Where are we, Jersey? Bye, Phoenicians! An August 2017 TR * NEW DINING/TR LINKS*

It's too bad that the kids didn't want to go to Picabu's. We went there for the first time ever during our July trip because the food options at the resorts are getting really limited. From your end of YC that would have been a really short walk, :)

At least you had a nice view while sitting at the Boardwalk.

I'm glad that we've never eaten at the pizza window. In fact, we usually avoid pizza at Disney.

Teenage boys are the worst.....honestly! If they had just listened to their mother (mine never do) they would have had something to eat AND you two would have had a little choice. Did you get a margarita??? I swear I would have been so aggravated by that point, I would have just sucked one back...lol! In my world, the twins were wrestling and Stuart may have given Jamie a black eye.....boys! Disney, take me away......

Avoid the pizza window... noted! :rotfl: I'm glad Picabu will be close for us, just in case... Plus I just realized we'll need to eat somewhere the night we go from Universal to the Dolphin...

We stayed in that wing of the Yacht Club when we were there in August 2014! We were two rooms from the end that you photographed, on the same side as your room. Fairly certain that the "woods" used to have a small pond there... think I can see it in this picture!

IMG_8072.JPG

I actually loved the view and the tranquility but we joked that we were actually in the Dolphin instead of the YC! The first time I saw the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk illuminated at night on that trip, I legit wept. I'm so ready to go try those new renovated rooms! Sorry your food started off on a bad note... was the Crew's Cup Lounge not serving any longer at that hour? Boo!

Well I hope it goes up from here! And that pizza might have been good if you'd just downed a couple margaritas first :rotfl2:

The dreaded Boardwalk pizza window, I have heard many negative reviews! At least the atmosphere was nice on the Boardwalk.

Did you think the YC was more noisy with the hard floor surface or was it okay. It makes me worry you will hear all footsteps if someone is above you!

Checking in! :wave2:

Ugh, I hate flight delays, they are the worst. Especially when it puts a wrench in my eating plans!

What did you think of the newly renovated rooms at the YC? I have never stayed there but I always thought the decor of the old rooms was cute.

Love, love, love the BW at night!! Did you not get a margarita?? What gives? :laughing:

Can't wait to hear what you thought about WL CL

THE NIGHT I ALMOST STARVED MY FAMILY TO DEATH
OR, ARRIVAL NIGHT

:rotfl: I almost starved Josh one of the nights on our last trip.

Out to the BW we went but again, nobody wanted to walk all the way to the Swolphin. They would however walk over to the BWI/V area to see if the bakery was still open even after I told them it wouldn't be?? And what is the difference in walking distance???

:confused3 your family should listen to you more you know best about Disney!

Yikes that is certainly a rough start to the trip, but at least you weren't scavenging for food in a tent at CBR which I think was on the docket once wasn't it :-) I'll be sure we never invibe enough the boardwalk pizza window sounds like a good idea. Sounds horrible. Thanks for at least saving us from a picture :P

I have stayed in that wing and it is a loooong walk in the best of circumstances. So sorry arrival night wasn't stellar. I've never investigated Picabu - making a mental note it is 24/7.

As I said above we were starving, and I knew we would be. We'd had DD bagels and wraps at 4 and it was now 11. When we switched from POP for these 2 nights (Oh, if you didn't read my PTR, we were originally at POP until Steve decided we needed to switch) I told Steve while the food court at POP was open until midnight, our options would be limited even in the BW area after 10. We had decided we would most likely go over to Picabu at the Dolphin which is 24 hours and seems to have some good options. Well, once we got there and made the long traipse to our room, the complaining go so loud and out of hand and nobody wanted to walk ALL the way over there to eat. Like they were going to have a choice with the walking :laughing:

Looking that up on maps, it doesn't seem that far of a walk. I can understand your frustration. Closer to the dolphin and about the same walk to the swan as when you went to BW. :sad2:. Oh, if only we could figure out as teens that mom (and dad) actually KNOWS what she's talking about. Sorry! :sad:

We went to the new marketplace at the YC which was just about to close but the shelves with the pre-made stuff were bare and we all needed more than a snack. Out to the BW we went but again, nobody wanted to walk all the way to the Swolphin. They would however walk over to the BWI/V area to see if the bakery was still open even after I told them it wouldn't be?? And what is the difference in walking distance??? I just went with it because the whining and attitude I was already getting was enough. As I knew, the bakery was closed and the only window open was the margarita one, which wasn't a bad thing except they only had Mickey pretzels by way of food. We ended up ordering from the pizza window. We did this on arrival night in Nov. 2015 not knowing any better. I'm sorry if I offend anyone (not really) but, this has got to be the worst pizza in the world. I really, truly hope it is because if anyone serves pizza that tastes worse than this they should be shut down immediately. When we ordered in 2015 we all ate it because 1. the kids didn't think it was that bad and 2. Steve and I ordered the supreme and the toppings kind of masked the nastiness. This time Steve and I just couldn't stomach it after 2 bites so we ended up getting pretzels. Chris saw nothing wrong with the pizza; Ricky didn't like it but wanted more than pretzels and so he ate it. Yuck. Between our later arrival time, wait on ME, room that was far, far away, and not good late night meal, arrival night was kinda crappy. The one saving grace for me at least besides being in my happy place was sitting on the Boardwalk, which is always peaceful late at night.
Duely noted...do not, at any costs, get pizza from BW.
DW and I make our own home-made pizza, so I'm kinda a pizza snob anyway, but we will definitely stay away from this.

Last edited:
I know flight delays are frustrating and waiting on ME can be too. I always love when my family complains like I have a magic wand and can fix it :sad2:
We made the mistake of trying the pizza years ago when we stayed at the BWI. I agree not good at all.
I love the carpet and constellation curtains.

I'm back and I'm HERE!! Sorry we didn't get to meet up that one day but I'm sure our paths will cross in the future.

And then the flight was delayed until 6:20.

Ha, our flight was crazy delayed. We did not get to Disney until close to 11:30pm. By the time we got to our rooms it was past midnight. The poor kids were tired as hell but some of them wanted to stay up because it was their first time experiencing everything and they couldn't sleep.

We were finally on ME at 9:53, whoo-hoo!!! And then we sat until 10:19, whoo-hoo!!! Not. This is the part Steve hates and I have to hear it every single time. I thought we were getting a taxi but.....................so we arrived at the first hotel of our stay at 10: 40 thanks to a lead-footed driver

Oh that sucks. We had that on our Pandora trip. Literally waited almost half an hour for our ME bus at the airport. Luckily on this trip we didn't have to wait more than 10 minutes.

We ended up ordering from the pizza window. We did this on arrival night in Nov. 2015 not knowing any better. I'm sorry if I offend anyone (not really) but, this has got to be the worst pizza in the world. I really, truly hope it is because if anyone serves pizza that tastes worse than this they should be shut down immediately. When we ordered in 2015 we all ate it because 1. the kids didn't think it was that bad and 2. Steve and I ordered the supreme and the toppings kind of masked the nastiness. This time Steve and I just couldn't stomach it after 2 bites so we ended up getting pretzels. Chris saw nothing wrong with the pizza; Ricky didn't like it but wanted more than pretzels and so he ate it. Yuck. Between our later arrival time, wait on ME, room that was far, far away, and not good late night meal, arrival night was kinda crappy. The one saving grace for me at least besides being in my happy place was sitting on the Boardwalk, which is always peaceful late at night

I have never eaten from the pizza window but now I'm kinda scared to! I'm sure you are a little spoiled from NY pizza which is the best pizza in the world, right? LOL so other pizzas just don't compare. So I rarely eat pizza outside of home. Although Via Napoli is pretty good.
I can't wait to stay at YC in two weeks!! The Poly rooms I think need some dire refurbishing, so it'll be nice to stay at the new YC rooms.

Your arrival night sounds almost as bad as ours...just minus the rain! At least the YC is lovely and the view of the boardwalk and being there so close to the water was nice. Sorry for all the bad attitudes but it seems to be a common theme around here on arrival night (cough*my DH*cough). Here's hoping it gets better!

That title! What a start--thank goodness you made it though, and I agree with the others, hope there was a margarita involved for you!

I'm here!!! Can't wait to read about your trip! :cool1: I should be packing...but DH disappeared, and I have tomorrow off to finish that...:surfweb:
:welcome: I HATE packing, I always want to GET to Disney and I have grand ideas for WHAT I'm going to pack, but I'd love to hire someone to do the actual job lol. I hope you got it done today!

So looking forward to seeing your pics, since we won't be able to ride GMR again :sad1:
Don't worry, I have lots :thumbsup2 I think it's going to be so weird with it closed, I'm not looking forward to experiencing that in Nov. when we go. You'll have to do a TR and tell us how it is :sad2:

Joining in! Sounds like yall had a blast! Can't wait to read about splitsville - we have been talking about going for about 3 trips now and never made it either!
Hello and :welcome: Thank you for joining! It's funny how plans change once you get there, isn't it? I'm glad we finally got there because we did enjoy ourselves and I believe we'll be going again the next time we take the boys :)

That pizza is the worst! I'm pretty sure Digiorno pizza would be better. At least the food could only get better from that point!
Chuck E Cheese pizza is better! I rather eat Chuck E Cheese pizza 3x a day for a month than ever have the BW window pizza EVER again :crazy2:

It's too bad that the kids didn't want to go to Picabu's. We went there for the first time ever during our July trip because the food options at the resorts are getting really limited.
The menu looked very good and right before we left I read quite a few favorable reviews. I was pretty surprised that most things around the BW close at 10! I guess in all our stays at the Epcot resorts we've never looked for anything later than that, or else their used to be more available later on. It was very disappointing. You figure if MK is open later than 9, which most nights it is, and HS open until 9:30 which many nights it is, you're going to have guests arriving back up until 11. Many could be hungry and want more than a bag of chips from the marketplace or disgusting pizza................

From your end of YC that would have been a really short walk, :)
Um yes, I knew that :rolleyes: And I stood there wanting to go in that direction but everyone else wanted to walk in the other direction. Sometimes they need to learn by their mistakes so they realize mom knows best lol.

I'm glad that we've never eaten at the pizza window. In fact, we usually avoid pizza at Disney.
Steve and I do too, with the exception of Via Napoli. Even Ricky rarely eats pizza there and only ate it on this night because as a teenage boy he needs to eat often, and will usually eat whatever he can get! Chris is the only one who will eat pizza by choice down there.

eenage boys are the worst.....honestly! If they had just listened to their mother (mine never do) they would have had something to eat AND you two would have had a little choice.
Every once in awhile I find myself saying to them, "See? I DO know what I'm talking about!"
Did you get a margarita??? I swear I would have been so aggravated by that point, I would have just sucked one back...lol!
Oh I was aggravated, but I was also exhausted. I thought about getting a margarita but sadly I did not. Honestly I knew I couldn't enjoy it and drink it leisurely lol, because as soon as they all finished eating (including Steve!) they wanted to run back to the room. And since I was tired I kind of did too, so the drinking was going to have to wait!

Avoid the pizza window... noted! :rotfl:
OH above everything else, avoid that window!!!

I'm glad Picabu will be close for us, just in case... Plus I just realized we'll need to eat somewhere the night we go from Universal to the Dolphin...
I've read tons of great reviews of Picabu so I'd say that's a great option for you guys that night.

Fairly certain that the "woods" used to have a small pond there... think I can see it in this picture!
I see it! And the pond is actually in my picture too, it's beyond the dried out grass and it's brown :laughing:

I actually loved the view and the tranquility but we joked that we were actually in the Dolphin instead of the YC!
LMAO very true about actually being at the Dolphin! It's not a horrible location, it would just be better if they moved the lobby and made it a bit closer to that particular room :D

The first time I saw the Yacht Club and the Boardwalk illuminated at night on that trip, I legit wept.
I believe you, it's beautiful. While WL has my heart the thing I love most about staying at the Epcot resorts is walking back from one of the parks after dark and seeing it all lit up. It's truly magical :love:
was the Crew's Cup Lounge not serving any longer at that hour? Boo!
It was open, but after 10 they go to a "late night menu" which is very small. A salad, cheese plate, shrimp cocktail and tomato and mozzarella sandwich. Steve and I would have been fine but not the boys. EVERYTHING goes down at 10 :headache:

And that pizza might have been good if you'd just downed a couple margaritas first :rotfl2:
You would have to down enough margaritas to pass out and have someone shove the pizza down your throat, so that you weren't even aware you were eating it to make it not so bad :crazy2:

The dreaded Boardwalk pizza window, I have heard many negative reviews! At least the atmosphere was nice on the Boardwalk.
True about the atmosphere, and true about the negative reviews!

Did you think the YC was more noisy with the hard floor surface or was it okay. It makes me worry you will hear all footsteps if someone is above you!
This was our first stay at YC but I didn't think it was any noisier than resorts with carpet. We didn't hear anyone above us and when Steve and I were up earlier than the boys, us walking around didn't seem to wake them up :) I do prefer carpeted rooms, though.

Checking in! :wave2:
Hey Kelly! Glad you're here :goodvibes

What did you think of the newly renovated rooms at the YC? I have never stayed there but I always thought the decor of the old rooms was cute.
This was our first stay! We've stayed at BC and BW. I thought they were nice, loved the bathrooms and we always like having the Murphy bed. The one in the YC rooms is different than the ones in other deluxe resorts as it doesn't pull down from under the TV (really wishing I did take pictures!) I just like carpet. It feels homier and with the hardwood flooring you end up stepping on every little thing, like chip crumbs your kids drop lol. I liked the curtains but basically that was all the "decor" in the room. I think with many of the resort room refurbs they're cutting down on the themed decor :(

Love, love, love the BW at night!! Did you not get a margarita?? What gives? :laughing:
Ugh, I know!! I needed the night to be over :faint: Everyone was so tired and cranky, including me at that point, we all just wanted to eat and go to sleep! Not our finest moment lol

:confused3 your family should listen to you more you know best about Disney!
Maybe you should send an anonymous letter to my house and tell them that? :P

Yikes that is certainly a rough start to the trip, but at least you weren't scavenging for food in a tent at CBR which I think was on the docket once wasn't it :-)
OMG can you imagine my crew if we did stay there?? Closed up food tent by the time we got there, closed food trucks, one small former resort room turned into a grab n go room with chips and hummus and pretzels :laughing:

I'll be sure we never invibe enough the boardwalk pizza window sounds like a good idea. Sounds horrible. Thanks for at least saving us from a picture :P
The only good thing about you guys getting too tipsy and accidentally trying the BW pizza window would be the hilarious pictures of all of you spitting the pizza out in your dining report ;)

I have stayed in that wing and it is a loooong walk in the best of circumstances. So sorry arrival night wasn't stellar.
We had a similarly room at BWV on our last stay there that was like, the farthest away we could possibly be. It's worse when it's late at night and you're tired but hey, someone has to have those rooms! And at least it was only 2 nights so it wasn't really that bad but if it were for our whole stay I think some of us would have been annoyed lol.

I've never investigated Picabu - making a mental note it is 24/7.
I never even gave it a thought until this trip when I was investigating where to eat after 10! But it looks like a great option.

Looking that up on maps, it doesn't seem that far of a walk.
It's not! But if you don't want to hear that, you know, you don't :mad: If you walk out of the YC and go right both the Swan and Dolphin are pretty close!

Duely noted...do not, at any costs, get pizza from BW.
DW and I make our own home-made pizza, so I'm kinda a pizza snob anyway, but we will definitely stay away from this.
We technically are picky about our pizza because NY pizza is hard to beat. Steve makes pizza a few nights a week at his friends restaurant and if I do say so myself, his pizza is pretty darn good!

I always love when my family complains like I have a magic wand and can fix it :sad2:
lol right? When something we plan goes right we get no credit; but if it goes wrong, it's all our fault!

We made the mistake of trying the pizza years ago when we stayed at the BWI. I agree not good at all.
Not good on any planet. If it were the last food on earth I would eat my hair.

I love the carpet and constellation curtains.
So cute!

I'm back and I'm HERE!! Sorry we didn't get to meet up that one day but I'm sure our paths will cross in the future.
Welcome home! For a couple weeks at least! I was bummed we couldn't meet up and I wanted the boys to meet you, but I also didn't want to make them go to MK when they wanted to go to Epcot. But I'm sure we will meet up again :goodvibes It looks like you and all your family had a wonderful time.

Ha, our flight was crazy delayed. We did not get to Disney until close to 11:30pm
When I saw that on FB I was like "oh, man". Loved the picture of your Steve's face on DME, he looked thrilled lol.

I have never eaten from the pizza window but now I'm kinda scared to! I'm sure you are a little spoiled from NY pizza which is the best pizza in the world, right? LOL so other pizzas just don't compare. So I rarely eat pizza outside of home. Although Via Napoli is pretty good.
NY pizza is the best, without a doubt! It's very hard to find any pizza comparable anywhere so yes, we rarely order pizza outside of NY, NJ or CT. We do like the pizza at VN too :)

I can't wait to stay at YC in two weeks!! T
I hope your room is a little closer to the lobby than ours was, but it's nice having brand new, clean, refurbed rooms!

Your arrival night sounds almost as bad as ours...just minus the rain!
LMAO I laughed at your arrival night when I read about it but it's not so funny anymore!

Sorry for all the bad attitudes but it seems to be a common theme around here on arrival night (cough*my DH*cough). Here's hoping it gets better!
:sad2: Luckily like your trip it did. We had some bumps but........good times too :goodvibes

I hope you had a wonderful trip. I can't wait to read all about it.
:thanks: and thanks for joining me again, glad you're here!

That title!
:laughing: Before I leave for my trips I wonder what I'll call my TR when I get back, and somehow while we're there they always come to me. This title is from 2 attractions which you may have figured out, but I'll explain! I do think it's kinda cool myself :D

What a start--thank goodness you made it though, and I agree with the others, hope there was a margarita involved for you!
Now that everyone here is telling me they wish I had a margarita I wish I could go back and have one :car: Honestly I was so tired, aggravated, hungry etc. I just........didn't. I wouldn't have enjoyed it. Now a few shots of tequila might have made me feel better and forget the night, but a margarita I want to relax with and enjoy. I did enjoy some other adult beverages on the trip though, no worries!

I HATE packing, I always want to GET to Disney and I have grand ideas for WHAT I'm going to pack, but I'd love to hire someone to do the actual job lol. I hope you got it done today!
All done, except hubby's shorts, which just came out of the dryer, so I'm going to pack them before heading to bed ☺

:thumbsup2 I think it's going to be so weird with it closed, I'm not looking forward to experiencing that in Nov. when we go. You'll have to do a TR and tell us how it is :sad2:
I will definitely do that. I'm not sure what we're going to do with so much time planned at DHS..... ride TSMM all the time, I guess :rotfl2:

Does this look familiar to those of you with kids?? What the heck did we do in airports before all the electronics???

Hilarious. I was thinking about this actually on our trip because DD pulled out her phone (as did I) even when in line for rides etc. and I was thinking, man how did our parents manage without these things...but now the kids have zero attention span, and zero initiative to think of creative ways to ward off boredom...not sure which is worse lol

Sorry about the bad pizza upon late arrival...too bad no one listened to you lol

Signing up! Your first night made me smile... we always arrive late in the evening after a 9 hour flight from the UK - its horrific when you're forced to go hunting for food!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter