Where is the best place to rest in Disneyland on July 17th?

Circarama

You can call me Charlie
My wife and I were having a conversation about the anniversary weekend, and the subject of rest (or lack thereof) came up. We started thinking of all the places we might catch a catnap on the big anniversary. We came up with the Tiki Room, possibly Innoventions, the bottom floor of the Hungry Bear(in the back) and the 50th Magical Memories Theater (formerly Mr. Lincoln)
So put on your thinking caps. Tell me, where would you try to get some rest at the Park on July 17th? :teeth:

You can ride the train - it takes 20 minutes to go around the park
Pirates takes 15
It's a Small World takes 15
Relax on the bench on Main Street, that is, if it's free
Fantasia Gardens has chairs & tables
Carnation Plaza is a nice place to rest, especially if they have entertainment.
Golden Horseshoe - although you might be laughing too hard and Billy Hill & the Hillbillies.
Plaza Pavillion, especially if they're playing the piano
The monorail, though you'll have to get off in Tomorrowland (but then maybe you don't want to chance it in case they make you get off at Downtown Disney
Benches by the flagpole
Benches up on the train platform overlooking Main Street
Benches by the hub
Mark Twain
Columbia Ship
Angel's Court in New Orleans Square - just kick back on the staircase

Definitely the train...and you can just keep on going around...and around...and around...gotta love that gentle sway that trains make, and the hypnotic clackety-clack. mmmm...

A couple of my favorite hideouts are:

1) The little corner next to the Fantasyland theatre. You can get a cold drink and a snack if you like. There's about 5 tables with 4 chairs each. Lots of shade and a little entertainment if the show's going on.

2) The Main Street theater is a nice cool stop for a 15 minute break. Normally quite empty and a couple of screens showing early Mickey & Donald cartoons, you can always grab a piece of carpet and snatch 40 winks)

3) The pier between Small World and Matterhorn is covered and has quite a few tables and nearby snack and drink available. This was closed a couple of weeks ago, so I'm not sure of it's current status.

Most of DCA is usually quite empty and there are some nice rest stops there if you need a break.

1) In Bug's Land grab a bench and watch the toddlers frolic in the sprinklers

2) Inside the animation building is a large open space (air conditioned) with large screens showing clips from classic Disney movies.

3) The Aladdin show, Playhouse Disney, the California, Golden Dreams & Muppet's 3D are all inside (air conditioned) with entertaining shows (in darkened theaters). Golden Dreams probably is the quietest of the bunch.

Also grab a spot in the shade for the Block Party Parade, take a quick cat nap and wake up to enjoy the efforts of a bunch of real hard working entertainers.

Anywhere in the shade on Tom Sawyers Island! There are quite a few benches there, and usually they are empty. Lot's of little out of the way places to seek out and get out of the craziness!

barbarabee said:
Definitely the train...and you can just keep on going around...and around...and around...gotta love that gentle sway that trains make, and the hypnotic clackety-clack. mmmm...

While the train may be a nice place to rest, the wait to get on the train can be very long. I think that a lot of people see the train as a way to get around when the walking paths are so full of people that they are hard to walk on.
We waited over 20 minutes (4 trains) to catch the train on Monday (at New Orleans square).
Once we were on the train, we rode it around 2x, and by the time it got back to New Orleans square the 2nd time, our Splash Mountain fast passes were ready to use.

This is GREAT!! I'm going to condense all of these ideas into one page and print it out for my anniversary trip. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter