When you were growing up

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
was there some local guys that would do a Friday/Saturday night late scary movie for the kids. We had a few but my favorite was Hollahan and Big Chuck . My best budy and I would sleep over in his dads camper (in the drive) and run an extension cord out to watch them, it was a great time
hoolihan-big-chuck.jpg

anit it funny how silly them shows were but they remained etched in our memory's
4 or 5 of us guys (about 13/14 years old), would get together at one of the guy's houses. We'd make popcorn, on the stove in a pot, and watch 2 hours of Frankenstein, Dracula, The Mummy, Invisible Man, etc. Then 2 hours of wrestling afterward.

We had Bob Wilkins. Pretty much almost anyone in Northern California that was alive remembers Bob Wilkins. The Bob Wilkins show ran on 3 in Sacramento. (that market stretches from Yuba City to Modesto) Then it moved over to 40. He also had on channel 2 in Oakland Creature Features and Captain Cosmic, an afternoon kiddie version of his late night stuff. After Bob we had Movie Macabre (Elvira) which was syndicated.

We had Bob Wilkins Creature Features

yup, watched it weekly. everyone remember the epic 'bambi meets godzilla'? o_O

still my favorite of this genre is the parody sctv would periodically do 'count floyd's monster chiller horror theater' ('ooooooo kids, scaaaaaaaaaaaary stuff'):thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We had Creature Double Feature in Boston on Channel 56! Slide from Saturday morning cartoons straight into Creature Double Feature if your mom would letcha!

We had Bob Wilkins. Pretty much almost anyone in Northern California that was alive remembers Bob Wilkins. The Bob Wilkins show ran on 3 in Sacramento. (that market stretches from Yuba City to Modesto) Then it moved over to 40. He also had on channel 2 in Oakland Creature Features and Captain Cosmic, an afternoon kiddie version of his late night stuff. After Bob we had Movie Macabre (Elvira) which was syndicated.

My dad has mentioned watching Creature Features, so he probably saw some of the others as well. He grew up in Santa Clara County, just over the pass.

We also had Shock Theater on Saturday afternoons. My favorites were the Universal Monsters from the ‘30s and ‘40s and the Hammer horror films from the ‘50s and ‘60s. Other favorites were Curse of the Werewolf with Oliver Reed and Mr Sardonicus. Freaky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter