Where do you stop if you drive

Some places still take cash..not many..but the sunpass pro is a small device you attach to your windshield and lets you go thru and bills you automatic.
Order online and delivers in about 2,3 weeks...set up the account with min 10us dollars and good to go.

It's Toll by plate most of the way down from Montreal at least the I87/I95 way. I've had a NY EZPass since before the pandemic and it works great.

Which one is better? We will likely be taking I95 the hole way down.
Do they both work for all tolls along the I95 route? Or do we need both?

Don't know about the sunpass... But my NY EZpass works all the way down. Even on the I4 in Florida

Reactions: ky.
Not sure about the NY one,,,but sunpass pro is good for the whole stretch. No issues

Both cover the common routes down to Florida.

Where can I use my SunPass PRO?
SunPass PRO works on toll roads and most bridges in Florida plus, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, parts of Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Here’s a link to the NY EZ Pass coverage: https://www.e-zpassny.com/en/about/facilities.shtml

Sorry to hijack but what do we need to get for the tolls? You can't just pay cash for them anymore? We will be driving from Montreal for an end of October trip.
Yes, get the SunPass Pro. It is a real convenience, and you have lots of time.

From Montreal I strongly recommend our preferred route from Ottawa. Google maps will show you that the direct route from Montreal straight down I-95 is fastest at 21h 20 m. Don't believe them because you will lose time through all the congestion on that route, not to mention the life years lost from all the aggravation. Check out the alternate route down 401 to I-81 and then keeping I-81 all the way to I-77 down to Charlotte NC, to I-26 in Columbia SC and then onto the I-95. GM says it is 22h 10 m but we always make up time because, aside from Charlotte, there is no traffic down that route. We've made the trip both routes several times (well a lot more times on I-81) and strongly recommend it!

Or try both ways on the trip and tell me that you didn't inherit less gray hairs going my way!

The transponder will work for the tolls crossing the 1000 Islands Bridge (US$3.75), the Express Lanes at Charlotte ($5-8 - be sure to get off and take the I-485 Inner (West Side) bypass around Charlotte - took a few trips to discover this trick), and either I-4 Express Lanes ($3 @ 9:00 Saturday), or the 417 toll highway around Orlando ($4 last time in 2022). We use it lots while shopping around Kissimmee as well - several toll expressways that make getting around much easier.

Last edited:
Quick question for you all. We got the Sun pass pro and have it installed on our windshield but it does not seem to be working for any of the ez pass spots in New York. We loaded it with $10 to start and we’ve been through 3-4 tolls now and the website still shows my balance as $10. We have it on the wind shift about 2 inches away from the mirror. We have tried it on both sides on the mirror but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

Quick question for you all. We got the Sun pass pro and have it installed on our windshield but it does not seem to be working for any of the ez pass spots in New York. We loaded it with $10 to start and we’ve been through 3-4 tolls now and the website still shows my balance as $10. We have it on the wind shift about 2 inches away from the mirror. We have tried it on both sides on the mirror but it didn’t seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?
This drove me crazy too. On our trip down our first New York toll charge showed up 8 days later. On the way home it was 4 days.

Some car windshields can be coated in a way that the radio frequency from the transponder is blocked.

If you’ve ever seen those sections of a windshield near the rear view mirror that kind of look like they’re covered in dark dots, or in other words exactly where I wouldn’t think to mount a transponder, apparently that’s where you actually need to mount it in certain cars!

Idk, I guess I’m lucky because my NY E-Zpass picks up no problem from cubby on top of my dash even without mounting to the glass.

Some car windshields can be coated in a way that the radio frequency from the transponder is blocked.

If you’ve ever seen those sections of a windshield near the rear view mirror that kind of look like they’re covered in dark dots, or in other words exactly where I wouldn’t think to mount a transponder, apparently that’s where you actually need to mount it in certain cars!

Idk, I guess I’m lucky because my NY E-Zpass picks up no problem from cubby on top of my dash even without mounting to the glass.
My Delaware transponder and my very old SunPass, all on an auto draw from a credit card, don't pick up anything. I have no idea where the Sunpass is. I know where the EZ Pass is but it never registers as it goes through a toll that shows 'paid'. It's also not necessarily in the vehicle I'm in.

Anyway, my experience is that regardless, the toll gets charged to my account eventually, including having the route 200 toll in Maryland being charged to my SunPass account and the Orlando route 4 tolls charged to the Delaware EZ pass in combo with the Sunpass (as in one or two tolls on one, the rest on the other).

The most important aspect is to keep the credit card info updated so that the charges can be applied. Then I don't worry about getting a ticket for not paying.

And, yes, one of these days I'm going to pick up a working pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter