~where is the best place to eat in epcot on new years eve???

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I am a Disney veteran. We have been to Disneyland over the holiday week so we are well aware of the chaos and crowds :) This is our first time venturing to Disney World over New Years. We are staying at The Yacht Club and would like a place to eat that would possibly let us stay and hang out to watch the fireworks. What about the restaurant in England? Thanks so much!!

We ate in Germany on NYE. I made an ADR for 5:30 so that we would be seated by 6pm. The band was playing at that time. Shortly before 6, many of the waitstaff went onto the dance floor and we counted down to the hour, which was midnight in the real Germany. It was fun and touching to see the CMs hugging and kissing, calling home on their cell phones, taking pix, just as if it was midnight!

Getting a table to view fireworks that week will take a miracle as every resistant will be fully booked. They won't let you request a table with a view because they are trying to turn tables to get everyone through.

We dined at Rose & Crown that week this year and were seated outside. It might have been good for fireworks if we could have stayed but it was so cold we couldn't wait to get up and walk around to get warm! Those patio heaters weren't effective enough to stay!

I would choose the cuisine you like best & make an ADR for midnight in their country.

As a side note, I've haven't been to Disneyland, but I've been to WDW all times of year. It's impossible to explain how crazy Epcot WS is on NYE. Imagine Times Square for ball drop in the tv broadcasting area now imagine all those people lining up for drinks into the walkway, then trying to make their way to the next band or country. It didn't look quite as crowded from Canada to Mexico, but I can't say for sure. We bailed before we made it that far.

Two years ago we ate in DHS, then went to Epcot to spend the rest of the evening & watch the fireworks. DHS seemed almost empty compared to Epcot WS. We were really unhappy with ourselves for leaving a very manageable park to enter one that would make sardines feel like they have plenty of room in the can. :p We stopped a couple places for a glass of champagne, but that was it. Our mission became making it out of WS as quickly as possible w/o being trampled. We exited through a gate on the Norway side of Mexico that I had never seen before. That was neat. On a positive note, when we got to FW, we practically had the park to ourselves. The few people there were mostly hanging out on the grass to see the fireworks rather than deal with the mob in WS. Yes, they were watching the Illuminations & NYE fireworks from FW. We spent the rest of the evening walking on rides, then watched the fireworks from the Epcot bus stop. It turned out to be a nice evening, after we left the masses behind. If I was in my teens or twenties, I would have enjoyed the packed, party atmosphere in WS. At 43, it was a nightmare.

For comparison, we were in MK on New Years Day, & didn't think it was crowded at all. I've never seen any of the parks even approach the crowd we encountered in WS. :eek:

Thanks so much for your inputs..I like the idea of picking a country for dinner when it turns midnight in that country around 6pm-7pm...then leaving...:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter