Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

JETSDAD

DIS Veteran
I don’t think anyone should overthink this , if I’m reading the numbers correctly there are double to triple number of contracts YOY hitting the market in very uncertain economic times , there is no real driver to meet that demand, and prices will probably fall significantly, am I missing something at the macro level?
One more thing - one artificial demand driver (Disney ROFR) has been eliminated
I don't think the numbers are a YOY comparison but rather a comparison to an average from a random set of dates (the 6 months before Covid hit if I recall correctly). It's also on a daily basis rather than an average of say a month. On any given day you can see a group of listings hit the market or you can see next to nothing. Without averaging that over the course of some period of time it can give a very skewed picture (either way). It also doesn't take into account the rate at which the listings sell. If a lot of new listings are showing up but they are also selling then you're not going to see a significant drop in pricing. Now if there are many new listings every day and far fewer contracts being sold, then you may see a decline in pricing.

bookwormde

<font color=darkorchid>Heading out now, another ad
7/3 update

number of newly posted resale contracts at about 180-200% of average*

* Aggregating site is not updating so lower level is directly observed, upper level includes what is would typically only observed through the aggregating site.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.

Subscribe to the DVCstore.com
mailing list!

BUY DVC

SELL DVC

DVC POINT CHARTS

DIS PODCASTS