Where do you get your kids princess dresses to wear in the park?

TeamSy

DIS Veteran
My 2 1/2 year old is making her princess demands on who she wants to dress as each day. I can’t see her lasting in them more than the character breakfast. We were at Disney store yesterday and I couldn’t see forking over that much for something she will wear for an hour and grow out of by next year. Any recommendations? Amazon seems to have a ton but I don’t know what sellers are good! What do you like?

Mom Approved Costumes is where we have bought all of DD outfits. They are super comfy and she wears them all day ( heck sometimes shes sleeps in them lol). They also hold up really well and are easy to clean because they are machine washable.

Mom Approved Costumes is where we have bought all of DD outfits. They are super comfy and she wears them all day ( heck sometimes shes sleeps in them lol). They also hold up really well and are easy to clean because they are machine washable.

Thanks is that on amazon or an online store?

We buy ours from Dollcake, they aren't actual Disney dresses some are "inspired" we love them. They are amazing quality and beautiful.
Be aware that the cheap ones are itchy and hot. If you buy a good quality dress they can wear it all day with no worries.

I bought Disney dresses from Penneys when on sale. Also, if you live near a Disney store, I have found "Last year's design" on clearance,bought big and definitely got money's worth. If you want dresses that work well, but not as fancy check Target. They carry a nice assortment.

I've ordered Disney themed dresses from Etsy and we've received tons of compliments on them, but some of those Etsy stores can take weeks (sometimes months) to get.

We loved the dresses purchased in the parks (not Disney Store). They held up for years (buy a size up to extend the wear), were washable (on delicate then airdry, and my girls never complained about itchiness. They were pricey, but imo, worth it for the handful we had. They rarely wore them all day in the parks though.

For those that used trish scully. Are they heavy? We are going in September but the sale is tempting

For those that used trish scully. Are they heavy? We are going in September but the sale is tempting
Definitely heavier than most of the cheap dresses you buy, but my daughter will wear it a long time. I was shocked by how well made they were. Underskirt, the crinoline is sewn in to make the skirt fuller, and then the over skirt and lace layer (on the rapunzel dress). But, not very heavy in my opinion

As another alternative, we have bought several fancy nightgowns from Kohl’s which look very nice. My daughter wears them all the time.

I normally get their dresses from momapprovedcostumes.com (they love the little adventurers brand on there. Nothing itchy, no glitter, etc.). But for Disney I got some some short dresses from Presley couture (also on Jane.com once in awhile). For $14 each, i figures these are easier getting on/off rides and in/out of stroller than a dress with a long skirt!

Another question- do they sell tiaras separately? Not sure what hair styles there are and what my daughter will choose so I don’t want to buy one in advance in case we don’t need it. (She currently wants to get the malicifent dress so who knows 😅)

You can find princess dresses at your local Walmart or Target that are most likely going to be cheaper than some of the sites recommended. Also, Amazon is always a good choice, I always just sort by prime and make sure it's something that I can get a quick delivery on. Consignment would be another good option if you have some around you. If you are visiting Disney after Halloween, check for sales! All the princess costumes will go on sale after Halloween at the local stores.

You are so right that they grow out of them quickly and only tend to wear them for an hour or two at a time so I am in complete agreement with keeping costs down. I have one that's outgrown the princess stuff (she's now 9) and one that's just starting up. My 3 year old now wears all the 9 year old's dress up things which is great on our wallets! I would recommend a light outfit underneath to help with the "itchy" and when she's done, take it off and throw it in the backpack. Have fun!

We shop at Amazon, Target, The Disney Store, and the Parks. But we always buy the Disney branded dresses as they hold up they best. They usually have several tiers of outfits from $20 - $100. The ones in the $50 range our are favorite for not looking too cheap and holding up well. We pretty much have every princess at this point as thats all our daughter wanted as gifts for several years.

This is a good example of their $50 dollar line which can be found on sale frequently.

https://www.shopdisney.com/ariel-co...lter:false,sort:D-gross_margin&position=29,45

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter