Where are the August 2018 Folks? August TR thread.

It looks like the menu change has been around for awhile, I looked at the resort info thread and the one posted back in March reads the same. But I know I have one back at home from our January trip that with the original wording.

I thought I was missing The Lone Rider and Giddyap and Go, but THIS link in the Fort Info thread doesn't have it either (unless Denise updated the pic for us). It says that pic is from 2005, but the price for the 8 piece is the same as Vince's pic. That can't be Disney.

This is what I remember.

Fort-Wilderness-PJs-Southern-Takeout-Menu-April-2017-1.jpg

As for price, I found this pic online from 2014/15 with the same price for Giddyap and Go, but it was 10 pieces, not 8.

PandJ.jpg

j

You get two extra pieces for .10 more according to those menus.

Edit: for .10 more you lose 2 pieces of chicken.

The last pic is the one I have at home from our Jan. Trip.

I noticed that the last time I was there

The ol' GaG used to be a 10-piece chicken meal at the $25 (approx) price point.

The last few times I got it it was an 8-piece at about the same price point.

We have 5 people in my family so it was a clean 2-piece per person split (take a breast, get a wing).

Is that what you're referring to, Vince?

I remember when the one pound bag of potato chips (that's 16 ounces to you youngin's) was $1.99 at my local grocery store.

Now they still have a bag of potato chips for $1.99 but at last check it's 9.5 ounces of product.

Costs keep going up but my paycheck stays about the same.

Bama Ed

PS - when my brother Joe and I were growing up, having Coke at dinner was a treat and we as kids would push our glasses side by side at the start of the meal to see who got an infintesimal amount more than the other. The one with the smaller amount would whine and ask for more (identities hidden to protect the innocent). My father would respond by pouring the excess amount in the one child glass into his own thus lowering the higher child glass and making them equal (albeit lower). We soon learned not to complain at all. This was the late 60's and early 70's.....

PPS - you can still upgrade the GaG to all breast pieces (lots o' chicken) and the price is about $29. Well worth it now that my kids all eat like adults. Now THAT is STILL a deal for a family.

PPS - that's a HECK of a big menu now. That two times at the Fort the takeout line for P&J was long and inefficient (drove me nuts). I'd almost rather pay for the buffet and graze away. They made lots of mistakes (wrong items given to take out people) because I saw a lot of returns complaining about the mistakes. Steaks at my site from the grill with some microwaved mash and sliced tomatoes with a bottle of Cabernet sounds SO much better.

Last edited:
Hello, Vince.

I have to admit, I haven't been keeping up with the boards for a good while now. Just posted last week on a possible camper upgrade and seeking info on anyone that might have the same brand.

How exciting to get a special adult only get away trip. Jealousy is running high, my friend.

I love your set up. How's that ac keeping up? The combo of the ac and the fan should be keeping things cool for resting hours.

Tent camping and set-ups will always be near and dear to my heart. I loved tent camping!!!! However, I never needed a u-haul. Come on now!

Even though we have upgraded to the camper, my best memories still reside with good ol 1500 loop and two tents.

And how neat of you to share John's sign. I have been watching his progress through another facebook group.

Enjoy the rest of your trip and share some more pics!!!

That is what I was referring to. You should of seen the weird look I got when I ordered The giddy Up And Go, not realizing it was change on the menu.

How's that ac keeping up? The combo of the ac and the fan should be keeping things cool for resting hours.

The ac is keeping up real well. Nice and cool for sleeping. We turn it off in the mornings and open the windows to let the fan circulate fresh air, then turn it back on at about 5 to start cooling the tent back down.

I know your busy with the kids and farming, and it is always good to here from you. Hoping to see you in January for a meet and greet.

Vince

Didn’t do much today. Walked up and got some breakfast to bring back to camp.

8536DFC3-39EE-4616-8379-DEEBD23ED856.jpeg

Then went to the pool for awhile. I have noticed little bees buzzing around by the Meadows pool soda fountain. One of them followed me back to the table we were at, and that was enough swimming for awhile, DW gets hives if she is stung. We came back to camp and I went for a walk around the campground. Come back and played some games and relaxed, took a little nap then went and grabbed a GAG, went down to the beach and eat dinner there, came back went up to the pool to cool off and sit around and talk about our next trip. Back at camp after a nice shower and now getting ready to turn in.

We will be there Jan 6 - Jan 20. Kris and Bert will be there the same dates too. We hope to get 1900 loop or even 1800 by canal. Charlotte being so little, might be best staying 1900 and away from the water. What are your dates? Also, Grace will be 10 for our January trip. How old is your daughter?

We will be there Jan 6 - Jan 20. Kris and Bert will be there the same dates too. We hope to get 1900 loop or even 1800 by canal. Charlotte being so little, might be best staying 1900 and away from the water. What are your dates? Also, Grace will be 10 for our January trip. How old is your daughter?

We will be down from the 14 - 25, hopefully in 1600 again. It will be another birthday trip for Savannah, she will be 12.

Arrived on property! At Disney Springs to make sure AP it properly linked to MB’s to make sure we don’t use up our non-exp passes first....going to drop stuff with bell services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter