• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where else can I eat that's Air Conditioned in the parks?

fairytinkerbell

<font color=purple>The music in the Disney Plannin
I was going to book Plaza Restaurant in MK, and Sci Fi, but I was thinking about how long it might take away from park touring time and plus how expensive it gets.

But I want to eat at restaurants during the hot day w/ nice, cool
air conditioning. Are there any "counter-type" places to eat that have
a/c???

:confused:

All of the counter service restaurants have air conditioning in their indoor seating areas. Flame Tree Barbecue, in the AK, Cantina de San Angel, Lotus Blossum Cafe and Sommerfest in World Showcase at EPCOT and Rosie's at the Studios are the only quick service restaurants without indoor seating areas that I can think of. You should have no problem.

There are plenty! I'm just going to give you a few at each park that I remember off the top of my head, but there are more. Also, keep in mind that some of these places have indoor and outdoor seating, so if you get there and you only see outdoor, I promise I'm not crazy, it's just in another area.

MK
Peco's Bill (burgers, salads, wraps)
Cosmic Ray's (my favorite, has 3 stations, burgers, chicken and soup/salad/sandwiches)
Pinocchio Village Haus

Epcot
The Land (has several stations also, with choices like pasta, bbq, and sandwiches)
One in Innoventions, can't remember the name

MGM
ABC Commissary
Backlot Express
Toy Story Pizza Planet

AK
Tusker House
Pizzafari

That's all I have without looking, I hope it helps!

there's also the Columbia Harbor House at MK. The one in Epcot's Future World is called the Electric Umbrella.

really? wow i never new that. i ate at backlot express before.

last time we went in 1999 it was august and VERY CROWDED AND VERY HOT
110 degrees . i actually got sick from sweating and going in a/c on rides!

so i wanted to be sure to cool off and take breaks this time, but going in october!
hopefully better weather.

any other places?? pirata perico?:wave:

El Pirata y el Perico is seasonal and does have some indoor seating that is shared with Peco's Bill. Most of the seating there is outdoor I think.

Sci-Fi is a cool place to eat (both in temperature & theming!). My DH & I split a salad, sandwich, & shake (which were all very good!), so it wasn't too expensive & we had a nice 1 1/2 or so to enjoy nice a.c. Then we did something like grabbed a burger or hot dog for dinner.

Also, if you want to splurge & are at Epcot, Le Cellier is a nice cool place (supposed to be like a wine celler, I think) to eat w/ great food (again large portions even at lunch - well, they seemed large to me anyway!) I had a cup of the cheddar soup which is fantastic & a salad w/ grilled chicken (I ate hardly any of the chicken - the soup is very filling!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter