Where do you see OKW in 10-15 yrs

walter

DIS Veteran
We just got back from 2 weeks staying at OKW and they were doing some exterior renovations to couple of buildings. Our building (in the South Point area) should some interior and exterior wear. Just wondering that with the erer increase in needed repairs, how will that be reflected in an extensive raise in the maintainence dues?

No doubt maintenance costs will rise over the years. I expect that to happen with just about anything. Keep in mind that a portion of your annual dues is for future capital repairs. I expect that Disney will work hard to maintain the standards of repair.

they have done maintence work since the beginning. that has not changed.

the only thing that are really expensive is the GV and the new pool.

we were not surpose to pay for the new pool.

but since I can't made the budget (we were given) to the amount I am being charged.

when I get there next week I will definitely ask for a reason.

also for some reason - the staff at OKW seems to have up. If we got better service no a problem. but the service has gone down not up.

there was a time when only a couple of people were on the landscaping crew - now there is at least a truck load probably more.

Hey, how old is DL? About 50 years old.. but still looks good. Disney will not allow things to be in disrepair... The maintence will increase but is still the cheapest one by far... Imagine the costs of AKV... WOW...

We've stayed at OKW several times over the last few years. I would say that it's never going to look as it did when it was brand new. That's really tough to maintain, even for my dear mother whose floors you could eat off of at any given moment. :laughing: However, I would see Disney keeping it up as they have their other older accomodations (i.e., the Contemporary). However, they have been members since 1994 and dues have only gone up modestly over the years. They were even flat and went down a few years in a row.

My SIL/BIL are DVC club memebers and own at OKW. During a recent stay, they complained, as their room was not up to "Disney" standards. Not only did the place look dirty (as if it hadn't been cleaned thoroughly), the couches looked worn and dirty as well. They complained to management and when they arrived for a subsequent trip in December, Disney went above and beyond. Their carpet had been cleaned (as it was still slightly damp), the room was spotless and a gift basket was left for their inconvenience. Fortunately, that level of service and experience has been the rule, not the exception. IMHO, I don't look for it to change, as Disney's always been first class! :thumbsup2

they have done maintence work since the beginning. that has not changed.

the only thing that are really expensive is the GV and the new pool.

we were not surpose to pay for the new pool.

but since I can't made the budget (we were given) to the amount I am being charged.

when I get there next week I will definitely ask for a reason.

Don't bother asking at the resort - the people you need to talk to are at DVC headquarters, not at OKW. Call or write member services and ask your question.

Spiceycat,

What you say is of interest to me, too !

Keep us posted re: the pool and service.

We were there in October and had great service

No problems !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter