Where do you get the money to go on Disney Trips??

bride03

Mouseketeer
Do you ever get this question from family and friends. It's so annoying. Just because my husband and I are in college doesn't mean that we can't save up for a trip like anyone else!!! I hope there are others out there and if so...how do you respond???? :confused3

i get this one all the time...i got an annual pass for christmas and basically pay for airfare and split the room with a friend or two...i save my money like crazy ---i dont see why other people have to make it their business..u know?

Blueeyes101817 said:
i dont see why other people have to make it their business..u know?

I never know what to say...am I supposed to give them a budget layout?!!! LOL. :sad2:

I work a second job and that money is specifically for vacation money or whatever extra I feel like buying. It's none of their business and obviously you aren't sneaking your way into the parks of anything, sounds like they might be jealous.

Haha...Disney is just important to me. So, I save money when I get it to be able to go. Disney isn't all that expensive. Once you go a few times, you figure out how to cut costs.

Some people choose to spend their money on fancy cars, or remodeling their house and things like that. My family chooses to spend it on WDW :cool1:. Plus its not really any of their buisness :earboy2: .

My DBF and I have been hearing that since we booked our trip for May... It costs as much as a Spring Break vacation to some tropical destination would! We just choose to spend the money going to WDW ::MickeyMo

We don't go out much.
The tax refund decides WDW or DL.
Every bit goes to Disney vacations.
My 11 yr. old DS doesn't ask for McD or ect.
He knows we're going to Disney. :banana:
Oh! I almost forgot every once in while sell on ebay or garage sale.

Yes definately! Honestly, I think the people that are always asking this question are just jealous? Tell them you work and save it, no mystery there. IMO, if you work, the money is yours to do with what you choose. For those of us that can't get enough of Disney, it makes us happy. Life is about being happy! :goodvibes

Renee

I never really had to worry about this problem because my parents would take care of that.

However, now, I believe it's fair that I should pay for my own ticket (unless it's a gift from my mom or she is being very generous - which she is, most of the time - she's never made me pay for a park ticket if we went on a trip together).

I have the Disney credit card, and I will use the Rewards Dollars to pay for my park tickets. So far I have saved up $35! You should apply for one, I believe it has the best rewards program in credit cards. :earsboy:

Try planning a wedding and getting this question. I always get "shouldn't you be saving for your wedding?" or "wow, you must make a lot of money!" No, DF and I have an extra day left from 2003 when we were there. Then if you add Southwest with cheaper airfare, staying for free with his grandparents, and only buying one more day at the parks, it's not too bad. But again, I desparately want to say "it's none of your busines!!!!"

Ugh, I know how you feel. I got married Dec 2003 and went to Disney for my honeymoon. I got the same questions. My Dad even gave me a hard time because he thought that I should pay for my own wedding since I had the money to pay for my honeymoon. I won't go off on that though.

I see it as...if you really want something, you will make sacrifices to get there. Some people think it's a million dollars to go to Disney and have no desire for traveling.

spending money comes from...garage sales, bottle refunds, rebate checks and spare change! It's amazing how quickly it all adds up!

I get my money to go from tax returns and spare change. Everytime I have a bunch of change building up on the dryer, in the couch, or in my lab coat pockets I throw it all in a jar as well as any extra cash I may have come pay day in Mickey Mouse Jar. I also got the Disney Credit card and have gotten a bunch of spending money from that for WDW. Putting books on it then pay it off right away works really nice!

As for others asking me where I get the money, I just tell them it is my money I can spemd it the way I please. I know I am going to be getting some big bills in professional school but I am saving for that too. I don't get that question a lot though my parents agree with me as they know I am a bit of a scrooge. Also after 5, soon to be 6 trips to WDW and DCL all while in College, you really do learn some tricks to saving a lot of money while in WDW. PM me if you want a list of some suggestions.

Minnesota
Minnesota Colleges and University System

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter