where do we find out about all the extras-Princess

pixxi

Mouseketeer
I am bringing the family with for the Princess 10K and half marathon, I'm already having a hard time planning out the days for the family and trying to make sure I take care of my needs for the race too. I'm torn with being a mom/hanging with the family and being selfish saying this time is about ME and my race!

I keep seeing different info about additional things you pay for (pasta party, breakfast retreat), when do we find out able these extras since I would like to know if I would be interested and how it will impact my plans?

There is an after party (I saw something listed for the wine and dine race) is the included in the price or extra?

If we don't get chear packages, how would the family get to the finish area, if they wanted to see? I'd be a slow runner so I don't want them sitting for 3+ hours being annoying around other! For example can they take the bus to Epcot (after race buss is done-say 9am) before it opens and be able to get to the race area? My husband might come earlier and maybe the kids later with their 18 yr old sister. Or maybe they want to see me at MK and then go to Epcot....I just have so many unanswered questions!

I am bringing the family with for the Princess 10K and half marathon, I'm already having a hard time planning out the days for the family and trying to make sure I take care of my needs for the race too. I'm torn with being a mom/hanging with the family and being selfish saying this time is about ME and my race!

I keep seeing different info about additional things you pay for (pasta party, breakfast retreat), when do we find out able these extras since I would like to know if I would be interested and how it will impact my plans?
I think the pasta party and breakfasts don't happen anymore. The race retreat is available for purchase under the registration section of the Princess Half page on runDisney.com.
There is an after party (I saw something listed for the wine and dine race) is the included in the price or extra?
The after party is for Wine & Dine only...Princess doesn't have something like that.
If we don't get chear packages, how would the family get to the finish area, if they wanted to see? I'd be a slow runner so I don't want them sitting for 3+ hours being annoying around other! For example can they take the bus to Epcot (after race buss is done-say 9am) before it opens and be able to get to the race area? My husband might come earlier and maybe the kids later with their 18 yr old sister. Or maybe they want to see me at MK and then go to Epcot....I just have so many unanswered questions!
A few options for them. If they want to sleep in and come see you at the finish, they can take the official race transportation to Epcot and wait for you there (assuming you're staying on property). If they want to see you in MK they can do that - again, taking the official race transportation - which stops at 5AM so they'd need to be up EARLY and would be waiting for a bit on Main Street. No ticket required for that.

Also, just wanted to let you know that there's a thread here dedicated to Princess weekend here in the runDisney section. Come join us there!! :)

I think the pasta party and breakfasts don't happen anymore. The race retreat is available for purchase under the registration section of the Princess Half page on runDisney.com.

The after party is for Wine & Dine only...Princess doesn't have something like that.

A few options for them. If they want to sleep in and come see you at the finish, they can take the official race transportation to Epcot and wait for you there (assuming you're staying on property). If they want to see you in MK they can do that - again, taking the official race transportation - which stops at 5AM so they'd need to be up EARLY and would be waiting for a bit on Main Street. No ticket required for that.

Also, just wanted to let you know that there's a thread here dedicated to Princess weekend here in the runDisney section. Come join us there!! :)

They can come see you at finish by taking official race transport to Epcot. The buses do run after 5a but there is a pause for like 45 min where no buses run. Once they get to Epcot they can take monorail to TTC/MK to see you run thru that area if they so choose but set up what side of street and where bouts they will be as it get crowded on MS. I by luck or whatever got to watch runners run by castle this past year as I was waiting for my Crystal Palace res. and had really no one around me. If they just want to be at finish area there are "free" bleachers that they can sit in but I found them full down towards front if they go higher up no issues at all. Or you can buy cheer squad which gets them goodies and depending on pkg. reserved bleachers which were almost empty by time I got back to Epcot. They also could watch along boardwalk ( wish my hubs would do this).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter