Where does DIS Boards get their information from?

Disneylandfan85

Mouseketeer
What is the best way to post news information on anything going on without having to worry about filters? Or to put it another way, where does DIS Boards get most of their information from?

I’m not sure what you mean by “without having to worry about filters.”

If the news you are thinking of is Disney related, try our Disney Rumors and News forum.

If it is more general news, choose the forum most applicable to the topic. Just be aware that politics is not welcome here.

I’m not sure what you mean by “without having to worry about filters.”

If the news you are thinking of is Disney related, try our Disney Rumors and News forum.

If it is more general news, choose the forum most applicable to the topic. Just be aware that politics is not welcome here.

I'm not being political. I have posted several videos from other sources, and they were removed on the grounds of alleged advertising of the site in question. I am just trying to figure out how to explain where the news came from without breaking any rules.

Ah... the site you have used is filtered intentionally. You cannot link, quote or use information from that site here.

Ah... the site you have used is filtered intentionally. You cannot link, quote or use information from that site here.

But I also posted a video from another source (DSNY Newscast), and it was removed as well. I was told I could post a link from there. It's kind of inconsistent.

But I also posted a video from another source (DSNY Newscast), and it was removed as well. I was told I could post a link from there. It's kind of inconsistent.
The video which you posted was removed because it had a banner/link for viewers to click in order to "Subscribe" to that channel. Thus it was advertising for that site and qualified as unauthorized advertising on this site, i.e. that site is not on the list of authorized advertisers for the DIS Boards. It might be better if you simply discussed the news topics in which you are interested in detail yourself in the appropriate threads/boards, rather than just posting videos. You'll notice that other posters in the thread in question (the one about the new ride in TT in DL) are doing just that. And, as Webmaster Kathy pointed out, if you wish to discuss Disney news and rumors, e.g. news and rumors about a new ride coming to TT -- from the news perspective, that would probably fit better on the News and Rumors board, not the DLR trip planning board.

Last edited:
The video which you posted was removed because it had a banner/link for viewers to click in order to "Subscribe" to that channel. Thus it was advertising for that site and qualified as unauthorized advertising on this site, i.e. that site is not on the list of authorized advertisers for the DIS Boards. It might be better if you simply discussed the news topics in which you are interested in detail yourself in the appropriate threads/boards, rather than just posting videos. You'll notice that other posters in the thread in question (the one about the new ride in TT in DL) are doing just that. And, as Webmaster Kathy pointed out, if you wish to discuss Disney news and rumors, e.g. news and rumors about a new ride coming to TT -- from the news perspective, that would probably fit better on the News and Rumors board, not the DLR trip planning board.

The News and Rumors page seems to be about more about WDW (as indeed the majority of this site is, in fact) than Disneyland. True, there are other things besides just WDW (i.e., Disney+, Disney sections for Target stores), but very few things related to Disneyland. I didn't even see anything in the News and Rumors page on Disneyland until the second page (towards the bottom, I might add).

The News and Rumors page seems to be about more about WDW (as indeed the majority of this site is, in fact) than Disneyland. True, there are other things besides just WDW (i.e., Disney+, Disney sections for Target stores), but very few things related to Disneyland. I didn't even see anything in the News and Rumors page on Disneyland until the second page (towards the bottom, I might add).
I saw a thread about the management changes at DLR that was close to the top of the first page. The threads are there -- you just have to look. And there's nothing wrong with being a pioneer. You can be the one to start posting more DLR threads on that forum!

I saw a thread about the management changes at DLR that was close to the top of the first page. The threads are there -- you just have to look. And there's nothing wrong with being a pioneer. You can be the one to start posting more DLR threads on that forum!

I did look. I didn't say they weren't there at all, just that they were few and far between. And I'm not really a pioneer if there are already a few threads on Disneyland.

I did look. I didn't say they weren't there at all, just that they were few and far between. And I'm not really a pioneer if there are already a few threads on Disneyland.
I'm not trying to argue with you, just trying to be encouraging. But if this is something that you don't want to do, that is, of course, your choice.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter