Where Can a Guy Go for a Decent Cup of Coffee?

DVC_Dreamer

If you can dream it, you can do it. Always remembe
Pre-Trip Report - 36 days to go before our split stay at BLT and BWV in a two bedroom suite.

Last year, we stayed for our first time at BLT. I'd planned to take my coffee beans and make my own coffee. Well, I forgot my beans and learned I'm extra lazy on vacation. Not only do I not want to cook even with the full kitchen, I didn't care to even make a pot of coffee.

The drink stations are great for soda but the coffee is so-so. It tastes like instant coffee. By the end of our BLT stay, I did find myself drinking it and "getting" by.

I know coffee is a must for many. This past October, in CT, we had a horrible snow storm that knocked out power for over a week for some. The first morning after the storm, we had one grocery store open on a generator. I was concerned about the lines for water, bread and etc. To my amazement, the only long line was in front of the coffee kiosk and those people looked depressed. I learned the importance of coffee to people that day.

Cool to see Starbucks has inked a deal with Disney Parks. Don't know where the kiosks will be yet or when in WDW.

How do you all get your coffee fix at WDW?

I take my Keurig, one I bought for the sole purpose of taking to WDW.

You can't get a good cup of coffee in WDW. Looks like that's not going to change anytime soon. :rotfl2:

Yup, purchase a personal/mini Keurig and bring it with you :thumbsup2 Although Kona Cafe had some great coffee. But that certainly isn't convenient to grab a cup everyday!

I manage to muster enough energy to make my coffee in the morning. ;)

I bring my Dunkin' Donuts French Vanilla coffee and fluted filters and I'm in Disney Morning Heaven. :surfweb: :cloud9:

I make my own with coffee I bring from home because it's the only thing that satisfies me.

I won't cook on vacation, but I will make coffee!
We bring our favorite (ground) coffee from home and some filters and brew our own.
One of my favorite things about the DVC villas is being able to enjoy a cup of coffee out on the balcony before my kids get up - especially with a savannah view at AKV!

We too bring our own ground coffee and filters. But at the AKL in February they had changed to a Senseo pod machine, so we brought our own selection. Also, they'll make a strong cup for you in Morocco.

Since you forgot your own and need help finding "good" coffee, there is a coffee station on the boardwalk itself that serves I believe Barnies. Not sure when they open though. Staying at BLT, I would say Kona cafe in the Poly has good coffee. DTD has a few coffee stations too that serve Barnie's.

There are several Publix and Super Walmarts near by that if you are driving, you could pick some up there to brew your own. They do sell coffee in the little stores in the resorts to brew your own but it's really super expensive IMO.

We also bring our own coffee and filters for DH's pot of mornine coffee. Not a problem for this Diet Coke girl.

Oh great, the blending of Starbucks with Disney prices. Does anyone else think this also foreshadows all Disney beverage prices in their restaurants and parks going even higher?

I'll stick to brewing coffee in the villas.

While you are at the BLT, there is a coffee place (with real coffee) on the first floor of the CR. When we stayed there it was right near the bus stop.

While you are at the BLT, there is a coffee place (with real coffee) on the first floor of the CR. When we stayed there it was right near the bus stop.

Right, it' sort of out of the beatn path. Forgot about that. Thanks

Thanks to all for the great coffee tips!

I thought a little more about my coffee "issue" from last year and lazy was not my only excuse.

- I had problems with the coffee maker. Not sure if it was user error or mechanical. They did send me another one.
- I was at MK till 3am. I slept too late and in my rush, missed coffee that day.
- If I wait too long and DW is ready to roll, I've missed my window of opportunity. DW loves rope drop and we must roll. I prefer coffee while sitting.:) I like to get up before everyone else and relax with coffee.

No worries. I actually can function if I miss my cup o' Joe.

KONA CAFE!:cool1:

Interesting.

I'm staying at BLT first 3 nights. Could I get up early, take a ride on Monorail, stop off at Poly and Kona and then head back over to CR? Could be fun. I wonder if I could do it all before everyone else is up out of bed and still make MK opening?

I like this adventurous idea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!