Where are you staying and why?

Boardwalk one bedroom in August because we are taking my daughter's friend and I wanted separate sleeping areas. I also wanted to be in the Epcot area so the girls could walk to the two parks. The one bedroom was cheaper than getting two separate rooms.

Husband and I only trip in December, we are staying at Saratoga Springs studio because we enjoy going to Disney Springs in the evening and I've been wanting to really stay there. We usually stay at Yacht Club so these will be our first experiences with DVC rooms.

We decided to book at cabin at Fort Wilderness. Wilderness Lodge is my favorite resort and we have always enjoyed going over to Fort Wilderness to explore the grounds, enjoy the ranch, and do Hoop Dee Doo Revue. My daughter has really gotten the camping bug but I'm a little too high maintenance to actually go camping. The idea of sleeping in a sleeping back inside a tent is far from appealing for me nor do I wish to share a bathroom with a bunch of strangers. More power to those of you who aren't as ridiculous as I am and enjoy that sort of thing - I wish it was my thing. So, anyway, cabins it is! We can't wait to go horseback riding at the ranch and take long walks down the path. We are already planning which days will be park days and which days we will just hang out at Fort Wilderness.

After that, my daughter and I are going to have a girls-only trip and I thought it would be nice to stay in a Royal Guest Room at Port Orleans Riverside. That was the first resort she stayed in, but she doesn't remember much at all from that resort because she was only 2 (interestingly enough, she remembers things from the trip, just not much of the room). I think she'll love seeing things like the faucet that looks like Aladdin's lamp, the magic carpet on the ground, the dog/footstool from Beauty and the Best, etc. as well as going to sleep as the fireworks go off on her headboard.

She's also doing a daddy-daughter trip with my husband before these other two trips. They are staying at POFQ because they both want to stay there and I have no desire at all. I'm sure they'll have a great time.

May 2019 - Bay Lake Tower: It's hubby's birthday and it's his favorite.
September 2019 - Beach Club: Love the pool and it'll be perfect swimming weather... plus, easy access to Food and Wine
November 2019 - AKL - Kidani: It's my son's 2nd birthday and my dad's birthday trip! It's my favorite and my son lovessss the animals. :) Grandpa is happy anywhere. :laughing:

Pop. We only really use the room to sleep, so no need to splurge for better resort amenities. I like Pop over the All Stars for the newer rooms, better location, and the Skyliner should be open by our trip.

I haven’t decided yet. My next WDW trip is march 2020 so I’m waiting to see if I can get a room only discount.

I’m leaning toward CBR, just because I haven’t stayed there before. But if I can get a good enough deal at AKL, I’ll probably take that for part of the trip at least. I LOVE animal kingdom lodge, it was the resort I fell in love with when I very first started thinking about WDW - as a kid I went to DL so WDW was never even on my radar until I was an adult. I just love the themeing and ambiance of AKL, it’s really beautiful

Staying at CBR. Only my second trip and I stayed at Pop before. I wanted to try a Mod this time. I actually meant to book CSR but booked CBR by accident lol I am thinking it is of a happy accident. I am going the first week of September 2019.

Staying at POP this coming January 12-19.
First want to experience renovated rooms (last stay at POP was 2013). second getting to ride the Skyliner. Third saving $ so we can do a tour. Fourth not in room much.

CSR in Sept/Oct. It was the only moderate available with the free dining promotion when i booked (other than a CBR pirate room) and i have not stayed there in 10yrs. I am excited to check it our again with the new additions.

Staying at POP this coming January 12-19.
First want to experience renovated rooms (last stay at POP was 2013). second getting to ride the Skyliner. Third saving $ so we can do a tour. Fourth not in room much.

Ooo I’m curious about the renovation and the gondolas, it’s actually why I would consider POP.

I did ask my TA for a quote for POP as well as CBR and AKL

Let us know how it is! :)

Coronado Springs. My family has never been able to afford anything more and this is breaking the bank a bit. My parents are paying for the trip for me and my older sister as a college graduation gift. They were kind enough to consider I need a gym for my training, which is why we chose CS...Cheapest hotel with a gym :teeth:

My husband and I are staying at Pop Century from May 20th - May 25th! We wanted to stay at a moderate but my husband and I don't have the patience to sit still and enjoy the resort when we are itching to get into the parks! If our vacation was longer, then absolutely we would have selected a Moderate, but given the short nature of our trip, we went with Pop Century since we are pretty much paying for a place to shower and sleep!

Also, my husband and I have been together for 10 years and will be celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary during our trip! The first time my husband ever went to Disney with me and my family we all stayed at Pop Century, so there is a bit of sentimental value! We are really excited to see the new room refurbishment as well!

Over the years I have moved around to a lot of different resorts. Starting off BC was home and still in many ways feels like home. However, over the years we have branched out and I am happy to say we now have several locations that I am happy to call home. In addition to BC I have stayed at CR, GF, PVR, AKL, BLT, WL, POFQ, CSR, S&D onsite and Holiday Inn DS, Waldorf and Hilton Bonnet Creek offsite (sorta).

Of those I now consider BC, CR, and the Swalphin home. I tend to stay at the Swalphin more than anything since I am a Marriott Platinum member.

Why I stay there? Well the number one for me is convenience. Easy to get to a park if not two from most of the Deluxe Resorts above. My second factor is price. While the Deluxe Resorts up there aren't cheap I do think you have to factor in paying a higher price for the convenience of the location of the resort. When I have stayed at the moderates or offsite it is usually because of price.

next trip Mar 2020; girls trip. One of the girls has horrible motion sickness and can arrive at the parks ill from the bus rides, so we look for something with some alternative transportation. I'm thinking anything on the monorail or BWI. We're not Stormalong Bay fans, so YC/BC are out. I'm intrigued by the idea of CBR with the gondolas; however, the bus loop for MK or EP may have the one sick before we get out of the resort.

Port Orleans Riverside. There will be 9 of us so have one room to sleep 5 and one for 4. If it was just the four of us would normally stay at Pop Century. Got free dining also. Going in July

I'm staying at Beach Club with DH and 12yo DD early July. DH hasn't accompanied us on our last two WDW trips. We (meaning "I") chose BC for a number of reasons. It's new to us; we've never even visited it for a meal, etc. I wanted to stay deluxe because we're planning a lot of resort time and it'll make the trip more enjoyable for DH. He enjoys Disney, but not at my level. Beach Club had one of the best deluxe room prices under the free dining deal (which was more cost effective for us than the room-only discount). Stormalong Bay was enticing. DD is over the moon about being able to walk over to Epcot in the evening. I'm sure she's planning for ice cream in France most nights. :)

Next trip will be Boulder Ridge. Love entire WL resort. Best room I've ever had at WDW (and I've stayed at many deluxe and mods) was Copper Creek Villa--maybe because I was first person to stay in newly renovated room! Like more secluded location of BR so decided to try, plus can't complain with 40%+ off rate with AP. Finally, any way I can get more time at Geyser Point with a drink in hand and a seat right by the water.

Next trip we are staying at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village savanna view for 5 days. My teens love it and there is nothing like having your Joffrey's coffee on the balcony and watching the Kevin like bird (sorry no clue what it is called) running all over the place first thing in the morning.

Then we are going to OKW for 4 nights. We have never stayed there and I am a bit worried about it. My daughter has mobility issues and the stairs could be a big problem, but I am looking forward to trying a new place to us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter