Where did you get ready?

UpstartCrow

Earning My Ears
Hi, everyone! We currently have our wedding/“honeymoon” stay booked at the Polynesian (the hotel my fiancé and I stayed at the first time we went to Disney together, and on the trip where he proposed :lovestruc). The plan is that he’ll go and stay with his family the night before the wedding, and my maid of honor will stay with me at the Poly so we can get ready there in the morning. My other two bridesmaids and my mom are coming over in the morning for hair and makeup (and pictures/possibly video), and I’m starting to worry. First, about the space- I know the rooms at the Poly are big, but are they “five women getting ready for a wedding, a hair stylist, a makeup artist, a photographer and a videographer”-big? And second, about the lighting- I kind of recall the rooms there being on the dark side, especially by the bathroom. Starting to worry that might be a problem for makeup. I’m sure they bring their own lighting and everything, but I’m wondering if we should switch to a hotel that’s a bit brighter (BC or GF) for a few days. Or if we just need a bigger space altogether.

Anyone have any thoughts? Experiences?

Hi, everyone! We currently have our wedding/“honeymoon” stay booked at the Polynesian (the hotel my fiancé and I stayed at the first time we went to Disney together, and on the trip where he proposed :lovestruc). The plan is that he’ll go and stay with his family the night before the wedding, and my maid of honor will stay with me at the Poly so we can get ready there in the morning. My other two bridesmaids and my mom are coming over in the morning for hair and makeup (and pictures/possibly video), and I’m starting to worry. First, about the space- I know the rooms at the Poly are big, but are they “five women getting ready for a wedding, a hair stylist, a makeup artist, a photographer and a videographer”-big? And second, about the lighting- I kind of recall the rooms there being on the dark side, especially by the bathroom. Starting to worry that might be a problem for makeup. I’m sure they bring their own lighting and everything, but I’m wondering if we should switch to a hotel that’s a bit brighter (BC or GF) for a few days. Or if we just need a bigger space altogether.

Anyone have any thoughts? Experiences?

I think you'll be fine on space. We got ready at the contemporary and had myself, 3 bridesmaids, my mother, grandmother, and mother in law all in there to get ready and for hair and make up.

I don't think you'll have a problem with the lighting. The room we had on our honeymoon at the GF was actually darker than our room at the contemporary. The hair and makeup people will know what to do and the photographer will have the right equipment. Also we didn't get our hair and make up done in the bathrooms. They did us 2 at a time sitting by the sliding doors.

Last edited:
^THIS. They will have you sit in a chair by the window. I just had mine done in a studio at the Poly for our anniversary party, and Patricia LeJeune had no problem with the dim lighting in there.

We filmed our last music video with some of it in the room at the Poly. We didn't have any lighting and the lighting was perfect. The rooms aren't that dark - especially if it is bright outside. We weren't getting ready for a wedding but we had 7 girls getting ready for MNNSHP with make up, costumes and us videoing them. We had two rooms but their room was for all of the girls (ages 14-21) getting ready and it was fine.
I love the Poly for a wedding. We love that resort.

You'll be fine on space!! Plus, it's part of the fun. I got ready at a 2 bedroom Boardwalk villa. It was bigger space than we needed. In fact, my dad slept in the master bedroom while we got ready. :rotfl: Plenty of space!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter