where is your favourite place to watch OUDP

jothp

Going to wash my car in honour of the mouse.
As the title says really.:goodvibes What is your favourite spot?

my absolute favourite is near the start of the normal parade route - opposite Pizzaria Bella Notte. Its quiet, its where the Princesses do their first stop - and once its past you you can do some rides in Fantasyland - or nip down the Discovery arcade and catch it all again at the end :goodvibes.

My favourite place to stand and watch the parade is in front of the gazebo in Main Street USA looking down towards the castle. The backdrop is stunning with the castle behind all of the floats. :goodvibes

my absolute favourite is near the start of the normal parade route - opposite Pizzaria Bella Notte. Its quiet, its where the Princesses do their first stop - and once its past you you can do some rides in Fantasyland - or nip down the Discovery arcade and catch it all again at the end :goodvibes.

My favourite place to stand and watch the parade is in front of the gazebo in Main Street USA looking down towards the castle. The backdrop is stunning with the castle behind all of the floats. :goodvibes

These both sound like great spots. I think we will only be able to watch once on our next trip and I am going to struggle to choose where to stand:goodvibes

Mine is on Main Street outside City Hall, you get a nice view of the floats as they go around the gazebo.

Now that the seatings been removed from opposite the castle stage we'll have to find somewhere else too, thanks for the suggestions. :thumbsup2

Mine is on Main Street outside City Hall, you get a nice view of the floats as they go around the gazebo.

I imagine this is a great spot to escape the park quickly once the parade has finished. We made the mistake of watching from the other end of main street last year then trying to leave the park and there were so many people:confused3 Even cutting through the arcade was packed:confused3

I second that - you can get some great pictures as the floats go around the bends round the gazebo, due to the angles. The crowds tend to be a bit less there too. We left it a bit late to get into position on Bastille Day, and around the hub the crowds must have been 10 deep - so we used the Liberty Arcades to get to the other end of Main St (would never have been able to get down Main St because of the crowds) and we managed to get into a position outside City Hall just behind one other person in fornt of us (and DS managed to wriggle into the front even).

Normally we watch at the start of the parade near Bella notre as well. Can often get an okay place even if you leave it late. Also depending on how strict and organised the CM's are right at the start opposite bella notre next to the disabled area is a fab place to stand because CM's stop people crossing the road for a bit before the parade starts so you don't get lots of people barging in at the last minute.

If you are lucky enough to watch the parade when the parks quiet right at the end of the parade is a great place to watch. My husband and I found this some years back when we decided not to bother watching the parade again and go to the village for a bit. By the time we had walked through the park and got near the exit the first bit of the parade had reached us and there was loads of space right at curbside. we couldn't resist christmas mickey and minnie dancing right in front of us and ended up staying (still one of my fav disney memories :lovestruc)

The quitest spots are near Pizzeria Bella Notte.

I watched Fantilussion from there last August and there was hardly anyone else there. The only problem with it is that you don't get to see any of the stops. Still enjoyed it though because there's no pushing or shoving. You can get close to the floats and the characters waved at us.

There must have literally only been about 10 people in this area when we watched it.

After the last float went past, we had time to walk through the short cut to discoveryland, ride an empty Buzz Lightyear and catch the parade as it went around the central hub.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter