Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

i-rJqHCq6-S.jpg

Good thought Sorcerers but I don't think so; I haven't done any of the Sorcerer searches so not 100% sure but this is from the MK. :tink:

Attraction, shop or food service?

I vote take him.:yay: I know he is young and won't remember a lot but my daughter was 7 when we took her and she doesn't remember a lot of it. Disney is so much better with kids.:yay:

my main concern is traveling the flight will be 10+ hours with a several hours layover that a long time for a kid and adult lol

I asked this to a bunch of my friend.

one came back and said after he is 6 we will be taking him on every vacation this might be our last Disney vacation we can take just the two of us. and Emily did mentioned she would like to take our time to see everything the last time we did not go into each pavilion in epcot because we have kids with is they there are not interesting to taking in all the sites they just want the rides lol

there are many pavilions she has not go into and seen

coffee or hot cocoa? Juice or slushy?

Well Terri has just about covered all the drinks that I can think of in the MK so I'll wait for your answer. :tink:

This is from a food service in the MK. They are for hot cocoa which should give you a big clue as to what is going on in the picture.

Name the food service and what is going on in the picture.

Ok what would you do

We want to take a vacation soon like end of Feb/March back down to Disneyworld for 8 days. All we can really afford right now, which would gives use 6 full days in the parks and two days for travel

My dilemma I am having is do we take James or just me and Emily

When we took James when he was 22 moths we went with a big group with all my nieces and nephews so there was plenty of people to watch and play with him and my mom came and was a big help watching him when we all wanted to go on rides together

James will be 4 in Jan and he is at the stage right now that I don’t want to be those parents with that screaming cranky kid lol. If he does not want to do something he will not and he will let you know it lol

Plus even thou he say he remember going 2 years ago I know he does not really and in a few years will be remember this trip as well. I think a good age to start going with James is around 6 that way he will remember and will listen and behave. That is around when I started to go to Disneyland. Even thou he was a blast to have last time and he behaved sooo well. I have a feeling that this trip may be different if it is only the 3 of us.

Last trip he slept the whole way on the flight which was a help of gravel lol but this trip we will be using points for the flight and the flight will be longer because they always put you on the bad flight when its free lol and I know he will not sleep the whole way and will get antsy easily in a plain seat. Even thou we have plenty of games and iPad just the fact that he can not get up out of the seat. It bugs me all the time I know it will bug him too

And then there is a price even thou he will be only 4 they treat him like an adult with pricing for food and tickets. And the way Disney is with their dining plan everyone in your party has to be on the plan is you want it. And we always get the meal plan because for us we always make it the most of it and save money

So what do to

Take him or leave him with the grandparent who will have to share him with a few days here and a few days there

my main concern is traveling the flight will be 10+ hours with a several hours layover that a long time for a kid and adult lol

I asked this to a bunch of my friend.

one came back and said after he is 6 we will be taking him on every vacation this might be our last Disney vacation we can take just the two of us. and Emily did mentioned she would like to take our time to see everything the last time we did not go into each pavilion in epcot because we have kids with is they there are not interesting to taking in all the sites they just want the rides lol

there are many pavilions she has not go into and seen

I think you make a good case for not taking him. I don't remember going at 5. My cousin said we went a few times to Disneyland! I think it's fine if you and Emily want to have a nice relaxed adult trip. With him you won't be able to go on the good rides together. And paying for the meal plan for him is ridiculous that will wipe out any savings. You have to spend like $50 a day on food to make it worth while and most 4 year olds don't eat that much.

10 hours on a plane is so horrible for everyone and it's harder on little kids that don't understand. I hate the trip to DW.

I couldn't stand the thought of going for a month without my satellite radio so I bought a new car today. I got a Toyota Venza. I had never heard of Venza but it's very similar to my Rav4.

Ok what would you do

We want to take a vacation soon like end of Feb/March back down to Disneyworld for 8 days. All we can really afford right now, which would gives use 6 full days in the parks and two days for travel

When we took James when he was 22 moths we went with a big group with all my nieces and nephews so there was plenty of people to watch and play with him and my mom came and was a big help watching him when we all wanted to go on rides together

James will be 4 in Jan and he is at the stage right now that I don’t want to be those parents with that screaming cranky kid lol. If he does not want to do something he will not and he will let you know it lol

Plus even thou he say he remember going 2 years ago I know he does not really and in a few years will be remember this trip as well. I think a good age to start going with James is around 6 that way he will remember and will listen and behave. That is around when I started to go to Disneyland. Even thou he was a blast to have last time and he behaved sooo well. I have a feeling that this trip may be different if it is only the 3 of us.

Last trip he slept the whole way on the flight which was a help of gravel lol but this trip we will be using points for the flight and the flight will be longer because they always put you on the bad flight when its free lol and I know he will not sleep the whole way and will get antsy easily in a plain seat. Even thou we have plenty of games and iPad just the fact that he can not get up out of the seat. It bugs me all the time I know it will bug him too

And then there is a price even thou he will be only 4 they treat him like an adult with pricing for food and tickets. And the way Disney is with their dining plan everyone in your party has to be on the plan is you want it. And we always get the meal plan because for us we always make it the most of it and save money

So what do to

Take him or leave him with the grandparent who will have to share him with a few days here and a few days there

I'm going to have to vote "leave him with grandparents". DD only left the girls with us when they were babies BUT...let's just say, in my child care business, I've had children under my care like James who can NOT sit still...and shall we say were a little "head strong" :rolleyes1. I KNOW how hard it is to deal with 3/4 year olds when they don't want to do something...DD does it now on a daily basis in the pre-school she works at. You also limit yourselves to attractions unless you use the parent swap and you are so right...the meal plan WILL add a good amount even though he's charged as a "child". When DGD's were small DH and I went with them; we "took turns" with their care and when one or the other couple "needed a break". Pappy loved going back to the resort for pool time and/or naptime and Mimi just wanted to "go/go/go" all day. Redstorm loved the "thrill rides" even when she was little...like the Barnstormer...SIL was always right there with her. :goodvibes You know your child better than we do but with a flight THAT long and limited funds for the trip I'd promise him a "special gift" and let the grandparents enjoy him for a week. DL is much cheaper for y'all on the east coast; promise him a short trip there next year...that way you get to enjoy BOTH the parks. :goodvibes :tink:

...just read the "10 hour flight" information...HELL no don't take him :rotfl2:...with layovers too...:eek:. That would drive ME bonkers! :lmao:

Whipped cream dispenser? Table or counter service? :tink:

This is from a quick/counter service restaurant in the MK. They are cups for hot cocoa which should give you a big clue as to what is going on in the picture.

This is from a quick/counter service restaurant in the MK. They are cups for hot cocoa which should give you a big clue as to what is going on in the picture.

Okay...quick serve spot but no clue what's going on in picture :rotfl:. Not whipped cream dispenser, right? Is it a spot to add additions to your hot chocolate or is it a "serve yourself" dispenser? But then you said Mickey's head is the cup so this is not a dispenser? :confused3 :tink:

Ok what would you do

So what do to

Take him. When ours was little and got cranky, we would hop on the resort monorail and ride it round and round (and sometime round and round again, lol) until he fell asleep (keeping him in the stroller). Then we would get out at the CR and have a drink in the bar while he napped. Then we were all refreshed to finish the day. Of course, you will have a hotel (as where we were local and only there for the day) so you could always go back to your room for a mid day nap.

Skip the dining plan and take lots of snacks or even pack a lunch, that way you can skip a meal. You can have groceries delivered to you hotel or call a cab/Uber and run to the store to stock up.

Remember also there is rider swap, so if you and your wife want to ride something he can't, you dont have to wait in line twice.

Which "land" is this in?

Take him. When ours was little and got cranky, we would hop on the resort monorail and ride it round and round (and sometime round and round again, lol) until he fell asleep (keeping him in the stroller). Then we would get out at the CR and have a drink in the bar while he napped. Then we were all refreshed to finish the day. Of course, you will have a hotel (as where we were local and only there for the day) so you could always go back to your room for a mid day nap.

Skip the dining plan and take lots of snacks or even pack a lunch, that way you can skip a meal. You can have groceries delivered to you hotel or call a cab/Uber and run to the store to stock up.

Remember also there is rider swap, so if you and your wife want to ride something he can't, you dont have to wait in line twice.

lol we tried to go back to the resort last time when we were there when he was 22 months and it never really happened, you spend so much time waiting for the buses and stuff that its not worth it lol it just ment he would sleep good that night

but after talking with Emily last night we decided it will be just an US trip, she just has to figure out her vacation time. I can take mine when ever I want. I get 3 weeks so I can take it whenever and break it up as I want too lol

lol we tried to go back to the resort last time when we were there when he was 22 months and it never really happened, you spend so much time waiting for the buses and stuff that its not worth it lol it just ment he would sleep good that night

but after talking with Emily last night we decided it will be just an US trip, she just has to figure out her vacation time. I can take mine when ever I want. I get 3 weeks so I can take it whenever and break it up as I want too lol

party: HOORAY...smart move in my opinion. I agree on the "go back to resort" thing unless you're staying at a monorail resort or WL which is where we'd stay when DGD's were little. We didn't try CB until our girls were 7 & 12. :rotfl: Just not worth it waiting for the buses with a cranky kid. I still have to give a "yes" to the dining plan especially since it's jut the 2 of you. To many great restaurants to try and YOU'RE ON VACATION! You'll miss him...a little :goodvibes. When I went on my solo trip I spent maybe 30 minutes "missing" the rest of the family and then it was on to ME TIME...and we all deserve that at some point and time. That's AWESOME Jeff...have a great trip! :dance3: :tink:

This is from a food service in the MK. They are for hot cocoa which should give you a big clue as to what is going on in the picture.

I think you make a good case for not taking him. I don't remember going at 5. My cousin said we went a few times to Disneyland! I think it's fine if you and Emily want to have a nice relaxed adult trip. With him you won't be able to go on the good rides together. And paying for the meal plan for him is ridiculous that will wipe out any savings. You have to spend like $50 a day on food to make it worth while and most 4 year olds don't eat that much.

10 hours on a plane is so horrible for everyone and it's harder on little kids that don't understand. I hate the trip to DW.

I couldn't stand the thought of going for a month without my satellite radio so I bought a new car today. I got a Toyota Venza. I had never heard of Venza but it's very similar to my Rav4.

Is it from the Bakery?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter