When you go to Disney World, do you go anywhere else?

I can't go there and just do Disney- I need to get away from all that Disney stuff every other day, would go crazy if I had to do 5 days in a row of just Disney! We ALWAYS spend one day at Discovery Cove- then other days we would drive a little ways away and go to Florida Eco Safari and zip line, another day go to Universal Studios or SeaWorld. Just can't handle day after day of Disney.

I try to get to other parks besides Disney World if possible. As much as I like being at Disney World, I am a coaster enthusiast and I like to get to other parks that have some more thrilling coasters. In the past we have been to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World and Fun Spot Orlando. I'm hoping to get to Fun Spot Kissimmee during our next Disney World trip especially because it's free admission so we can just pay to ride the coasters and not take too much time away from being at Disney.

When I went to WDW this past June for the first time, we went to Universal Studios/Harry Potter World for one day. When we go back to WDW in 2019, we're going to skip Universal Studios and just stay within WDW.

Sorry, I didn't read all of the replies, but will share my personal perspective. We live in Florida, so we do one set of parks at a time. If I didn't live in FL & had younger kids, I would choose WDW. For some tweens & most teens, I'd choose UO. I would only go to the SW parks, if it was an add-on to a 7 night UO trip. If I had older tweens/teens & didn't plan to go to SW parks, I'd split WDW & UO. By the time DS was 10 or so, he preferred UO. DH agrees with him. We go to WDW for me. It really depends on what age your kids are.

I only go to other places if I am driving.
I've only driven down twice in the last 10 years.
Growing up we always drove so we did a number of other attractions as well.
-Universal (we don't care for it anymore)
-Seaworld
-Busch Gardens
-Cypress Gardens (now Legoland Florida)
-Homosassa Springs
-Weeki Wachee Springs
-Silver Springs
-Ripley's
-Titanic Experience

My parents just drove down the other day and have already gone to Silver Springs and Homosassa Springs and will likely go to Weeki Wachee Springs.
Next week they will be going to Disney Springs and MK and that's it for Disney this trip although they were in the parks for several days during Easter break because the whole family drive down.
Unfortunately due to 2 of my nieces coming down with bad strep throat we didn't end up doing much other than Disney that trip.

Usually not, but have been to the Space Center, airboat ride, Silver Springs, offsite mini-golf and enjoyed all those. Also long ago tried Busch Gardens, Sea World, and Universal but they didn't seem to be my thing. Most trips there have been WDW only, even when I rent a car.

For a Disney-centered vacation, we always go to at least one other theme park too for a full day. Either Universal, Busch Gardens, or Sea World. Or a few hours at Fun Spot.

I try to get to other parks besides Disney World if possible. As much as I like being at Disney World, I am a coaster enthusiast and I like to get to other parks that have some more thrilling coasters. In the past we have been to Universal Studios, Islands of Adventure, Busch Gardens Tampa, Sea World and Fun Spot Orlando. I'm hoping to get to Fun Spot Kissimmee during our next Disney World trip especially because it's free admission so we can just pay to ride the coasters and not take too much time away from being at Disney.

The new woodie at Fun Spot Kissimmee is intense and IMO kind of rough. Also pricey at $9 per ride. But you need to visit to get the credit.

Never been to Universal, we are strictly Disney gals. I wouldn't mind going just once to see the Harry Potter stuff, but it won't kill me if I don't. We never have a car to drive there anyway and this upcoming trip of 7 days aside, we usually only have 5-6 full days, and Disney sure knows how to take up your time.

Strictly Disney. DW and I tried Universal once several years back and did not enjoy it at all. Beyond that, on our summer trips, we'll make a day trip to Daytona Beach.

Haven't been to Universal in a couple of years and would like to return- but not as part of a Disney trip because it's far too expensive on top of Disney tickets.

We usually visit Disney during Thanksgiving Week or the beginning of Dec every few years for about 9 days so always do a day at SW we love their special holiday shows. We are not huge thrill ride people so occasionally we might take another day for Universal or KSC.

We just do Disney. However, my dd and DH were thinking of doing one day in Universal this time. Correct me if I am wrong but the cost is crazy in comparison to Disney!!! Is that right or am I not looking in the right place?

I haven’t been yet but am planning for next year. I am planning for WDW and Universal. I live too far and don’t know when and if I will get there again so would like to do both as I am sure my family will be interested in both.

Saying that I have been to DL only for DL but it is easier to get there and wasn’t my first trip. I know we will be back.

Most of time our trips involve something besides Disney. Usually we go to the beach for a week and add a few Disney days. If we are in Universal a whole week, we add in some Universal days.

We just do Disney. However, my dd and DH were thinking of doing one day in Universal this time. Correct me if I am wrong but the cost is crazy in comparison to Disney!!! Is that right or am I not looking in the right place?

IIRC, a one-day Universal ticket is less than a one-day WDW ticket. In both cases, the "per day" cost is greatly reduced with multiple days. That's why we don't try to do both in a single trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter