!
To think one day to bring grandchildren is just to much joy to think of:cloud9:
Kerri

I was 30, with 4 kids 4 and under. We knew that we didn't want separate hotel rooms when we vacationed, and having the extra room to bring my parents to help us would be awesome. So since we finally had the cash to buy, we decided to jump in.

We bought last year! I was 39, DH 38, and two kids 9 and 6 at the time. We have been going to Disney every year since 2004 (for our Honeymoon!) We LOVE Disney and have heard about DVC... there are booths everywhere!! But we didn’t know much about it till about 2 years ago when my DH started looking into it. My DH really wanted to get it then, but I honestly liked staying CL too much to give it up! LOL But then when he mentioned this past year that we could start going to Disney twice a year with DVC, I was all for it!! We bought our first contract in September, and just closed on our 2nd this past March! Taking our first official DVC trip this June! Our biggest regret has been not finding out more about it sooner!! Good luck on your decision!!!

We just bought resale this year. Newly married, 31 and 30 - DH. No kids. We weren't able to use the points this year as we already planned to go to Disneyland and the grand cal didn't work out. I expected that, so we rented our points.

Bought in 2006, we were early 30's with 5 year old and a 1 year old. They've since had dozens of Disney vacations and love it just as much as us. Now they are 16, and 12 (and we now have an added 3 year old in the mix) and while they now love the more "grown-up" things in Disney (Countries/etc) we find it's really fun to show the 3yo all of the things they loved when they were young. Best decision we've ever made was buying DVC. We do regret NOT buying earlier (we considered it in late 90's when it was MUCH cheaper than 2006 - but weren't yet married or able to afford it.) However, the skyrocketing costs of passes/tickets/etc has had us considering more "resort style" vacations with off site visits instead of parks. They're pricing us out :-(

I was 28, DH was 26, and DS was 2 when the resort we wanted opened and we bought our first contract; we had looked 2 years earlier right before DS was born at AKL but held out for a home resort closer to home. We had been saving all of our tax returns for several years to pay for an extravagant wedding but threw it at DVC instead. Good financial decision. Ten years later, can't believe how much it costs now, really glad we locked in at the prices we did.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!