where do you stand for the sailaway party?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
Shouldnt really use the word stand - more like bounce - lol
I believe when I cruised NCL last Dec, we were all up on the top deck in the back. Not sure where best spot is on the Magic and how far ahead youd have to be there. Or if it's possible to be there with all the Palos and Spa running around. Im planning on being outside somewhere with drink in hand. Or am I just obsessing too much again?

Forewarned is forearmed!
Just chalk your question up to good planning! Something all of us on the 9/28 had going til we got surprised with San Juan!

As for where to stand - where ever there is room. We like the upper deck and overlook the Goofy Pool with the band playing. That way we can wave at the Coast Guard helicopter, watch the band and feel the breeze as we sail past Two Palms onto open water.

Whatever you do and where ever you stand - enjoy this moment!
And be in time to hear the Ship's whistle - that's cool!

Rae

I love it! Someone who plans more than me, LOL! ;)
On our first cruise we were down at the party on deck 9,right in the middle of the action. On our second cruise I planned to stay up on deck 10 to relax and overlook all the action. However, due to lightning, we ended up "sailing away" in the atrium. I think it would be fun anywhere! Dont worry. :)

If you like a bit of relaxation rather than being in the midst of the crowd, head aft on deck 9 or deck 10. We used to go there frequently to blow bubbles and watch the sailaway in a quiet area. There are always some people there, but not a massive crowd.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I'm in the middle of the dance floor dancing away, always! :teeth:

Deck 10 bow enjoying my own version of Leonardo Dicaprio with my son! - and yes, blowing bubbles...

I was in the spa getting a massage when we sailed away!

Originally posted by CamColt
I love it! Someone who plans more than me, LOL! ;)

You hit the nail right on the head -- NO ONE plans more than imgoingtodisney - LOL!!!;)

And personally, we've been on 2 Disney cruises so far and we haven't been to the sailaway party yet! I'm with Barb -- a nice quiet place is fine with us. We'll save our partying for Rockin' Bar D!!!:Pinkbounc

aprilgail2 -

Thank you so very much for sharing Matthew's story with us.
The courage and kindiness of children just overwhelms me. This young man lived a full life in his short one and his generosity should put many adult to shame!

God bless you and all the Matthews in the world,
Rae

Originally posted by rae519
aprilgail2 -

Thank you so very much for sharing Matthew's story with us.
The courage and kindiness of children just overwhelms me. This young man lived a full life in his short one and his generosity should put many adult to shame!

God bless you and all the Matthews in the world,
Rae
Thank you...he was an incredible person and I miss him more than anything, we are working full time on the toy drive that is in his name this year and we hope to make him proud with it!

How early do you have to get there to be "in the middle of it all"?

My sister and I have 2 1/2 year old girls that LOVE to tear up the dance floor!! They will have a blast dancing and seeing the characters!!

Thanks for the input!!

Lisa

At the end of the life-boat drill, have a member of your group take all of your life jackets back to your room, while the rest head for the party.

You will be able to sit wherever you want. We have done this on two cruises.

Hi,

I made the mistake of having my nails done during my first sail away and missed being with my family and blowing bubbles and all....I learned my leason. Now, we always stand on the top deck above the adult pool looking out towards the port and the waving DCL castmembers! Matter of fact, I couldn't even tell ya what the view is on the otherside of the ship as we pull out....never been on that side!LOL!

Look for me Port side November 14th and Dec 1st!

Mmketeer :Pinkbounc

Deck 10 midships starboard side overlooking the Goofy Pool and the dance floor. We ended up there on our first cruise and we've stood there on every cruise since.

We go to the back of the ship outside of Topsiders and watch the ship sailaway in relative peace and quiet. Very few people are back there and we can enjoy our drinks, blow our bubbles and watch the ship go. Then we usually move to the front of the ship for a while as we get on the way. I don't know if we will do something different in March since we will have little ones this time.

Kathy

Hey,

Any place that there is a spot on board is a good place to stand in my book. It's certainly better than where I'm sitting right now.:smooth:

The only way to go is on the Goofy Pool dance floor dancing with family, friends and staff!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter