Where can you get hair braided?

mrsmouse

Mouseketeer
We're going to WDW for 6 nights, then a 3-day Disney Cruise. I'm wondering where at Disney my DD's can get their hair braided prior to the cruise?

Anywhere at DD? OKW? Anybody know prices?

Thanks!

They are everywhere. At the Disney hotels, DTD and in the parks. Just ask or check around. Our DD has to have her hair done everytime. They are great.

Whether they still do it or not, I don't know, but they had a stand right outside of the Yacht and Beach Club. It was pricey!

Most of the onsite Disney Resorts have a stand by their pool. My girls had their hair wrap done this past Nov/Dec and it didn't stay in near as long as it had from our previous trip. Both has already came out. My oldest DD's stayed in over 6 months before it was yanked out by a classmate :(
Gerri

78 days... but who's counting!

I've read that braiding is $1-2.00 per braid.

How much is the wrapping? Is it per inch?

Thanks so much!

The wrapping is $1.50 per inch & then you pay for the beeds, etc that you want on the end. My DD had this done in Adventureland outside of Pirates of the Carribean. It cost us $23 in the end - Which is about average, I think. They also offered it by the pool at WL - same prices, I believe.

Are you expected to tip the people who do the braids/wraps? or is the price they tell you is all they expect? they work for themselves, right?? not sure on this one and don't want to seem cheap - my DD wants it done and her hair is past her shoulders. thanks!

Yes, it is $1.50 per inch for the hair wrap. We did tip, but the wrappers are CM's of WDW now. They used to be self employed when we were there in 1997, but now WDW hires them and trains.(according to the wrapper)
One of my DD cost $25. Her hair is to her shoulders and she had 4 beads 2 silver beads and 5 spacers with a charm of a dolphin.

My other daughter's cost $40. She has long hair (down past her bra strap) hers had her name spelled out and a charm of an angel.

I believe that they are usually at all the resorts around the pool.
Gerri

fostrmom2mny - yikes! But if your DD's loved it it was worth every dime.

We are staying offsite, so hope to see these people in the parks somewhere, I'll check around when I'm there. I'll be sure to tip him/her too - geeeesh their fingers must get tired...

Yes, the price for my oldest daughter was a bit steep, but she paid for it with her own $$
She loved it, but we were al disappionted tat they idn't stay in as long as the one tha she had wrapped in 1997. That one was in over three moths when a classmate yanked it out of hr head. YIKES!!
This one only stayed in around 6 to 7 weeks and it just slipped out.
We have all of them hanging on the girl's bullitin board in their room, but I've read where you can buy an alligator clip and clip them back in.
Gerri

Both my daughters had it done on our Dec. 99 trip. They had a stand at the pool at ASMo as mentioned above. Price was by the inch plus beads, etc. We did try to tip the CM but she refused to take it. Both of my girl's wraps lasted about 4 months when we took it out at the pediatrician's suggestion. (she thought it was too much weight for too long and could pull the hair out). ANYWAY...what grandma did was give each of the girls a silver chain to thread their beads and 'smiley face' charm on. Now both girls have a special keepsake from our first trip and wear it often.

My DD always has her hair wrapped at Downtown Disney. The stand is near Captain Jacks.

what is the difference between a wrap and a braid? Do they do both or is it mostly the hair wrap? Where can you get your hair braided??

I've not seen the hair wrap places do anything other than hair wraps. I would think that any of the resort salons could do hair braiding.

My 2 teen DD's had their hair braided at the YC Beauty Salon last summer. Much more expensive than the wraps, it cost $50 per person, and didn't last that long. They are small rows of braids close to the head, and some people refer to them as cornrows. One DD's lasted 6 days, the other 2 weeks. They loved it of course, and it was different for them than the wraps that they'd had done several times.

The braids do take some maintenance too. We had to put gel on the braids all the time, and wrap their hair with toilet paper at night for sleeping so that it didn't get as messed up. Not exactly what I wanted to be doing on vacation.:rolleyes:

I believe you can get the braids done at the resort salons. They are probably about the same price everywhere.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

i run one of the companies that does hairwraps on disney property...

i'll explain everything best i can..any other questions, just ask

the cornrow braids, as far as we know, are only available at the periwigs salon at YB club resort, by appointment only..make sure if you get them done, you use sunblock on your scalp.

the hairwraps are available in all 3 waterparks...all theme parks except epcot. and all resorts except DI (unless they have recently got one)...some of the resorts have temp. closed their stands due to lack of tourism, but i'm sure soon, they will be back. DTD and pleasure island have hairwraps stands also.

a hairwrap is a small section of hair, usually taken from behind the ear, and wrapped with up to four colors of floss...it is wrapped to the end of the hair and then beads are added. the price is $1.50 per inch, plus the price of beads. *(if you see a price different from this, please let me know).

All hairwrap artists are third party vendors...we are not technically cast members. we are contractors of disney. but not individually, but by the company the hairwrappers work for..as of 1996, all hairwrappers have to be licensed by the board of cosmetology.

as for tips...it is totally up to you. if you feel they deserve one, fine...but it is not necessary

well hope this helps you all...any other questions, please feel free to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter