Where are the Kidcot Stations?

PrincessWithABlaster

DIS Veteran
My kids want to do passports in Epcot this year but I never know where the stations are other than Mexico which is clearly a “pavilion” and has the kidcot station right as you walk in. Other countries like France and Norway are more like a collection of small shops and restaurants than a pavilion. Where do I even start to look? Help. o_O

They are usually inside of one of the shops. Germany is in Der Teddy Bear, Japan used to be just past the gate before the sake tasting area, Morocco is in the market area, etc. Any CM at a given country should be able to point you to the current location.

My kids want to do passports in Epcot this year but I never know where the stations are other than Mexico which is clearly a “pavilion” and has the kidcot station right as you walk in. Other countries like France and Norway are more like a collection of small shops and restaurants than a pavilion. Where do I even start to look? Help. o_O

The WDW website lists the locations (click "Read More" under "Artisic Fun for Little Ones"): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/

Although that assumes you know the places noted, some are arguably more obscure store/shop names that might not be readily familiar.

Honestly, we usually just wonder around the countries until we find them... make it part of the fun. Sometimes I can't exactly remember myself and sometimes I just want to make the kids work a bit. :goodvibes

We love Kidcot... my kids (7 and 3) really enjoy it.

Have fun!

They've moved the Mexico Kidcot station down inside the pyramid proper, instead of being in the entry hall, just FYI.

The WDW website lists the locations (click "Read More" under "Artisic Fun for Little Ones"): https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/attractions/epcot/kidcot-fun-stops/

Although that assumes you know the places noted, some are arguably more obscure store/shop names that might not be readily familiar.

Honestly, we usually just wonder around the countries until we find them... make it part of the fun. Sometimes I can't exactly remember myself and sometimes I just want to make the kids work a bit. :goodvibes

We love Kidcot... my kids (7 and 3) really enjoy it.

Have fun!

Ahhh, thank you. That list will definitely help because I will definitely will not be remembering any of that (we have not yet spent a whole lot of time in WS so none of those names are familiar to me).

So is the stamp different in each country? My kids are a little old for the coloring activities but I think they will like getting stamps and getting the CMs in China and Japan to write their names.

They've moved the Mexico Kidcot station down inside the pyramid proper, instead of being in the entry hall, just FYI.

See I don't even know the only one I thought I knew. :teleport: They are well hidden, those kidcot stations.

So is the stamp different in each country? My kids are a little old for the coloring activities but I think they will like getting stamps and getting the CMs in China and Japan to write their names.

Let’s see if I can explain this well enough (and sorry if you already know this stuff).... :-)

You really have two options, so to speak, when it comes to the Kidcot stations. One is the free Duffy Bears... the CMs will put a stamp / usually draw something on the back in each country. You don’t have to color the front, of course, but you can if so desired. (Note, sometimes the Duffy Bears are replaced with seasonal/festival related activities during certain times of year).

The second option would be the actual “Passports” books which are available for purchase in most gift shops (I don’t remember the cost but I don’t think it’s that much). If I’m not mistaken, it comes with a passport book, a pin, and some stickers. You go to the same Kidcot tables in each country and the CM will stamp / make a drawing in the Passport book. I think they also do a date/time stamp as well. This is probably your better option with older kids.

I always see plenty of adults getting their Passports stamped... definitely not just for kids! :-)

Hope that helps!

A third option, to the crafty sort, explore the files done by the designers down in the CreativeDis'ers area (bottom of the main board page). We have a couple very cute Passports I printed out myself. Took them to Staples to get bound in a plastic comb too. I haven't looked back in a while but I'm pretty sure there are still posts with files down there. The CM got a kick out of a different passport.

My daughter had a great time doing the Kidcot stations on Thanksgiving. She's extremely shy, so she didn't talk, but the CMs were so great with her. I think Canada was probably our favorite. They were so fun. She used the Duffy on a stick :)

France was off to the right when you walk in the bakery. I can't remember where Norway was.

A third option, to the crafty sort, explore the files done by the designers down in the CreativeDis'ers area (bottom of the main board page). We have a couple very cute Passports I printed out myself. Took them to Staples to get bound in a plastic comb too. I haven't looked back in a while but I'm pretty sure there are still posts with files down there. The CM got a kick out of a different passport.

They have some beautiful designs. My kids love the custom autograph books I made with the CreativeDisers pictures and now they want them every year. I’m trying to convince them to do t-shirts instead since it does take some time (I have some graphics experience so I let them design their own covers and I’ve been adding pages for new characters). I will probably go with the pre-purchased book but only because I’ll likely be doing the autograph books. It’s a great suggestion.

Italy can be easy to overlook if you aren't paying attention. It's right out in the open but if you walk with blinders on (like we do so often) and make a bee-line for a store and start exploring, you'll never find it because you've walked right past the darn thing.

You can certainly use the park map to locate the stations, but I would recommend letting the kids explore on their own a bit and see if they can find them. The first time my kids did passports they loved the adventure of finding the stations on their own. Kinda like their own little scavenger hunt.

Some of the Morocco CM's will also sign names.

Yes. You'll see kids of ALL ages participating in Kidcot. :)

When last we walked through them, the CM's also sometimes drew little flags on the back of the Kidcot item. Well more like a little drawing in the colors of the flag of that country, somewhat like the flag.

Another option - at least in the past - was to buy a paper fan in Japan (probably China as well). The CM's were willing to personalize those as well. It has been some time, and the fans ranged in price, but the low-end ones were probably under $10.

Other folks have gone around the Kidcot stations with items like t-shirts or plain baseball caps.

If you stop for any characters, you can also have them sign (their name) to items.

My daughter and I got the stamps she needed in a 30 minute "walk around the world" last month. My son had also bought a passport (IIRC, $12-15) but he was too tired, so I took it and got it stamped for him.

The locations are marked on a map, but here are better directions to get to them. I'm doing this from memory - the location are good, but I can't remember all the names.

- Mexico - in the pyramid, at the bottom, in the area next to the fountain between the ramps.

- Norway - In The Puffin's Roost gift shops that are to the left of the entrance to FEA. I can't remember exactly where the Kidcot station is inside of the shops.

- China - In The House of Good Fortune (shop) on the left side of the "alley". Once you enter The House of Good Fortune, go to the right and you'll see the Kidcot station.

- Germany - Walk toward Sommerfest, and then enter the entrance to Der Teddybär on your right (the last entrance before you get to Sommerfest.) Turn left after you enter and walk straight to the back and you'll see the Kidcot station

- Italy - as soon as you enter Italy, Look to the right and you'll see tables and chairs and an open double archway to the right. The Kidcot station is under the double arches. You can see the Kidcot sign above the left arch.

- USA - the Kidcot station is to the right of The Heritage Manor gift shop, in the area under cover.

- Japan - Enter Japan and go straight and cross over the wooden bridge. Enter through the wooden doors and the Kidcot station is just inside on the right.

- Morocco - Go through the gateway and then turn right at the first alley and and enter the shops on the right The Kidcot station is inside the gift shop, on the left as you enter.

- France - Go in the entrance to Les Halles at the back of the street. You will enter the gift shop. The Kidcot station will be there, not too far away from the cash register on the right.

- UK - This one I can't remember exactly, but I believe its in The Toy Soldier, against the back wall.

- Canada - As one person above mentioned, its by the out door to O Canada! You don't have to see the movie to get to the Kidcot station. Take the walkway through the garden like you are going to Le Cellier and then keep to the right. After you pass by the entrance to Le Cellier, keep right and the Kidcot station will be directly ahead.

You can also see these locations on Google Maps.

If you go to the Kidcot station and a CM isn't there, ask at the register closest to the Kidcot station if they have the stamps. When we went, a couple of the CMs were not at the Kidcot stations, but we got my daughter's sheet stamped and the passport stamped at the register.

My kids just finished their passports yesterday - I absolutely loved this activity. My girls did the Duffy bears as well. The stations are pretty easy to spot once you have a feel for what they look like. Some of the CMs are much more engaging than others, but all did their job.

With the Duffy bears, they will put their country stamp on the wooden handle, and draw something on the back of the bear itself. My kids got things like Viking ships in Norway, teacup in UK, etc. Some draw their flags. Some of them are actually really good artists!

I highly recommend the passports - they are really good quality, and they come with the passport itself, a pin they can wear and a full sheet of stickers for each country. They look really official when they are done. My youngest daughter also really impressed the CM in Morocco when she showed her how she could count to 20 in Arabic (she had taught herself using YouTube because she has some friends at school who speak Arabic). The CM there gave her a special "Moroccan Mickey" magnet. We bought the passports at the Port of Entry store last summer - I believe we paid $12 each. They also sell them at some of the little kiosks around the countries themselves.

We bought the passport book one year and had a great time visiting each country. Last year, we used an autograph book. The kids love the Kidcot stations so much that it is difficult to get them to move on to the next country.

As shown in the two examples below, the Kidcot "K" symbol on the Epcot map is placed over the exact location at the country and gives you an idea of where to start looking.

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter