• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do the parades start?

tmp

Mouseketeer
The only time I have seen the parades was in 2002(DH not excited by parades and had to be bribed to watch them!)
I think I recall the daytime one(can't remember the name of it)coming from Fantasyland then into Main Street,and the evening one going the opposite way.
I know there will be no evening parade when we go but I am determined to see the 4 o'clock one and would be grateful for your tips on a good viewing spot.
Ideally if the parade starts in Fantasyland I would like to grab a place there and be able to get to some rides as soon as it has passed through.
I would also like to see the Cinema Parade at the Studios and info on viewing areas for that would also be helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

A good place to watch the parades is just in front of Small World or 'Little Italy' part of Fantasyland. Seems to have the smallest crowds for parade watching. However, check to see if there are any 'performance stops' in the parade you want to watch. If there are you are unlikely to see all the action by standing at one end of the parade route.

Regards

Rob

In fact, I'm starting to reconsider our October trip now that I know there is no evening parade! But back to your question. The afternoon parade starts in Fantasyland and winds to the left of Small World, past the Pooh Stage... and onwards to the Castle court, finishing on Main Street and disappearing after a circuit around the square.

We have watched the parade from quite a few vantage points, and I think the one I most enjoyed was right at the beginning of the parade route, near the stage area. I do think there is something exciting about watching a parade on Main Street though... but then I LOVE parades, so don't mind me!:rotfl:
Enjoy!
:flower: :) :flower: :) :flower: :) :flower:

Near the Castle and Main Street always has an atmosphere.

For ease of viewing we have found the start at Belle Nottre Pizza place idea.
Character interaction is good as floats often wait to build up gaps in the parade. :)

Reid

I find I get the best view for pictures on the corner of Main Street right before it goes round the central Plaza.

We watched the Halloween parade from the seating area opposite Pooh Stage last year, got front row and it was fantastic, I think I remember reading somewhere that the front 2 rows are reserved for children, but possibly that depends on how busy the park is.
I always find Central Plaza too crowded and no matter how early you get there to stake-out your place as it were, someone will always manage to push in front of you, I've no hesitation in letting kids go in front of me but I did get annoyed last year when a rather large lady tried to squeeze onto the pavement in front of us knocking my youngest over in the process, she was English which made the ensuing conversation much easier and suffice to say she moved on. :earseek:

For the night parades, check out were people have noted places to sede all three "transitions."

I think Main Street is fun for a parade. The parade goes down Main Street from the Castle towards the entrance. When it gets to the end of Main Street, it makes a loop around that little "island" with he statue on it before exiting. This probably sounds confusing, I'm not so good at describing this. If you look at a park map, it might be a bit clear. Anyways, I've found the area right towards the end of the loop, before the parade goes backstage, to be a usually less crowded area than most of Main Street. I think this area is great, since you actually sort of get to see the floats twice (once as the near the end of Main Street and once when it actually passes in front of you).

On my last visit, on day we were surprised to find the area in front of the Pooh Stage to be completely empty. We loved this spot. Plus, if you're a bit earlier, the benches come in handy for waiting! :)

We have watched the parade from the balcony of Main St station - in term-time admittedly - but we got a brilliant spot a very short time before the parade started. Otherwise I would always go up to the benches by Pooh's stage - the parades always go past here whether they start opposite the Pizzeria Bella Notte or in Town Square. Last Christmas we walked up Main Street which was already 3 or 4 people deep three-quarters of an hour before the parade started but when we got to the benches near the castle they were practically empty. We were also lucky that one of the parade stops takes place there so we were ideally placed to interact with the characters (this was Fantillusion). The area by Pizzeria Bella Notte is roped off and is also an excellent place to stand - we were practically the only people there last December for Fantillusion so all the characters came over to us when the parade stopped there. The Studios are much less busy so anywhere along the parade route will be good for the Cinema Parade though near the Magic Carpets ride is good because they all get off the floats there at the end and gather before waving goodbye so you see them all together and there may be some character interaction there.

We've always like the spot outside Small World too, it's nice to get a huge ice cream from Fantasia Gelati and eat it while you wait :)

On our last trip, we found a great spot at the beginning of Main Street, near the entrance, outside the Discovery Arcade. Despite the park being pretty crowded, we had this area all to ourselves, and had an amazing view. It might be worth investigating.

Thanks for the tips everyone.:teeth:
Will see how busy the areas recommended in Fantasyland are compared to the area by the Pooh Stage as these sound the most promising.
I am determined to see those parades.:)

I'm largely repeating what others have said, but most people who are not "in the know" seem to gather around Main Street and Central Plaza, which is the end of the daytime parade route. Watching at the beginning of the parade route near Pizzeria Bella Notte, we were able to sit on the benches there right up until the parade started, which was great for our tired feet (although this was a fairly quiet time).

Bear in mind that if you watch the parade in Fantasyland, when you've watched the parade you can dash off and get in the shorter queues for rides while the crowds are waiting for the parade down on Main Street.

Rhiannon :wizard:

Thanks for this post, Tina, I have been writing all the tips down in my notebook!:cloud9:

Thanks DisneyRGB that's exactly what I want to do-shoot off to the rides as soon as the parade has passed by.Fantasyland it is.:teeth:

Ware Bears I've got my trusty notebook out too.:)
Have got so many new tips from everyone its fantastic!

I love this board. :disrocks:

One thing I forgot to mention...it's nearly always close to completely empty in the area at the entrance to Fantasyland. A great spot if you don't get to the parade early and still want a spot right behind the parade ropes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter