Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * update 1/16*

Discussion in 'Disney Trip Reports' started by ariane37, Aug 17, 2017.

1. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see you new DB :goodvibes
    I got the new Peter Pan DB over Thanksgiving.

ariane37 likes this.
  2. disneyAndi14

disneyAndi14 DIS Veteran

I remember the neat things about Liberty square after the tour, I agree so many details done to that period of our history.

The Tiki Room is a great place in August, I agree!

Excited to see your new DB.

Sorry to hear BoG wasn’t the best at dinner.

ariane37 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. StarWarsMomofGirls!

StarWarsMomofGirls! DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see the pic of the new bag. I have been toying with getting a D&B but I just haven't found the pattern I liked enough to pull the trigger. One day, there will be!

Meeting the Beast is the best part of eating there!

ariane37 likes this.
  5. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

I'm back! Before I answer comments or continue with our MK after-BOG evening let me show you my newest D&B:

IMG_7858.JPG

IMG_7859.JPG

Isn't it so cute? We didn't see it in ANY store before or after I bought it and I haven't seen anyone post about it since. It's big and I lose stuff in it since I normally buy the satchel size but I think the pattern is so different and unique :mickeyjum
    We walked off our meal by spending a couple more hours in the park. Since this was our last chance to be in the MK I'd made a FP for a must-do-more-than-once, and we all went on HM.
    I was surprised I'd never noticed this guy before!

IMG_7186.JPG

On our way out we got some PP pictures. I actually have quite a few from today but I always forget to post them......

3athm.jpg

4athm.jpg

And this one, which is a cool Magic Shot but we look weird:

hitchiking.jpg

On our way to our next destination we made a pit stop for a bathroom break. Guess which bathrooms we used?

IMG_7187.JPG

Then we took a final spin on IASW and I noticed a couple things that I hadn't noticed on our other trips this......trip. A few dolls were missing-where were they?

IMG_7195.JPG

I know he always has a partner but the wood was mysteriously blank. Then there's this entire empty side:

IMG_7196.JPG

I was trying to figure out if there are normally dancers on the other side of the Taj Mahal. There are, aren't there? I mean, why wouldn't there be, it looks uneven without them there. Maybe I just assumed they were normally there since the Israel girl was missing, but I think I'm right. Tell me I'm right :D Was there a strike going on? IDK, but I'm going to pay careful attention next month. Both to any missing dolls AND to whether or not the dolls at the end have faces behind the masks......

I feel like we did more after dinner besides HM and IASW because I remember it was dark after IASW and we felt we'd done enough, but I can't remember. Again: result of dragging out your TR too long! I do know we were back at WL shortly before HEA so we figured we'd see how it looked from the lounge. We tried going out on the balcony but the bugs were crazy! So we watched a tiny bit from inside but the doors fogged up pretty good, therefore settled for a little CL snack. Here's mine:

IMG_7204.JPG

Mmmmm, my last raspberry macaroon, perfection :love: And strawberry shortcake in a tiny glass, delicious! With moscato that isn't normally in the lounge but that Steve asked the CM if they had and he happily went and procured for me. The kids hung for a short while but then went back to the room while Steve and I chilled in the lounge. It was surprisingly crowded but no unpleasantly so. It was nice to sit and relax not in our room, and think about what our final day in the parks would bring tomorrow. Which leads me to

UP NEXT: WE SAY SEE YA REAL SOON!

6. Wood Nymph

Wood Nymph DIS Veteran

We like the Muppets in Liberty Square. It is a cute little show.
    We learned a few things about Liberty Square from the KTTK tour, but the one that seems easiest to remember is the brown "river" down the middle of the street. ;)

We saw this show last October. Like you, we haven't seen it in ages, but it was actually enjoyable. I've heard they shortened the show and put in a better sound system.

That is the cutest D & B I've seen. It is different than so many of the other styles. :)

I also thought there are usually two lines of dolls at the Taj Mahal.

That looks really good. I love strawberry shortcake. :)

Could you hear the HEA music instead the lounge, or only out on the balcony?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    ariane37 likes this.
  7. chunkymonkey

chunkymonkey DIS Veteran

I'm a little behind but all caught up now! I have to head over to your dining report now!

Aww Hi Kathy and Alexis!

I've never caught this entire thing either, it's cute though!

Cute picture and love the dress! It's the same as the black one you wore when you went to Citricos, right?

ariane37 likes this.
  8. Princess Leia

Princess Leia DIS Veteran

Hi Ariane. Happy New Year!

Sorry I've been missing. I was having problems fitting real life in let alone the disboards.

Maybe his bride had realised her error and ran off with someone else. See if he has got a new one next trip.

I have checked my photos from July 2016 and it was only one side then too.

Tell me about it..trying to piece it together is really difficult. At least you are nearly at the end.

ariane37 likes this.
  9. Jenny Sanders

Jenny Sanders DIS Veteran

First of all, happy New Year Ariane!
    Second, LOVE the Dooney!!!! I plan on getting another in March...I really like the Mickey ears one, but we shall see...
    Thirdly, LOVE, LOVE LOVE Santa Clarita Diet!!!! I am a HUUUUUUUGE Timothy Olyphant fan. I swoon every time I see him (much to Joe's annoyance)...:rotfl2:

Finally, the pics of you, Steve, Ricky and Chris in front of HM are adorable!!!!

ariane37 likes this.
  10. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

Love your new bag I haven't seen that one very cute :thumbsup2
    The PP pic with the grinning ghost is great

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
    ariane37 likes this.
  11. StarWarsMomofGirls!

Love it!

ariane37 likes this.
  12. kittylady1972

kittylady1972 Disneyholic

Finally got around to reading the latest TR...awesome! It has been years since we had a meal at BOG, and part of me wants to try dinner...we've only done breakfast and lunch...but don't know if we'll get around to it. Now that we have a trip planned for next November, I'm thinking about snagging some hard to get ADRs and that would be one of them.

Tiki room is a great place for cooling off and relaxing. We've done it a few times but it's been a while now. I am not sure about your IASW questions, since we rarely do that one, but I did a FB Live video of it during our last trip so maybe I happened to catch one of your scenes?

The bag is very cute too!

ariane37 likes this.
  13. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

And then you'll have to report back here! LOL you won't be able to think about anything else now when you're on the ride until you check this out :laughing:

It's cute to try and if you don't like it, at least you can say you've done it once. It's just not something you think to do when you're pressed for time but if you're there when it's hot, stop in!

What??? I didn't know there's a PP one out! I need to look it up because I love PP :goodvibes

Right? But many of them are things you wouldn't even notice when walking by. The rifle in the upper floor window, for instance?

For the price you really have to like the pattern! There was a time or two that Steve asked if I wanted a new one, but there weren't any patterns out I was in love with so it wasn't worth spending the $$.

LOL yes! My boys thought that was hysterical when I told them :rolleyes:

I hadn't heard they'd shortened it but maybe that's why I liked it better this time. It is cute to see once in awhile and I like knowing Walt had a hand in it, as corny as that is.

Thank you! That's how I felt when I saw it, very different from the ones you usually see.

Yes! They pipe the music in to the lounge :)

wdwnut61 likes this.
  14. thumper*

thumper* Disney Dreamer

I just went and put this on my list now I gotta watch it after your recommendation.

:lmao:

Cute bag. I must be pretty picky because since Coach came out with some Disney themed bags over a yr ago I haven't seen a pattern I'd pay for except the one you got.

15. wdwnut61

wdwnut61 DIS Veteran

Here you go :D
    I love black and white and Peter Pan too so it was a win win

25B8075B-7F1D-40F2-AE7F-E70D3F6BEDFC.jpeg
    4210080F-509F-45A6-8B79-F8CCD5FFAA76.jpeg
    00E46456-2E1C-42AC-ADF3-20E697A2D4AE.jpeg

16. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

Wow that guy is a looker!

Sorry quoted the wrong post, meant the guy on the left there :laughing: wocka wocka!

HOW RUDE! I think you mean it's the wildest ride in the wilderneeeesss (said in the most country accent ever)

WHAT!!!?!? Come on, "lurk, lurk, lurk"? I thought we were friends here?! :sad2:

NEED IMMEDIATELY! So cute - any idea what this pattern is named?

ariane37 likes this.
  17. kastoney

kastoney Disney foodie served with a side of sarcasm

I'm totally with you on the ok, but its a great break from the heat. I've been telling the cast members here for years that if they just put in a bar the attraction could be perfect. Sadly you know how that has turned out. :(

Great picture. Yes you did deserve it, though something tells me the beast may smell worse than your man boys :P

Gorgeous!!! Love, love, love it. Especially the castle in the back. Of course as you'v come to know this is about 20x the size of a purse i use :D

The head on Chris' shoulder aside, this is a great picture of you all!

I'm sure there is someone more authoritative than me, but I don't think there is normally something there. For some reason I think they are just on one side.

Perfect ending to your last night!

ariane37 likes this.
  18. StarWarsMomofGirls!

So, I just looked at my photos from our first trip back in 2013. Gwen was 2-3/4 and we rode It's a small World a number of times. She called it the "Dolly Ride" Anyway.... I found this photo! So, at least since 2013, there has always been only 1 side!
    IASW.jpg

I totally thought on our last trip that they were taken out too! But apparently not.

kastoney, froggibabey and ariane37 like this.
  19. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

LOL yup it's the same as the black one, you caught me! But when I find something that fits well I buy it in more than one color if it's a dress, top, skirt, etc. :rolleyes1

Happy New Year to you also, Fiona! It's nice to see you back, believe me I understand falling behind due to real life. I have never been so far behind on everyone's TR's and dining reports as I am now and I feel horrible about it!

:laughing: Maybe!

Thank you, a few others have chimed in and pointed that out. Don't know why it looked so weird to me this time since I've obviously seen it this way millions of times :rolleyes:

I can't wait for season 2! And I understand why you swoon ;) I feel like I recently saw him in something else too but I can't remember what, but whatever it was I loved him in that, also.

:thanks:

Thank you!! I'm so far behind on everyone else's reports I'm grateful that anyone is still reading mine :(

Yes you should! My sister told me about it awhile ago but I never watched it; so glad we did now and can't wait for the next season :)

Love that, thank you for sharing! Might have to be my next one lol

20. ariane37

ariane37 Dis veteran

Ah, thanks for pointing that out! Thanks for pointing out that my age is creeping up on me and I can't remember s*&t, I appreciate it :P
    (just kidding :hug:)

You finally got me to look up the name which I've been meaning to do since I got it; it's called Mickey and Minnie Cafe :goodvibes

Maybe if we start a petition.............:scratchin

You could probably fit your entire purse collection in here lol

OMG that's hysterical, I didn't even notice it till you said this! Perfect for a shot outside the HM!

First, I love this picture! Second, yeah a few people have corrected me and it just goes to show how there's always something new to see no matter how often you go, since I've been on the ride more times than I can count and still didn't know the dolls weren't supposed to be there :sad2: At least it inspired conversation here lmao!

kastoney and StarWarsMomofGirls! like this.
  21. pepperandchips

pepperandchips [melinda]

You know I am just poking fun at my country kinfolk for that horrible heehaw accent in there! :flower3::flower3::flower3:

I can only imagine what that particular quote sounds like coming from the yankee dialect :rotfl2:

ariane37 likes this.