Where do you stay for only one night...last minute?

VickiVM

DIS Veteran
We have BCV booked for Sunday, 9/29 thru Friday, 10-4. There will be 6 of us. We are driving from San Antonio. I need suggestions of where to stay the Saturday night before our ressies begin at BCV in case we make it there that night. I've mapped it out so that we either drive from SA to Beaumont, TX Friday night. Then from Beau. all the way to Tallahassee and spend Saturday night - at a somewhat leisurely and reasonable pace. Or drive straight through to Orlando from Beaumont on Sat. and arrive around 11pm or midnight. BUDGET is the key work here since we'll either need a suite or 2 rooms.

If we stop in Ocala, we may be able to snag a good deal at AS, but want to know if you guys have anything better to suggest. Just need a place to sleep.

PS. Have DC...can I use it for discounts at DD resorts?

We drove straight through from ILL 1 year, coming in a day early (I was inspired?), and we call cro from the road, asked about deals for 1 nite and mentioned ap, dc, and got a spectacular rate at the gf for our 1 nite! I guess it was really low and they had a lot of empty rooms, worth a try, if you don't get to ocala. MKY;)

If you're looking for a room that night, do you still call CRO number, or the resort directly?

Vicki-

My sister and I also wanted a "cheap" night before our AKL ressies (beginning this Friday, 5/10) . I bid $40 for a Disney Area hotel on Priceline yesterday afternoon for 5/9...and my bid was accepted at the Doubletree Maingate Villas in Kissimmee. I believe we have a 1-bedroom villa (including kitchen and living room with pull-out couch). With tax and fees, it came to $50. Not bad for our cheap pre-night!! We will be able to sleep a little later, get to the AKL, and get to MK before it opens on Friday!

You can get other tips on what bids are being accepted in the Orlando area on www.biddingfortravel.com - I am not a huge Priceline fan for air travel, but I have found it to be invaluable for hotels and rental cars.

Good luck!:smooth:

Haven't driven down in awhile, but why not stay in Ocala? Nice town with good restaurants. Right by the Disney Welcome Center, I think there is a Budgetel hotel. Maybe someone on here can help with that. I know there is a great Hampton Inn about three minutes away. You could all get up early and be ready for your day at Disney. I think the drive on would be about 90 minutes.:)

We frequently drive over to O-town for single night stays. We tend to stay where the best deals are, and that is usually the All Star Music.:D

We were in Orlando for the night last week (DH had a meeting). I got out a Florida Travel Guide (the green discount book) to search for a room at an inexpensive price. We ended up staying at the Sleep Inn at the Universal exit on Major Blvd. It was nice, the hotel was only 1 1/2 years old, and very clean. I think for a room with 2 queen beds we paid $44 before tax. Adjoining rooms are available there. Good luck!

It all depends on what is most important to you. For myself, in your situation, I would go to the All Stars. If you are going by Ocala, and are there before they close, checking there for availability would be a good idea, although they do not discount the value or moderate resorts. You could at least find out if there is any room available or if you need to look for something off site.

I know you can get some rooms for much cheaper, but I won't stay off site myself. I would much prefer to wake up at Disney. Just my thoughts.

We stayed in the amerisuites calypso cay, they have two doubles and a sleeper sofa double, microwave, fridge, sink coffee maker and a continental breakfast, nice and clean. Use entertainment and see what rate they will give you. One mile from lake bunavista factory stores, about 5 min from wdw resorts. Worked out well for us.

Deb.

Hi, my first post.

Try Holiday Inn Main Gate East. It's next to the park and has fairly low rates. It's also a large reputable chain and I believe you can get rates ranging from $30-45 per night. I'd say the rooms were 4 people max per room, there wasn't much space for more. We stayed one night prior to staying at Disney once on a weekend trip. Drove up Friday night, stayed there, then stayed at the Poly Sat & Sun night. It's standard fair for Route 192, but reasonable and right next to Disney.

Great ideas, everyone! I especially like the priceline suggestion, except that we really won't know where we'll be in our journey until that day. But this is exactly why I wanted your ideas...I like choices. I completely forgot about the Florida travel brochure with all those motel coupons. I probably will make a couple of ressies at "safe" choices in Tallahassee, Ocala, Gainesville or Orlando and cancel early in the afternoon when we know more or less where we'll be on Sat. night. (Secretly I'm hoping for those $49 rates at AS again like last year!)

Thanks!
Vicki

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter