Where is Road construction going on???

PoohMoma

Earning My Ears
I was wondering where all the road construction is going on. We are supposed to be at Polynesian Isles Resort about 4 miles down 192 from World Drive. Any clues?

East or West of Disney?? When we were last there in May, it was mostly West of Disney now, and we have friends who are staying West in a couple of weeks, so I'll keep you updated then if no-one else knows.

It is east of Disney near the Publix on 192, I think.
Well, between Disney and Publix according to my map.

For those of you that do not know, 192 is the major tourist road in Kissimmee, that takes you straight into Disney World. On this road, you can find every type of hotel/motel, restaurant and gift shop that you can imagine!

Over the last 2-3 years, this road has been a nightmare due to the expansion constuction. Well all has finally paid off as the newly built 192 looks great!

192 basically runs East/West with Disney in the middle.

East of Disney includes hotels like: Days Suites, Comfort Suites Eastgate, Magic Castle Inn & Suites, Howard Johnson Enchantedland Resort, Super 8 Motel, Travelodge Eastgate, and many more.

West of Disney includes hotels like: Holiday Inn Nikki Bird, Ramada Plaza Gateway, Hampton Inn Maingate West, Clarion Hotel, Diplomat Resort and many others.

The constrution East of Disney is now comming to an end. All the road work seems complete, and all lanes are now open. The sidewalks are done...they are very wide and make walking in the evening fun! They are still adding more landscaping and working on the benches and things like that, however this is not an inconvenience, and looked like it should be done very shortly.

The construction West of Disney is still in progress. It seems they did the sidewalks, landscaping, benches first....as this is now complete. They are still working on the the actual road, which can actually be a mess at times, but does not back traffic up for more then a few minutes.

Kissimmee is now a much better tourist town for its pedestrian friendly roads....I used to hate going there because they previously had no sidewalks, landscaping, lighting, etc....now that is all solved!

Cheers
OrlandoInfo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter