Where In The World 21. We are now completely legal!!!

Frozen Ever After? Maybe the ceiling?

i-tC6d7pm-Th.jpg

No Ma'am, not from Frozen Ever After. :goodvibes :tink:

You know the ice situation in Houston is serious when the major shopping malls...like the GALLERIA...CLOSE! :faint: Maybe their shutting down in an effort to keep the IDIOTS off the freeways! :crazy: :rotfl2: :tink:

Little bit "chilly" here this morning. :goodvibes Currently at 25 ; no snow for us but more than enough sleet/freezing rain. Holding our breath on power; ice accumulating on the lines and already had the lights "blink" more than once. DD DID text her clients this morning to notify them of the shop closing...REASON? Her vehicle doors were FROZEN SHUT :rotfl2:... she couldn't get to work even if she WANTED too. :rotfl2: She enclosed her garage a few years ago so now her vehicles sit outside; she says EVERY time something like this happens she's going to add a garage to the house but never has. :rolleyes: GLAD she has an excuse though this morning; road closures all around the area. Freezing temperature all the way down to Galveston Island. :tink:

Sleet and freezing rain is worse than snow.:eek: That's when you lose power.

DD just posted a video on Facebook...the Princess is outside "sledding" down a hill in a laundry basket!:rotfl2::rotfl::rotfl2: :tink:

Ok that's just too funny.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm sorry! I did not see this earlier. I think we were both posting at the same time.

Your DD should definitely be on the phone cancelling tomorrow! Not worth risking your life to trim a dog. They can reschedule!

It's snowing here again.... 33 degrees. And I HAVE to go to town. I have the key to the building for the dress rehearsal for tomorrow's concert, if we have it. We were supposed to have had it last month but the people at the assisted living place were sick and the weren't letting people visit. I've heard they may be having another round of it. Be fine with me if I didn't have to drive in tomorrow!

We're getting more snow tomorrow too, up to 8 inches.

Sleet and freezing rain is worse than snow.:eek: That's when you lose power.

Ok that's just too funny.:rotfl2::rotfl2:

We're getting more snow tomorrow too, up to 8 inches.

Very disappointed we didn't get snow :(...this ice and sleet business is for the birds! :cold: It's just NASTY! :rotfl: My BFF lives 1 1/2 hours southwest of us...closer to the coast so more moisture in the atmosphere. Their electricity provider has 75% of their customers without power this evening!:eek: We've been lucky...so far....and think we're okay. It's beginning to clear :eek: which is just as bad...means those temps are going to drop even more. :eek: It's been 26 since about 3 AM, dropped to 24 briefly during some heavy sleet then went back "up" to 26. The laundry basket was TO FUNNY...she was squealing with delight! :rotfl2: Redstorm never set foot outside the house today! :rolleyes: We had no trash pickup today and no mail service. City was closed and mail trucks couldn't get here from Houston. WISH we'd have gotten YOUR 8" of snow! o_O:tink:

Last edited:
MY FAVORITE PICTURE TODAY ON FACEBOOK..."Due to the winter weather warning" for Tuesday, the State of Texas is................."

26231804_2268249303200797_3862325049114547192_n.jpg
:rotfl2:

Coldest weather in our area in the last 20 YEARS. I made a large pot of Chicken Squash Soup this afternoon for dinner tonight and leftovers for tomorrow in case we loose power (we could heat on wood stove or in fireplace)...until Redstorm came for dinner! :faint: She ate 2 full bowls and took half of it home for herself for tomorrow! :rotfl: Covered all my tropical plants this afternoon after putting Christmas lights around them for additional warmth...and then a tarp to protect the covers from the rain/ice/snow; both son-in-laws raided our firewood stash :rolleyes1 for firewood; DH brought an extra load home from his shop; his work place is closed tomorrow; SCHOOLS ARE CLOSED...and best of all SOCCER IS CANCELLED! :dancer::dance3::woohoo:! Major roads, bridges and interstates have been prepared for possible ice but Texas Department of Public Safety recommends "just staying home". 3 PM tomorrow afternoon our "real feel" is predicted to be 8 degrees so yes..."NH weather HAS flown south"! :lmao: :tink:

American Adventure?

You should check out the community board there is a thread called "Houston is closed!"

Like the one I posted last night?:lmao: Saw that last night...judging from the freeway mess...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! :crazy:

This is the hill she was "laundry basket sledding" today...

26815357_1980659485281566_191435664342322013_n.jpg

The house is on the left...she'd slid down the hill and INTO the side of the house! :crazy: 3-4 feet to the right and she'd slid right down into that huge lake I sent you a picture of on the other side of the house! :rotfl2: :tink:

Areas to the south received a LOT more of the "wintery mix" than we did but it sure was cold here today for us! :cold: Right now we're at 24...from 70 to 24 over the last 24 hours...

i-jJ6mTLZ-S.jpg
i-74mtz9M-S.jpg
i-S7vNqjB-S.jpg
:tink:

i-tC6d7pm-Th.jpg

::yes:: American Adventure is the location; now tell me where. :goodvibes :tink:

It's outside? On a wall? A light show? You said attraction, right? So it has to be on the main building?

So sorry your DH had to go out in that weather! Must have been an emergency. I always say it would have to be an emergency or poor planning to go out on days like that. Glad your DD closed her shop! If they mail is cancelled, she should stay home. Ice is worse than snow! Meanwhile we haven't even been below freezing in days! :beach: It's hard to complain about the warm temps and lack of snow but then the summer could be worse.......

Like the one I posted last night?:lmao: Saw that last night...judging from the freeway mess...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN! :crazy:

This is the hill she was "laundry basket sledding" today...

26815357_1980659485281566_191435664342322013_n.jpg

The house is on the left...she'd slid down the hill and INTO the side of the house! :crazy: 3-4 feet to the right and she'd slid right down into that huge lake I sent you a picture of on the other side of the house! :rotfl2: :tink:

lol silly southeners that is not snow

you cant slide down a hill where there is more grass then snow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter