Where did you have the best pizza in DW?

If you do, plan ahead and bring some baggies for the pizza, for the cooler bag.
LOL, the things we do for our kids. I remember packing in my suitcase 2 large boxes of Crackers and a couple cans of the cheese -in- a -can because I didn't want my kids to "starve". Aa they got older, I stopped giving in and decided they had to learn to either try something new or else. I understand you wanting to keep the routine of daily pizza. Hope you trip is everything you wish it to be!!!
Thanks! Good idea about the baggies!

Yes, kids with autism are hard to please sometimes! Since this trip is for and about them, I don’t mind accommodating. To be honest, they would starve if I didn’t “give in”. That’s the way Autism works, at least in our house!

I’m not sure I understand what that means. Is it sauce tomato and cheese just like a regular pizza but I’m a different kind of bread?
Some are as simple as that, cheese and sauce, while others come with more creative toppings. Typically rectangular, not a risen dough like pizza, a lot of restaurants serve them as an appetizers. I think any restaurant that offers flatbreads could make them simply with cheese and sauce, if you requested it. Disney does a good job accommodating.

I didn't care for the pizza at Via Napoli. I had the Margherita, it was below average. My husband had something with pepperoni and sausage it was just okay. I live in an area with a lot of really good pizza, so maybe I am just spoiled.

I don't think I had good pizza at all at WDW. We did at Cocoa Beach though.

Maybe we hit a bad night - but both my husband and I found the BW window pizza un-edible - I like Via Nap the best
Other than VN and Il Mulino we have not found pizza we consider good in Disney although we've had some good flatbreads. However I do have to say the BW pizza window pizza had to be the most vile stuff we've ever had that was called pizza! I suppose kids might not care although ours did, and I wouldn't suggest it to my worst enemy. Well I might, but not my 2nd worst enemy :D

not sure you saw my post about Wolfgang puck express pizza? You could also order a few extra and take those back to the room also

not sure you saw my post about Wolfgang puck express pizza? You could also order a few extra and take those back to the room also
Yes, thank you! I think my boys would eat flatbread. One son will eat chicken nuggets, which really opens up more options. I hate spending the money for a character meal if he won’t even eat at it, but I guess it’s the only way.

You may want to explore the touringplans.com menu search page. You can put in a specific food item to search for restaurants that serve it. You can also say if you want to search all restaurants or just table service etc. I just tried it with pizza and found several that have not been mentioned here. You will also find that some character buffet meals have pizza on the "kid's food" section of the buffet.

Call us crazy, but we don't think the pizza at WDW is that bad. The only place we had pizza that I didn't like was the food court at Coronado Springs - not the same doughy kind that's at the QS at other resorts or the parks.

Blaze Pizza at Disney Springs is good, and its also a chain. We wouldn't eat there because we have one at home, but for someone in a pinch, its good and consistently reliable. Wolfgang Puck Express and Via Napoli are also a little different than the kind you'd find in the parks or most other resort QS. I think all those are the same.

The flavor at Via Napoli is very good but the crust gets soggy in the middle, which we don't like. We always go for the flatbread at Mama Melrose, always crispy!

Yes, thank you! I think my boys would eat flatbread. One son will eat chicken nuggets, which really opens up more options. I hate spending the money for a character meal if he won’t even eat at it, but I guess it’s the only way.
If they eat flatbread then yes that is available at many places. Our son took one look at it and nope not happening!

Maybe we hit a bad night - but both my husband and I found the BW window pizza un-edible - I like Via Nap the best
Curious if this was recent? They changed chef's a few months back, and we found it to be much much better than it used to be.

Haven't read the entire thread, but we enjoyed Via Napoli and Mama Melrose for table service. Wolfgang Puck is VERY good to s quick service place. Pinocchio's Village Haus has decent quick service pizza. Haven't tried Blaze.

We have had a few at some restaurants. Like Via Napoli, flat bread at Pinocchio's, Boardwalk, but the best I had in the world was room service at Port Orleans Riverside. I would assume the pizzas are similar at other resorts. Great NY style foldable pizza.

I think this question would pertain more to people that dont live in either Chicago area and/or NYC area.

As anyone who lives in that region (myself included) would not eat Pizza in Florida (WDW or not).

I was going to say something along the lines of this since I'm from the Chicago-land area.

BUT since I saw it doesn't matter the quality .. I've heard good things about Via Napoli. My sister and her boyfriend like Blaze (I don't know why since we live around the block from some pretty good pizza joints :confused3), so I'd probably suggest that just because they like it.

I was going to say something along the lines of this since I'm from the Chicago-land area.

BUT since I saw it doesn't matter the quality .. I've heard good things about Via Napoli. My sister and her boyfriend like Blaze (I don't know why since we live around the block from some pretty good pizza joints :confused3), so I'd probably suggest that just because they like it.
For the Chicago side, there are a few Giordano’s that deliver to WDW resorts, so it’s possible to get a Chicago pie in FL.

While I understand it’s not everyone’s preferred style, Via Napoli uses imported flour and tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, so it is very close to an authentic Neapolitan pizza.(they sometimes offer the imported mozzarella)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitan_pizza

For the Chicago side, there are a few Giordano’s that deliver to WDW resorts, so it’s possible to get a Chicago pie in FL.
Giordano's was awesome 20 years ago, but pretty bad the last 2 times. I won't bring people there anymore!

Giordano's was awesome 20 years ago, but pretty bad the last 2 times. I won't bring people there anymore!
There was a definite drop 5 years back..I wonder if they cut trans-fat or just costs because they expanded too much?
Ive had better luck the past few years in FL. (Ie the crust a bit more buttery/flaky) but it may not be quite as magical as years ago.

I have 2 kids that only eat pizza.
Every.
Single.
Day.
So I’m compiling restaurants in each park that have pizza, and other good food for the non pizza eating members of our party.

Thanks!
We loved Blaze, it's a national chain but there is one at Disney Springs and it was fantastic! We also really liked the pizza from POP Century food court, which was 15.99 and a great deal compared to other options

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter