Where is Bambi???

Status
Not open for further replies.

tychux72

Earning My Ears
Was just sitting here and had a thought. Where are Bambi and Thumper at Magic Kingdom? Are they not as beloved as Dumbo, Peter Pan, Pooh, etc? I don’t recall seeing anything on our trip last summer. We’re going again in June ‘19 and can’t find any reference to Bambi theming references on YT. Did we miss something?

I believe there is a Thumper character, but Ive never seen him in person. I assume he is pretty rare. I don't think Ive ever seen a Bambi.

Aside from plush, pins and SOTMK cards they normally have Bambi characters as topiaries in Canada for flower and garden.... Thumper sometimes visits during Easter Time and possibly race weekends as well as far as character meets

They just can't include every Disney character in the parks is all it is.

We have photos taken with Thumper and Miss Bunny from AK. I think they were from Camp Minnie Mickey area (now Pandora).

I was JUST about to mention this! I was THRILLED to see Thumper! It was a nice surprise! And Camp Minnie/Mickey is gone now? :(:guilty:

I was JUST about to mention this! I was THRILLED to see Thumper! It was a nice surprise! And Camp Minnie/Mickey is gone now? :(:guilty:

Camp Minnie Mickey closed almost 5 years ago. Festival of the Lion King was moved to it's new home where it is now and then Pandora was built where it was

Camp Minnie Mickey closed almost 5 years ago. Festival of the Lion King was moved to it's new home where it is now and then Pandora was built where it was

This land's final day of operation was January 5, 2014.
The information below is provided for historical reference.

Well I found that on another website. I have NO clue where that was then that we met Daisy Duck. :confused3

Last edited:
No Bambi sadly. Also, the only Lady and The Tramp reference is the restaurant Tony's in MK. :(

I wish Wall-E and Coco had some park presence, my favorite Pixar movies!

I've met Thumper and Miss Bunny at AK, but, you are correct....Bambi must be kept in a back room with Hercules and that whole gang! IMG_0045.JPG

Showing my age, but I have a picture of me with Thumper and Flower - from the 1970's. No line, no meet and greet, just roaming the park. Sigh-memories....
We did see Thumper several years ago, at Animal Kingdom during the Easter season. Have never seen Bambi, sadly.

Bambi has a topiary that they bring out every year. That's about all he warrants.

There is also very little for Robin Hood (so many opportunities), Sword in the Stone (other than the aforementioned sword bit), The rescuers (that one saddens me), Fox and the hound (really???? Where is the love Disney?), The black Cauldron (WHY is Eilonwy NOT a Disney Princess? She's Disney. She's a princess. By definition she should be), Oliver and Company, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Emperors new Groove, and a host of other great ones I am missing.

Instead they gave us Stiches Great Escape...... Oh and lets not forget Tiki Room Gate of 1998. I have it on good authority that Fritz set the fire putting things back.

Stitch is very popular. Bambi and ... Oliver and Company are not. It’s not rocket science.

Because Bambi has never been a costumed character in the parks, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter