Where can I get an EVC?

glo

Has a heart bigger then all of
I think this is what the call those motorized carts. My mother has Lupus and the arthritis symptoms have gotten real bad. She is goign with us next Dec. to WDW for 9 days. I know there are some at the parks, but I want to make sure that she can alsways have one. I would also like to get one a little better than those offered at Disney. Can someone help me with where to rent, and about how much it will cost?

Any other suggestions would be great. We will have a minivan, so we can move it around. Also, how do you get a handicap sticker or card so you acn park in the handicap area? Because I know she won't be able to get on any of the trams.

cheer_jumper_md_wht.gif

<font size=3><font color=red>
<marquee> Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</font></font></marquee>
<font size=4><font color=green>HAPPY <font color=red>HOLIDAYS<font color=red>!
<font color=red>15 times to Disney 3 on-site
<font color=green>Next visit Dec. 2001 to the Swan</font><center

Welcome Glo,
You can search this board using the word "ECV" for lots of info. The vendors most mentioned are Walker Medical, Care Medical and Randy's. The cost is around $30/day or $180/week. All vendors deliver and pickup at your hotel. I have been happy with Walker 1-888-726-6837. The numbers for the others can be found in some postings.
I'm sure someone has the link.
Good Luck

Nanajo DVC 8/98

Offsite 5/78
Contemp 11/85
BWV 3/99
OKW 11/99
BWV 3/01
OKW 11/01

Thank you I appreciate the help!

cheer_jumper_md_wht.gif

<marquee> Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</font></font></marquee>

glad to have your questions. When I get home tonight, I'll find the phone numbers for the other ecv providers and post it if no one else has before then.
I noticed your Swan cheerleader and assume you are staying there. I don't know if they use the same WDW bus system, but she will be able to bring an ecv on the WDW buses (most have lifts)or the monorail. Most ecvs will fit on the bus lifts; if you intend to take the bus, talk to the ecv provider about that when you arrange the rental.
WDW used to issue their own handicapped parking permits for use in their lots, but they stopped doing that about 5 years ago. She will need a handicapped parking permit issued by the state she lives in. If you park there without one, it is possible that you might get a ticket. She should talk to her doctor about obtaining one if she doesn't already have one. The doctor will have the correct forms and information for her state. She can get one even if she doesn't have a car or license. If, for some reason, you are not able to get one, tell each parking attendant that you have an ecv. They do save some spots on the ends of rows, close to the park entrance for those situations.
Good luck and have fun.

SueM in MN
Co-Moderator of disABILITIES
cinderella08.gif
ˇ

Thank You! I thought you had forgotten me, but I can see I was wrong! I appreciate it greatly. :D

cheer_jumper_md_wht.gif

I have rented from Walker and have been very satisfied with their ECVs. They are much better than the ones that the parks provide. Also, I have used it for SeaWorld, Kennedy Space Center and for Gatorland. The ECV takes apart to fit in the back of the van. It only takes a few minutes to assemble or disassemble it.

The first time I used one, I asked the doctor for a temporary handicap permit. I only asked for one for a couple of months. Because of my knees, he was more than happy to do the paperwork.

Pat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!